Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread: A Positive Look at the Antec Nine Hundred (900) Case

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FilluX View Post
    I know it is a bit messy behind the dvd drive, but it and the sunbeam fan/light controller both need power and i was not able to hide the cables.
    Yeah, I have a Sunbeam fan controller too and along with the IDE cables it's the only other cables I really cant do anything with.

I'd say though, any more cable organization than I have right now would purely be for looks and really unnecessary to waste my time on. As long as I can fit a new 10" video card in there without any cables obstructing it and the fans are not blocked by a huge PSU cable mess I'm happy.
    i7-2600K|Thermalright True Spirit 140
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
    8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz
    eVGA GTX 670
    Corsair Force GT 120GB boot drive
    Corsair HX750
    Corsair 650D chassis
    Win 7 x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deees View Post
    I also cut out the rear fan grill and replaced it with a wire one.
    I've done the same, since my Silverstone CFP51-Bs came with them. The rear exhaust fan feels like it is blowing a lot harder now, with less restriction.

Recommended to every other A900 user that has not done this simple mod yet.

ANTEC NINE HUNDRED
    E6750 @ 3.6
    GA-P35-DS3R
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    4GB (2x2) G.Skill DDR2-1066
    M-AUDIO Revolution 7.1
    Logitech Z-5500
    Corsair HX 520W
    37" Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ85 1080p

Xtreme Member
    I have to say... I have a TRUE mounted parallel like you can see on previous page of thread, and it has never went above 34-36C idle. I dont know if I would get better (dont know if there is better) results doing it in line like some have done. I like to think that cool air comes in from bottom two intake fans and one side fan then "heat rises" and the 2 exhaust fans (1 120mm, 1 200mm pull the air out through the back/top. That's why I have my TRUE pointing up... because heat rises and naturally the larger fan (both exhaust are set to medium) will win with the pulling of air. I believe that was the true intention of the design of this case... is to pull all the hot air out through the top.

Like I said I have the TRUE (take a look on previous page) and temps are sitting right at 34 as I speak... and both GPU's with after market coolers are sitting at 42... You really cant ask for more when it comes to air cooling. Antec did something special here and so did Thermalright. My Zalman coolers are nice but not worth 50 a piece.... for 50 I would have expected thermalright temps.

Thanks for reading my rant!
    EVGA 780i--E8400 @4.05Ghz--TRUE--EVGA GTX760 4GB--4X2GB PC6400 REAPER 4-4-4-15-2T @800mhz--150 RaptorX--PCPC 750 silencer--Antec 900

Quote Originally Posted by deees View Post
    I also cut out the rear fan grill and replaced it with a wire one.
    Wire one? Could you post a picture?

Or is a wire one the picture that =>Will<= posted?

Thanx
    Last edited by FilluX; 04-01-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    Evga 750i SLI FTW
    q6600 @ 3,6 ghz + ultra 120 extreme
    8800 gts 512 mb @ 800/2000/1000
    G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-1066 PC2-8500
    Thermaltake toughpower 750w
    Antec 900

Quote Originally Posted by Hughyhunter View Post
    @ Fillux and meteor. Both look really good.

Fillux why not mount TRUE parallel? FAn blowing hot air up... after all heat rises. Like this: [IMG][/IMG]

The heatpipes in the CPU Cooler work better when aimed towards the back of the PC as the flow of fluid in the heat-pipe system will work more effeciently (clear path for fluid to run up when hot, and flow down when cool) compared to the parallel that you mentioned when all of the heat pipes are at the same flat level.

I tried it once and my temps were a tad higher in the parallel option instead of having it point towards the back.
    The Do-Over
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula
    CPU: Intel Quad Q9450
    CPU Cooling Swiftech H20-200 Compact
    Mem: Crucial Ballastix Tracer PC2-8000 x2 & PC2-8500 x2 (4GB)
    Video: eVGA 8800GTS x1
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA x2
    Sound: SoundBlaster x-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
    Net: On board
    PSU: OCZ 700W SLI GameXStream
    Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FilluX View Post
    Wire one? Could you post a picture?

Or is a wire one the picture that =>Will<= posted?

Thanx
    Yes.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRecon View Post
    The heatpipes in the CPU Cooler work better when aimed towards the back of the PC as the flow of fluid in the heat-pipe system will work more effeciently (clear path for fluid to run up when hot, and flow down when cool) compared to the parallel that you mentioned when all of the heat pipes are at the same flat level.

I tried it once and my temps were a tad higher in the parallel option instead of having it point towards the back.
    Actually placement would have little effect on the flow of fluid in the heatpipes seeing as the pipes are cylindrical in shape. If anything parallel configuration promotes a flat and even path for the fluid with the cool fluid on the bottom and the hot fluid on top.

While in the perpendicular configuration the cool fluid could get stuck in the lower heatpipes when it curves into the CPU block. But whatever works for you is good, personally I got a ninja so I wouldn't have to mess with these issues.

Also I am willing to bet that the higher temps you got was due to heat from your video card rising up especially if you have a G80 8800 GTS seeing as how hot they ran compared to the G92s.
    when some say "why mod?" i say "why not mod?"

Tagan Black Pearl case
    750w corsair PSU
    CM hyper 212 HSF
    EVGA 750i FTW
    4 GB of DDR2 RAM
    E6750 @ 3.2Ghz
    320 GB HDD
    EVGA GTX 260

Xtreme Member
    I agree fully with the way I have it. For having a 4.05ghz overclock and maintain idle temps at 34C that's pretty spectacular in my opinion. I've read an article on this cooler and the reviewer at 4.0ghz was maintaining 36C so I'm happy where I'm at. It makes sense to me that heat will rise and that the larger fan is where I should be pointing this sucker.
    EVGA 780i--E8400 @4.05Ghz--TRUE--EVGA GTX760 4GB--4X2GB PC6400 REAPER 4-4-4-15-2T @800mhz--150 RaptorX--PCPC 750 silencer--Antec 900

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone seen this yet, offered only here at FrozenCPU?

I would like to make my windowed panel bigger, and I like the size of this lexan/plexi-glass DIY panel, but I cannot justify paying $50 plus shipping for it.

I could always make my own, with lexan from Home Depot. I just need to buy the rubber molding that holds/locks it in place.
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED
    E6750 @ 3.6
    GA-P35-DS3R
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    4GB (2x2) G.Skill DDR2-1066
    M-AUDIO Revolution 7.1
    Logitech Z-5500
    Corsair HX 520W
    37" Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ85 1080p

Xtreme Member
    ^^^ Wow that looks really good... However the price does not!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughyhunter View Post
    ^^^ Wow that looks really good... However the price does not!

I agree completely.

I would love that as I'm not a big fan of the stock window panel design. But for $50??
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
    eVGA GTX 670
    Corsair HX750
    Corsair 650D chassis
    Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Techie View Post
    I'll make a picture with the side panel on today

just a quick question:

Would it be smart to place an 120mm fan at the back of my case? I thought it wasn't, but I just want your opinions guys

Hello, please can you tell me where is possible to get the HDD cage of the nine hundred , and how much cost , thank you

tonschk

is this what your looking for?

can get direct from antec

http://www.antec.com/Detail.bok?no=503

hope this helps

V D R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nine Hundred drive cage_L.jpg 
Views:	3186 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	75952  

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
    Hello, please can you tell me where is possible to get the HDD cage of the nine hundred , and how much cost , thank you
    Excellent "Neat" set-up!
    Ryzen 5 7600-Deepcool GammaxxV2-Gigabyte B650M GAMING X AX-16 GB Corsair DDR5-Gigabyte Eagle 6700XT-Corsair RM650-5x Artic Silver 140mms-Carbide 400R-Acer B246WL-FiiO E10/M40x-Fiio K5 Pro/LP6-M5/BLON-3.

That window would look a lot better if it didn't show the hard drive bays...
    I guess if they were painted black it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by =>WiLL<= View Post

Q6600 G0 [3.6ghz 9x400 1.31v] ~ Thermalright Ultra120E ~ Gigabyte EP45 UD3R ~ 4x1gb Crucial Ballistix Tracers [800mhz 4-4-4-12 2.2v]
    HiS ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB [850/1125] ~ 22" Dell 2209WA eIPS [1680x1050 at 76hz]
    80gb Intel X25m G2 [Windows 7 Pro x64] ~ 2 x Seagate 500gb 7200.12 [Raid-0] ~ WD 1TB Green WD10EARS [Storage] ~ Corsair HX520 in an Antec 900
    E2220 2.4ghz ~ BFG 8800gt w/ Coolink Gfxchilla ~ Asus G31 P5KPL-VM ~ 4GB GSkill PQ DDR2 800 ~ Seagate 500gb 7200.11 [Windows 7 Pro x64] ~ Antec EA430D ~ Antec SLK3700BQE

Howdy all.
    Have just finished an Antec Nine Hundred build, to replace girlfriend's ancient pc.
    I've done the 'usual' mods on it, like RE-reversing the PSU, and extending the 'front-panel' (on/off/reset) wiring by 4", for better cable management.
    (Should have made it 6" though, really ).
    I've also done one or two mods, which I'm hoping may 'shave' off the odd degree here and there, which I'll post on the general Forum. (next few days)

For now, here is the side normally seen:

and here's the side that isn't !

Spec : E4300 CPU
    Asus Commando m/b
    Thermalright Ultra/ Yate-Loon fan
    Crucial Ballistix 5300 RAM 2Gb
    ATi X1950XT VGA (256Mb)
    250Gb Maxtor HDD

Cheers for now
    Fredthered
    Last edited by Fredthered; 10-28-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: additional link

Xtreme Member
    even your "other" side is better organized than any of my cabling
    *gutted*
    }{ my photoBLOG

Canon 5D | Canon 17-40 F4L | Canon 135 F2L | Sigma 70 F2.8 EX Macro | Manfrotto CXPRO4 | Markins Q3 | Lee filters

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredthered View Post
    Howdy all.
    Have just finished an Antec Nine Hundred build, to replace girlfriend's ancient pc.
    I've done the 'usual' mods on it, like RE-reversing the PSU, and extending the 'front-panel' (on/off/reset) wiring by 4", for better cable management.
    I've also done one or two mods, which I'm hoping may 'shave' off the odd degree here and there, which I'll post on the general Forum. (next few days)
    (Sorry, don't know how to post 'thumbnails' yet. Will have to use 'links').

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/000_0006.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/000_0002.jpg

Asus Commando m/b
    ATi X1950XT VGA (256Mb)
    250Gb Maxtor HDD

Cheers for now
    Fredthered
    Great job. May I ask, is that a rubber gromet in the holes you drilled for cable protection? Looks really good. I tried finding something like that at my local Home Depot but was unsuccessful. Where did you get that?
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
    eVGA GTX 670
    Corsair HX750
    Corsair 650D chassis
    Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by =>WiLL<= View Post

I would like to make my windowed panel bigger, and I like the size of this lexan/plexi-glass DIY panel, but I cannot justify paying $50 plus shipping for it.

I could always make my own, with lexan from Home Depot. I just need to buy the rubber molding that holds/locks it in place.
    ooh i want that, but im in UK!!

Xtreme Member
    Howdy all.
    (Sorry, don't know how to post 'thumbnails' yet. Will have to use 'links').

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/000_0006.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...o/000_0002.jpg

Asus Commando m/b
    ATi X1950XT VGA (256Mb)
    250Gb Maxtor HDD

Cheers for now
    Fredthered
    Very nice Fred. Good quality job! That modular PSU sure helps huh?

To post thumbnails click on the button "insert image" it looks like a mountain and is yellow. Then paste the link and your good to go! It might take some experimenting but you'll figure it out.

Nice job though! My other side is a mess due to all the wires from the PSU. I really didnt take much time in mine and I should have slowed down, drilled nicer holes, sanded before painting and all that. But here it is:

[IMG][/IMG]

Fredthered

so you extended the front panel cables? Power on usb etc?

How hard was it? and what sort of cabling did you use?

V D R

Thanks Guys. (You've no idea what that means)

I'm an ex-BT telephone engineer, Janno. So it certainly came in handy with regards to routing the cables etc.

Yes, Meteor/WAR, I've used rubber grommets, wherever possible.
    I thought it would look better than edging strip.
    Like you, I looked round all the hardware stores, and couldn't find any grommets BIG enough. I took a trip down to my local Auto-scrapyard and had a good 'root' around. The guy there, let me have about a dozen various sized and shaped ones, for £1 ! (The circular one, the PSU cables go through, I think came from the boot/trunk of a Toyota !)
    You can 'pinch' the circular ones, a little, to fit an 'oval' hole.

You're spot-on there Hughyhunter, about the modular PSU !
    Originally, I'd planned to fit a Silverstone ST650Z, but there were just too many unused cables to allow a neat job.
    Many thanks for the 'thumbnail' tips, by the way, I'll definately have to have a 'dabble' at it.
    Great paint job ! Very eye catching. You must have the 'touch of a surgeon' to have got all your components reassembled without scratching your paint job !

Hi VooDooRoo.
    I extended the on/off, reset, and HDD wiring by 4 inches, thinking this would be enough. It only JUST fitted ! (Should have made it 6 inches really).
    I managed to get the correct 'gauge' and colour of wiring, from a scrap fluorescent light fitting, on our local tip ! The lengths of wire were inserted at 'staggered' intervals, twisted, soldered, and heatshrink sleeved.
    Have a go yourself on some scrap wire, you'll soon get the hang of it
    I thought, extending the USB/Firewire might be a little TOO ambitious
    (so I'll leave that to the Experts, or till I get a little more confident)

Below is a photo, just prior to fitting the m/b :

As it happened, the front-panel USB cable (routed under m/b), only JUST fitted, but NO way could I get the Firewire cable (upper right to extreme lower right), also under the m/b to reach. (Thanks a lot Antec ! ).
    I suppose I could always mount the (Asus supplied) Firewire port at the side of the PSU, similar to my mounting of the extra USB ports, without having to use up an expansion slot :

Cheers Guys (More power to your modding elbow!)
    Fredthered
    Last edited by Fredthered; 10-28-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Smile

Read this thread and had a go myself , got the dremel out and heres the finished job , nothing fancy just wanted to tidy up all the internal cables.

Xtreme Member
    Yes, Meteor/WAR, I've used rubber grommets, wherever possible.
    I thought it would look better than edging strip.
    Like you, I looked round all the hardware stores, and couldn't find any grommets BIG enough. I took a trip down to my local Auto-scrapyard and had a good 'root' around. The guy there, let me have about a dozen various sized and shaped ones, for £1 ! (The circular one, the PSU cables go through, I think came from the boot/trunk of a Toyota !)
    You can 'pinch' the circular ones, a little, to fit an 'oval' hole.
    It certainly does look better than the rubber stripping some used. I wish I could have found some grommets of the right size. Gave up looking though and just finished the mod with electrical tape around the edges. Doesnt look as good but does the job of protecting the wires. I sanded down the sharp metal pretty good after drilling anyway.
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
    eVGA GTX 670
    Corsair HX750
    Corsair 650D chassis
    Win 7 x64

Xtreme Member
    @ mmorphius... looks great.

I ought to really get some rubber grommets to protect the wires. Electrical tape though doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast