Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Wii Game

Twilight Princess is a Wii game, it was just made to work on Gamecube as well with the standard controller.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'm going to post in here because most have a Wii.

Are you guys running out of system memory? I mean I'm down to nothing. I moved a lot of stuff to a 2gb sd card, but the Wii will not play saved games off sd. nor read channels.

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Xtreme Addict
    Actually all arguments point to it being a cube game at heart, it was developed primarily for it and actually delayed so that they could port it and add wii motion support - it was originally scheduled for christmas 2005 release. They then repositioned it as a launch title for the Wii, a smart move in my opinion.

In fact i believe they actually pushed back the cube release to a month or so later than the Wii version, creating confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    I'm going to post in here because most have a Wii.

Are you guys running out of system memory? I mean I'm down to nothing. I moved a lot of stuff to a 2gb sd card, but the Wii will not play saved games off sd. nor read channels.
    No problems here, you must have alot of stuff on there
    Last edited by Xello; 08-03-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Xtreme Addict
    I am surprised to not have heard SSB:B mentioned yet. It is by far my favorite game for the Wii. While the single player aspect of the game isn't that great it is the best non-online multiplayer game for any system imho (assuming your friends are of equal skill).

To Jaws, no I am not even close to running out of space, although I haven't bought any of the retro games to be fair. I have heard that since Reggie has official admitted there is a problem with storage that they will come out with some sort of external hd attachment.

As for the Zelda talk I have a friend (yeah, I know how that sounds) and a cousin who play tested the game that was supposed to come out in 2005 and they both said that it has been changed drastically. Most of the change was in art style though. The whole Eldin bridge boss battle was actually in the original game as were some other things.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Super Mario Galaxy FTW!
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Member
    Wii Ski on the Wii Fit!!

But the original sports games that come with the system are just pure win.
    .:Gaming Rig:.
    *Rebuilding*

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    I am surprised to not have heard SSB:B mentioned yet. It is by far my favorite game for the Wii. While the single player aspect of the game isn't that great it is the best non-online multiplayer game for any system imho (assuming your friends are of equal skill).
    It is the best multiplayer, but obviously zelda and mario don't fit into that catagory. The online isn't great, but i always said you can't play smash brothers with even a little lag since they announced the online mode 2-3 years ago. Offline is where it's at.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have finished redsteel and I thought it was great. I actually found the sword fights very frustration because the motion detection is often in-accurate, where as in another sword game I have its very good (cant remember the name damn it)...

Super smash brother rocks hard dudes. It's easily my favourite, you can do the single player mode as co-op with two players, or go all out brawls with 4 players, which i reckon is great, i love playing it multi-player, awsome game, and lots to unlock to give you more hours of playing before getting sick of it.

NFS carbon was good, but already having played it on PC, and it didn't compare really.

Mario and sonic at the olympic games is also good, and great for multi-player.

I would like to know, I wanted to put my smash bro's save one my SD card, its very big, uses 280blocks, I think thats about 28mb, and it wont let me do it. I can copy anything else, but not that file, even though ive got over 1000 empty blocks on the card as it only has a couple of back saves on it....

Whats the deal with no big file transfers?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by The0men View Post

Whats the deal with no big file transfers?
    I moved so many game saves to sd, but then I moved them back because I lost my saves in games.

games will not read off sd. I don't know why???

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

smash bros brawl and mario cart are the best in my opinion.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Okami!
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DataCables View Post
    smash bros brawl and mario cart are the best in my opinion.
    Hmm mario kart gets a bit boring, but smash brothers for sure. Especially when you got 4 players, its great fun.

The other best thing is the boxing on wii sports, get friend's over and watch girls try to throw punches when theyre drunk!!! thats quality.

The other best thing is the boxing on wii sports

true i love watching parents or older people try and play. this is quite amusing

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Twilight Princess is a Wii game, it was just made to work on Gamecube as well with the standard controller.
    It's actually a Gamecube game that at the last minute was turned into a Wii game. It was in development for Gamecube originally but since the system did poorly and the Wii was released prematurely, Nintendo decided to port it to Wii. It was released on the GC later as originally intended (I'm guessing) due to pressure from people who bought GC on the promise of the new Zelda game.
    Gigabyte H55N-USB3 (F5)
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX @ DDR3-1448 (8-8-8-25)
    MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II @ 880/1375
    1 x Samsung 250GB SATA HD
    1 x Samsung 500GB SATA HD
    Silverstone SG05 Case w/ ST45SF 450w PSU

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Best Wii games IMO:

Alone in the dark
    DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
    DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    Naruto: Clash Of Ninja Revolution
    Resident Evil 4

Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I tried to get into Resident evil 4, but its so damn hard to play, even more frustrating than Redsteel.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl All The Way!!11!!!@!2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark79 View Post
    It's actually a Gamecube game that at the last minute was turned into a Wii game. It was in development for Gamecube originally but since the system did poorly and the Wii was released prematurely, Nintendo decided to port it to Wii. It was released on the GC later as originally intended (I'm guessing) due to pressure from people who bought GC on the promise of the new Zelda game.
    This is true. It was originally a GameCube game. Interestingly, the game actually has sharper textures on the GameCube version. I own both versions of the game and with both games running on the same screen at 480p, the GameCube version looks better.

In addition, the GameCube version allows control of the camera using the C-stick and you can charge your spin attack by holding B. Both of these features are not present in the Wii version ultimately leading to, in my opinion, the GameCube version being better than the Wii version.

In my opinion, the best game on Wii is probably Smash Brawl.
    Last edited by renzokuken; 12-05-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Case: Coolermaster CM690 OS: Windows XP x64 edition / Windows Vista x64 Optical: Asus DRW-1814BLT, LG GDR8164B Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (rev 2.1) Monitors: Dual GDM-5410 21" RAM: Corsair XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800, 5-4-3-12 Processor: E2140 (M0) @ 3.2ghz/1.3825v (set in BIOS) PSU: Enermax EG565P-VE FMA (24P) 535W ATX2.01 PSU Videocard: Galaxy 512mb 8800GT @ 675/1674/1100 (Samsung 1.0ns) Cooling: Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Accelero S1 Rev. 2 + 2x 120mm Coolermaster fan Storage: Western Digital Raptor 74gb (WD740GD-00FLA2), Seagate 750gb (ST3750630AS)

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Brawl. For sure.
    I am Xtreme

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, I borrowed Brawl off of a friend 2 days ago, and its going to make me fail my mocks this week,
    Such a great game, just soooo FUN
    Something thats often forgotten about in modern games, old fashioned fun,
    But now I have stopped, and so, instead of doing revision, am now here, im doomed.

Xtreme Member
    Okami is a fantastic game. Its a lot better for the Wii than when it came out on the PS2, its hard to paint with an analog stick. I'm hoping the new Metroid Prime game is good, haven't played it yet.
    -trekie86

Antec 900 Black
    Rosewill 600W RP600V2-S-SL
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    Intel E8500 @ 3.8 GHz
    2 x 2 GB GSkill PC6400
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC 55nm
    EVGA 8800GTS PhysX
    640 GB WD HDD 7200 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Started life as a FTW and ended up as a WTF.

Xtreme Mentor
    Im looking to get a good set of a dozen or so classic Wii games. What should I get? (I already got Mario)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123