Thread: Would anyone like to help me!

Would anyone like to help me!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=125431

Waaa. Just seems like nobody who frequents that section of the forums seems to have a grasp of the problem. Maybe some of you guys might have seen/heard about it before. I've put a support mail into Gigabyte so see what happens.

Whoever suggest the step/steps to resolve said problem, can request me to run any project they want for a period not less than 2 weeks! I'll even run that See... Shh... Se....

i can't even say it.. that ET project!

Xtreme Addict
    Ripster: would like to help you but man, I dont understand one tenth of what is said . Eeek I am such a nnoob.

Space for Rent

Well, I've applied for a RMA number for the board. I've also posted the problem on a local forum at home here. Should be interesting. But this one has me BAFFLED! Thing is it was working ok, but I don't know what I could have done... fair enough I was running it quite hot 65-70C.. but still!! It should have either broke completely, or still run without a hitch.
    At the moment... I have no option but to run it 330x6 due to TM2 enabled. TM2 disabled, I'm back down to this weird weird what i can only describe as 'non usage'. Its like a E6600 got a ball chopped off.

Ker-Pow !
    Have you tried a nix variant on it all ?
    Any BIOS updates for the board ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Tried the other RAM slots? And removing Easytune - I've not had problems with Easytune but I'm sure I've read of people claiming it sometimes ruins a perfectly good OC. EIST & C1 State disabled in BIOS? I'm not buying Gigabytes any more, I had a 915(failed) & still run a 945 (just) - Asus for me at the moment. Good luck man.

TWB- I have a few copies of CD Ubuntu floating around and the idea struck me to see what that would show. Is there any becnh app on ubuntu I could compare with other #nix benchs? Something like Superpi where I could compare?

Hmmm... Actually i also have a XP PE, on a knoppix disk. Might be bench things on that. I'll investigate this further.

Also Bios is updated to latest official F6 (Although i had been running it on others F8i etc.)

Jimwah- fresh Install of XP... easytune has no effect in that case. Yes tried all ram slots in ALL permutations, (1/2 sticks) no effect.

In terms of Gigabyte, I'll stick with a replacement S3, if it gets me to 450FSB or close. I'd be happy with E6600 @ 425 x 9 24/7 under water.

if I could FORCE it to use x9 when TM2 is enabled that would be great.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I myself have a DS3 and I never had a problem like you are reporting but then again I have disabled every option in the bios that even speaks of thermal throttling. It honestly sounds like something is throttling it somehow unless you were running 1.5+ volts through it on air? I've pushed my little e64 the full 2 volts that the DS3 will give it under phase for some 3d runs and the chip is still kicking it like it is fresh ou tof the box so I doubt you killed yours with voltage. Goodluck with the RMA, wish computer parts didn't suck.

I'm gonna try RMclock later tonight also. Not sure if it supposts C2D. Supports everthing up to C2 Solo. So I'll see what happens. Actually Gomeler, i was able to run it 1.5 on air. And temps were reasonable. ~65C full load.

Well this is interesting. Went home last night and even with TM2 enabled it was using the 9x multi!! All on its lonesome crunching away. Anyways RMClock seems to guarantee that I have FULL control over the various ACPI processor functions. And I have now copper fastened TM2 OFF! E6600 is back in business. Not sure if i should continue with the RMA now as that will take away crunching power for days. And days is just too long. think I'll get a new C2D board and a Pent D and stick the Pent D into this schitty S3 and retire it to the rack. I'm not confident that this thing is capable of >360/370 FSB. I'll try everything on water tonight to push it to the Xtreme limit. Move the E6600 into something better for my main machine if I find S3 is unsuitable.

Guys... google CPUrightmark and download all their programs. They are quite good. A few ram testing programs in there too that would be usefull that I'll try out later.