Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...+Computer+Case

Antec painted the inside of this black. Why not the 900

Xtreme Member
    i didnt completely take mine apart. i just sanded down the inside. primed it then painted it satin black

i just made sure to mask off what i didnt want to be painted.
    Old setup:
    EVGA 680i -- Intel Q6600 -- XFX 8800 Ultra
    16,543 3dmark06

New setup:
    Maximus Formula -- Q6600 -- 8800 Ultra

GOK1025

yeah looks great painted/whatever they did on the inside

but the outside mirror finish? wouldn`t stay like that in my house with 2 girls under 6! hahaha

be covered in crayon,Chocolate cake and god know what else..

It looks like a to keep clean anywhere?

V D R

Lol Voodoo , yeah same in my house with a 6yr old boy..be covered in boogers.

Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while but my first time posting.

Question : Got the 900 and the Corsair 620HX, I've seen mods with this PS turned so that the fan is on the bottom with a hole cut in the bottom of the case. Is this more efficient ?, im in the process of painting the inside of my case and now Im wondering if i should do the same.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds interesting lol, but why not have the fan shooting air upward? Man when will this 900 case ever go on sale jeeeeeez?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usblades View Post
    Lol Voodoo , yeah same in my house with a 6yr old boy..be covered in boogers.

Hey guys, been reading the forum for a while but my first time posting.

Question : Got the 900 and the Corsair 620HX, I've seen mods with this PS turned so that the fan is on the bottom with a hole cut in the bottom of the case. Is this more efficient ?, im in the process of painting the inside of my case and now Im wondering if i should do the same.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Same dilemma here. It'd probably help as the PSU is sucking down while the air in the case should be blowing up and back. Not to mention that our PSUs would look a lot better with the wording on the right side up and the cables more towards the inside of the case. I'd say go for it.

Xope, yeah was thinking the exact same...the cables are on the "inside" so they look neater going into my newly drilled hole.
    So is the fan blowing out or sucking in ?...haven't tested mine yet as im waiting on my last 2 parts....the chip (Q6600) and the mobo (probably an Abit ip35 Pro)

Xtreme Member
    Haha, I just convinced myself to make the hole. The fan on the PSU sucks the air into it and blows it out the back. I wonder if it'd be better if the fan were reversed so it'd blow out the bottom.

Lol, yeah I made my hole already but now I need to find some bigger feet to give the fan room. Good idea about reversing the fan but i dont think ill mess with it.

So right now my case has 3 holes in the mobo tray and 1 on the bottom for the psu and its half painted black..I'll post pics when it looks better

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't mess with the fan, Heat Rises...

You don't want to heat soak the table that the computer is sitting on.

It will radiate back into the case..

Out the Back and AWAY! FTW...
    ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıl pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ ǝq ʇ,uop

Xtreme Member
    Never thought of that. Thanks!

Hey guys, got a question...

Maybe I have a new version of the 900 but has anyone seen these little plastic inserts in the drive cage before? They do no good cause you cant get a screw inside to screw any hard drives etc. A screw driver wont fit inside em so im not sure what they are for....here is some pics...

And here is my case so far....need to clean up the hole on the bottom and put some rubber channeling around it.

Usblade

If I remember rightly a long screw goes in those 2 holes and into your hard disk.

I think its the ver 1.1 case you have...

V D R
    Last edited by VooDooRoo; 09-15-2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Because I can

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDooRoo View Post
    Usblade

If I remember rightly a long screw goes in those 2 holes and into your hard disk.

I think its the ver 1.1 case you have...

V D R
    You're correct. I have the same plastic things in my HDD cages. Use the long screws to secure your HDD's.

Does the 1.1 version have a flat surface on top?

Hey guys, thanks for the replies but I didn't get any long screws so I just called Newegg and they said there is a batch of 900's sent out without these so they are overnighting em. I think I need to drill a couple more holes in the mobo...im thinking of getting the Abit IP35 Pro and the 6 pin power plug wont reach unless I put another hole in the top left.....we'll see.

Hey Gok1025, the plastic still has the slant but the metal underneath is flat..is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by usblades View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies but I didn't get any long screws so I just called Newegg and they said there is a batch of 900's sent out without these so they are overnighting em. I think I need to drill a couple more holes in the mobo...im thinking of getting the Abit IP35 Pro and the 6 pin power plug wont reach unless I put another hole in the top left.....we'll see.

Hey Gok1025, the plastic still has the slant but the metal underneath is flat..is that what you meant?

yeah I'm pretty slow, I realized that after posting. My bad.

Hey all
    still going to do the inside visible casing that chrome enamel

and i'm now thinking of doing the front mesh fan cover's in it as well

they'll look a bit like the OCZ XTC Mem cooler which i'm gonna be using then

what do you guys think? good idea or bad

it will mean i got a black and chrome thing going on tho - cause my optical drives and floppy/card reader are all black fronted - but i'm thinking it'll be a nice contrast ?

my optical drives and card reader are going to be in the middle of case as you look at it

so it will be
    chrome fan cage at top
    black optical
    black floppy(chrome mesh surround)
    black optical
    chrome fan cage
    Last edited by InfiniteDreamer; 09-16-2007 at 02:08 AM.

Xtreme Member
    i dont suggest you go with chrome enamel... try it on something else and see if you would like the finish... , i suggest you have it chromed (the real thing) instead... i tried that to my dismay, though you might find better luck.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by timber715 View Post
    i dont suggest you go with chrome enamel... try it on something else and see if you would like the finish... , i suggest you have it chromed (the real thing) instead... i tried that to my dismay, though you might find better luck.
    cheers
    I am intending to try it on one of the spare mesh fronts first to see how it looks
    before i go the whole hog.

Do you think chrome enamel on inside of the case will cause any heat issues ? reflection wise ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteDreamer View Post
    I am intending to try it on one of the spare mesh fronts first to see how it looks

Do you think chrome enamel on inside of the case will cause any heat issues ? reflection wise ?
    No not at all.

Here is another one of my 900 mods...

Modded the chassis for cable management and painted the plast parts and replaced the front panel with 1/2 acrylic I routted and polished to accept a tray type DVD and SunBeam Rheobus

I have a blue and a red one waiting in the shop for my attentions.

BTW I have the TT Toughpower flipped in this case and suck air from below--works great.

As pointed out heat rises--so why have conflicting airflow in the case--I want ALL the air flowing up and out.

I use the fat C molding from Petras--its pretty nice--and grommets from McMaster-Carr
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteDreamer View Post

were on power coat (much thicker) and it seems ok. that shouldn't cause you heat problems... provided its dry when you run it... LOL. just kidding.
    i suggest you try your paint on a flat surface to see the finish before you pursue... anyway its your case. goodluck

cheers for all suggestions

another thought crossed my mind - if i enamel the standard antec 900 fan blades - will it affect its performance/air flow ?

Xtreme Member
    probably would decrease RPM due to increased weight

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by psik0.k1m View Post
    That looks really nice...

Another question.. if im using 1HD, how would you suggest setting up the front fans ? it seems some people put them at the bottom, others at the top... i plan on running 2 dvd drives, so im kinda wondering what's everyone reasoning for where they place them !

TY
    I guess it partially depends on what you are installing in the case, eg. how many hard drives, disc drives, etc. The neat thing about the Antec 900 is that you can mount the front fans anywhere all the way up from the very bottom to the top. Or if you don't use an optical drive like one of the forum contributors here, you can stuff three 120mm fans in there, leaving no empty slots for anything
    I only use one hd as I have no need for any kind of raid setup or tons of storage space. So I like to remove the hd cages from any case I use and I just bolt the hd to a 3.5 adapter bracket within a free slot of my choosing, usually near the bottom of the case.
    With the 900, I moved the two 120mm fans just under the top slot to provide the airflow where it is needed most, directed at the video card and cpu, memory, etc. as the motherboard is mounted high in the case with the ps at the bottom.
    But that is with only one optical drive, I chose the top slot for ease of use with the case under my desk
    i5 750@3800
    Noctua NH-U12P/120x38mm Panaflow M1
    GSkill 4G DDR3-2000 Ripjaws
    EVGA P55 FTW 200
    EVGA GTX 480/Zalman VF3000F &
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP Edition/Zalman OEM VF3000F SLI@800/2000
    Seasonic M12D 750
    WD Caviar 500
    Coolermaster HAF 932 Black Edition
    W7 64 Pro

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast