Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The CES Swiftech waterblock Challenge/ XS Party

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The comparision risk to be unfair, let me explain why. If they show up the performance of this "new waterblock" with TIM that was applied day ago and really "burned-in" and then remove it, put the waterblock you bring, this will not be fair, as we all know that temperature goes a couple degres down when the thermal paste is "burned-in".

Ebay Hater
    Ah, why is Asetek sleeping?
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Charloz24
    The comparision risk to be unfair, let me explain why. If they show up the performance of this "new waterblock" with TIM that was applied day ago and really "burned-in" and then remove it, put the waterblock you bring, this will not be fair, as we all know that temperature goes a couple degres down when the thermal paste is "burned-in".

That’s not going to happen
    We could even do the Swiftech block last. More excitement that way.

Besides, Swiftech doesn’t need to cheat with this block.

OPP

You guys really are certain huh.
    It's not gonna be a conventional block, 'cause in conventional watercooling the G5/7 is as effective as it can get.
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

hey

Gonna be fun . Maybe we can get some live ln2 action going after some swiftech ownage OPP??

-150c Club Member
    I can see a few ways; I cant wait to see what they do.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i really want to see this
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Mentor
    They are so confident that they have the best production block in the world, that if somebody beats it they only get a computer case? It doesn't sound like they have a lot of confidence if that's all they offer.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Addict
    its a watercooled case.
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circaflex
    its a watercooled case.
    big deal.

they should sign the winning waterblock (if homemade) to a contract and give the designer 50% of the profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket
    Erm, its a little weird how a lot of peeps dont have a case for their PC.....essentially thats a cheat because in a case things always run hotter, yet ppl will claim their OC "stable"

Sorry, in my book nothing is valid unless its in a case, and hence, a "normal" environment, by all means go nuts on cooling not a problem, but an open top setup with an OC ppl claim to be stable when in all reality inside a PC it probably won't be? Thats just unacceptable to me.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by bartsimsonii
    Quick, someone fly cathar in and tell him to bring his G7.

Edit:Oh thats probably a low flow set up hence why its the "best".
    Thats a pretty realistic scenario =/

Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY

The Storm series of blocks won't be able to challenge this design on the larger die's, such as quad cores, but they will still reign supreme on the single core and even 65nm dual cores.

That's my prediction...
    Not really. The G7 thats about to come out features a larger patch and is optimized for quad cores. I doubt switech will take the top, and if yes only until the G7 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer
    They are so confident that they have the best production block in the world, that if somebody beats it they only get a computer case? It doesn't sound like they have a lot of confidence if that's all they offer.
    I agree, thats a sh_tty reward for them being so sure. If they really were serious they should have thrown down $10,000 or even more serious prize money.

My take is they are using this contest to use other peoples ideas and design to learn from and use them selves.
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    Not really. The G7 thats about to come out features a larger patch and is optimized for quad cores. I doubt switech will take the top, and if yes only until the G7 is out.
    I haven't followed the G7's development for months now, but iirc, the G7 is merely an evolutionary step up the Storm ladder, being very similar to the G5, but with twice the jets and cups and some other 'minor' improvements and tweaks. I wouldn't call this optimized for quad cores as it's still a very small patch for cooling when compared with the MCW5000/Apogee and MCW6000 designs.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ultra efficient jet impingement block I would have thought. They seem to do best.

Xtreme Addict
    I'd be really curious to see who's gonna get back home whit the WC Case... Too bad im not in Vegas...
    • - Asus P8Z68-V PRO
    • - Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
    • - Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
    • - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
    • - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
    • - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    • - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
    • - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
    • - Dell UltraSharp 24''
    • - Noctua NH-D14

January - SLI Rig Of The Month (2008)

Getting things together, we should have the RD600 here in time. We will also be showing off the Hipro tech DDR Maximizer.

I have a super cherry chip, sent special from Intel. The highest binned X6800 (one week old) will be used for a world record attempt, I will have the mobo's ready and tested for the attempt.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    sounds tasty. too bad nevada is far away. Any chance on a webcast?
    Current: 2500k@ 4.0 // 8g Gskill // TZ68k+ // 5850 @ 900
    Best way to catch me is by PM // AKA Harmavoidance0

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Indeed - I've been invited to CES by many... none willing to pay the airplane fair tho, and no way can I afford it... I'll be sat here in good ole' UK with a cup of tea and feet up in front of the TV.

Royal Administrator
    I wish I could go. Will this happen again next year?!? Or every year?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful
    I wish I could go. Will this happen again next year?!? Or every year?
    CES happens every year.
    Watch 24!

Q6600 G0 w/ Scythe Zipang
    A Data 2x2gb DDR2-800
    Corsair 750w PSU
    8800GTX
    320gb Maxtor HDD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    RocketFish case

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer
    CES isn't exactly airtime during the Super Bowl, relatively speaking sounds like a pretty nice prize. Some people really tend to overestimate the importance of their hobby.

I don't get the cheating accusations either, it's not like Swiftech can't afford to buy/pull down from the shelf the blocks that they assume people will be bringing. No doubt this is a pretty informed prediction of winning.

beefin' it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    I haven't followed the G7's development for months now, but iirc, the G7 is merely an evolutionary step up the Storm ladder, being very similar to the G5, but with twice the jets and cups and some other 'minor' improvements and tweaks. I wouldn't call this optimized for quad cores as it's still a very small patch for cooling when compared with the MCW5000/Apogee and MCW6000 designs.
    nope, the G7 has an enlarged cooling patch as well. It'll probably be the last Storm iteration, though a G8 would be possible with an aerospace industry-grade CNC, anything higher would be virtually impossible due to jet/cup size. Swiftech must have something totally different here.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Count me in

What is the name of the place where the party will be?

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    Getting things together, we should have the RD600 here in time. We will also be showing off the Hipro tech DDR Maximizer.

I have a super cherry chip, sent special from Intel. The highest binned X6800 (one week old) will be used for a world record attempt, I will have the mobo's ready and tested for the attempt.
    Its nice when u can get the best cherry picked cpu's right from Intel :thumbsup:

INTEL inside
    is it an ES, Fugger ?
    retired computer enthusiast

Yes, my chip is an ES chip, QTOI that will be shooting for the moon. Its about to get blanked, but the serial remains. Ill try to post a pic lapped to 2000.

Quite a few people confirmed including a few manufactures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chip.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	54460  
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme