Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R600 not going to make it on time...again?

Xtreme Addict
    this sounds even more like BS than EVERY signle report theinq EVER made

well

ati targets 2 ghz clock speed on an 780m transistor R600 by february? if ati does that they´re wizards

ok then i say K8l is going to cloack at 4ghz with 100 billions of transistors and a power draw of 1200 W PER CORE, sounds about the same as the news by hexus

i still can´t believe it that some people take this seriously
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

The Blue Dolphin
    Plain BS. The R600 will be damn good, and more future proof for DX10 than the rushed G80. ATI has good experience with the R500, which is close to being compatible with DX10. This will prove a huge advantage. In DX9 games the R600 won't be must faster if any at all, but in DX10 games I think it will eventually.

G80 is fast because it's so damn big, not because it's optimized.
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Xtreme Member
    ATI (AMD) would have no chance at all selling a card that needed more exotic cooling than water or air could provide. I can't even picture an engineer telling that to the higher-ups without getting a and then a Sounds like a crap report.

On a side note, are people really that concerned about how much power the card draws? If your PSU can't hack it, slap in one or two of the FSP BoosterX3's. Problem solved.
    That's the biz, sweetheart.

REMO FOR PREZ!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    not again they better get their act together and give me a R600 but the end of jan 07 orelse

I will go 8800GTX

Quote Originally Posted by CBONE
    ATI (AMD) would have no chance at all selling a card that needed more exotic cooling than water or air could provide. I can't even picture an engineer telling that to the higher-ups without getting a and then a Sounds like a crap report.

On a side note, are people really that concerned about how much power the card draws? If your PSU can't hack it, slap in one or two of the FSP BoosterX3's. Problem solved.
    Considering the Booster X3's don't work with the G80, I get the feeling they won't work properly with the R600 either.

Check reports about it on EVGA's forums. The booster's don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    I'm sure that this is just BS. Why? Because if it were true, hardly anyone would buy that card.
    Core i7 4790K // CM Hyper 212+ // Asus Z97-Pro (BIOS v.1304) // GTX 780 DCII
    Corsair XMS3 2x8GB // Intel 335 SSD (240GB) // Corsair HX650W // Lian Li PC-A10

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I still remember the...amazingly close to real specifications that I've seen on the net for G80 some months ago ( especially the ones that we're posted on VRzone ).

As of this hexus "article" :
    1) Delay ? Nope sir, February here we come.
    2) 1GHz core clock being the half of ATi's pl. ? huh nice one!

700-800MHz core clock should be it [ uncomfirmed though ]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The newest Rev is running @ 1GHz - and i dont mean the memory.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz@Scythe Mugen 2 <-> ASRock 970 Extreme4 <-> 8GB DDR3-1333 <-> Sapphire HD7870@1100/1300 <-> Samsung F3 <-> Win8.1 x64 <-> Acer Slim Line S243HL <-> BQT E9-CM 480W

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat
    The newest Rev is running @ 1GHz - and i dont mean the memory.
    any sources?

plz stop posting without having any sources unless we know that you could know it
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

I am Xtreme
    Maybe then you should read the links posted in this thread, bucko. Next time read the thread before YOU type.

And sry, you now look like an A$$hat.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 12-12-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Wow, I can't believe peeps actually believe either of these hexus links. Hey, the bum that comes around my apartment building to dig through trash told me that it's fun to f*** pigs Let's all roll around in some more FUD.

Don't worry generics_user, even though you missed the link, it shouldn't even count, because it's worthless. And you shouldn't be flamed either by other XS members...
    Last edited by phi|os; 12-12-2006 at 02:23 PM.

ASUS P5B-D WiFi
    e6600 @ 3.40GHz
    Corsair DDR2-800 2x1GB
    Sapphire ATI X1900XTX
    Scythe Infinity w/ FCG's mod
    1 74GB WD Raptor HDD
    2 x 250GB Samsung SP2504C HDD
    OCZ 700W GameXtream PSU
    Thermaltake Armor w/ side fan

Soon to be retired.

I am Xtreme
    Then report my post. Little red exclamation point under my avatar.

At least I'm reading what people post, as well as the links. Why comment if you obviously don't really care? Not reading links and posts shows either being in a rush, or simply trying to jump down someones throat and flamebaiting, as his post was, or simply posting to see your own words on-screen. Not much to be proud of there...

Gotta be able to take what ya dish out, after all.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 12-12-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    Then report my post. Little red exclamation point under my avatar.

At least I'm reading what people post, as well as the links. Why comment if you obviously don't really care? Not reading links and posts shows either being in a rush, or simply trying to jump down someones throat and flamebaiting, as his post was, or simply posting to see your own words on-screen. Not much to be proud of there...

Gotta be able to take what ya dish out, after all.
    I agree, that people should be able to take what they dish out, but no there is no reason to be a . Especially when these links are complete FUD. There is no way that any GFX core, under 80nm tech, is gonna run at 1Ghz or higher. Think about unbelievable power requirements compared to last generation, and then not to mention how to handle the heat dispersion of such a chip.

These dumb unfounded reports of ATI trying to reach unbelievable clocks are just stupid propaganda efforts to make ATI look like it won't be able to touch Nvidia's G80, so that people ditch waiting for ATI and go buy a G80. And then the backless rumors of ATI not even getting R600 out buy February, it's all from the same agenda.

ASUS P5B-D WiFi
    e6600 @ 3.40GHz
    Corsair DDR2-800 2x1GB
    Sapphire ATI X1900XTX
    1 74GB WD Raptor HDD
    OCZ 700W GameXtream PSU

Soon to be retired.

I am Xtreme
    Well, seeing as these are the same rumours that have been floating around since "tripleslot R600 cooling", they come from somewhere, and maybe, just maybe, they have more value than you think.

The rest of it...delays...lol...heh. Bet ya TSMC gets mentioned, or there is an issue with "yeilds".

Um, let me re-iterate. G80...90nm..1.35ghz shader domain.

Doesn't seem so far-fetched, now does it?

'nuff said. BTW, final gpu core clockspeeds will be a multiple of 27
    Last edited by cadaveca; 12-12-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Xtreme Member
    That's not the G80's core speed. Are we comparing apples to oranges now? I'm not gonna argue this , cause there is no real facts to argue. I'm gonna go look at pics of Nelly and Bigfoot now, cause at least there are pics of these two imaginary figures. Goodbye.

ASUS P5B-D WiFi
    e6600 @ 3.40GHz
    Corsair DDR2-800 2x1GB
    Sapphire ATI X1900XTX
    1 74GB WD Raptor HDD
    OCZ 700W GameXtream PSU

Soon to be retired.

I am Xtreme
    LoL. ok then. but please show me where hexus even mentioned it being CORE frequency. Oh, that's right...they didn't

We don't know the state of play with the A13 spin but do understand that ATi has got A12 running at a speed of 1GHz.

BTW, Bigfoot is real. Don't you read National Geographic?

Muslim Overclocker
    Tell me exactly, how early did nvidia have g80 samples out before launch?
    As far as I remember, 2 weeks before launch. Even then thats optimistic.

Its like this with that hexus article: this guy told us it uses a lot of power and there are no GPUs available. Thats not much to go on 2 months before the card is released...

If they are still ironing out clockspeeds and heatsink design, thats nothing. PCB is already done and GPU is already done.

My watercooling experience

Water
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons 120mm 1850RPM
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A CPU Block
    Laing DDC 3.2
    XSPC Dual Pump Reservoir
    Primochill Pro LRT Red 1/2"
    Bitspower fittings + water temp sensor

Rig
    E8400 | 4GB HyperX PC8500 | Corsair HX620W | ATI HD4870 512MB

I see what I see, and you see what you see. I can't make you see what I see, but I can tell you what I see is not what you see. Truth is, we see what we want to see, and what we want to see is what those around us see. And what we don't see is... well, conspiracies.

I am Xtreme
    Yes, and now it's up to TSMC...

Xtreme Member
    Maybe then you should read the links posted in this thread, bucko. Next time read the thread before YOU type.

And sry, you now look like an A$$hat.
    W0mbat probably meant something completely different source than Hoaxus. Everyone knows - or at least should know - that there's no real info in Hexus-links.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad
    Tell me exactly, how early did nvidia have g80 samples out before launch?
    As far as I remember, 2 weeks before launch. Even then thats optimistic.

Its like this with that hexus article: this guy told us it uses a lot of power and there are no GPUs available. Thats not much to go on 2 months before the card is released...

If they are still ironing out clockspeeds and heatsink design, thats nothing. PCB is already done and GPU is already done.
    G80 developer cards were out as early as january, but they were only 512mb and only had a 256bit memory bus, with an entirely different pcb.

It's not about how early the sample cards were out, you never truly hear about that unless you work for a company who gets a sample card, it's about how long it takes the card to get in to the "wrong" hands and leak it. I can promise you no software house, like Epic or Crytek, will ever leak pictures unless a janitor or someone doesn't end up with an NDA by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalu
    W0mbat probably meant something completely different source than Hoaxus. Everyone knows - or at least should know - that there's no real info in Hexus-links.

I agree, however they are simply re-iterating old info with a bit of new stuff...A13 silicon is saying lots, if true. I know for a fact that A11 or A1 was what started teh 200w/3-slot beast rumours...as, at the time, that's how it was looking. Alpha. And besides, the same info was in the link, so i fail to see where you are coming from. I tend to read most hardware forums everyday, and only hexus has this info ATM, AFAIK.

A14 was x1800XL. A15 was X1800XT, iff'n you remember.

I am Xtreme
    XS news has thier panties in a bunch today.

Lighten up fellas this is PC hardware not life and death.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    R600 is going great, and ready for a Feb. launch, it was never meant to be launched on January. It will massively kick G80s ass, remember me.

Xtreme Member
    And besides, the same info was in the link, so i fail to see where you are coming from. I tend to read most hardware forums everyday, and only hexus has this info ATM, AFAIK.
    With the other source I meant something less-public info. But I'm only speculating...

I am Xtreme
    That's the thing..this came out from Hexus, and hexus only. Noone else has said 1ghz speeds for R600, except Hexus. That's the FUD. However, silicon rev...now that's a tasty morsel.

Hey Juan. I'm on that boat with ya.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast