Thread: help!!!

Xtreme Member

help!!!

hey guys i had dowloaded windows transformation pack 5.5 about over a month ago and i've been having some troubles. first was that every time i would try to look at a wmv from the internet such as thatvideosite.com, or say i wanna open a xbox.com trailer or something it just opens wmv, and like processor usage is always 100%. and no error message comes up either, so i just uninstalled it yesterday, and i still haev the majority of the stuff, such as the screen when first starting your pc, and the themes, and other stuff. another problem i have is that when i uninstalled it it rebuilt icon cache but i canceled out on it, now when i try to open internet explorer it gives me the internet options screen. now when i first uninstalled it, it asked me to put in my windows xp service pack 2 cd so it could restore the original files, but that didn't work because i had the regular xp home edition cd. now im still having these problems can anyone help me?

thanks
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500
    2GB DDR2 667
    120GB 5400 HD
    Intel GMA 950
    XP MCE
    (^Laptop)

Xtreme Addict
    I know this is not the answer you expected, but the cleanest way is to Reinstall your OS - that pack changes a lot of stuff, unless you saved your icons before installing it you'd have to restore that manually, anyway unless you have a back up reinstall Win.
    Last edited by XSAlliN; 12-05-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Xtreme Member
    use system restore to restore to an earlier date that's a day before you installed that pack and everything is gonna be ok with no problems no more
    good luck!
    cpu:quadcore qx6700
    video card:evga 8800gtx
    mobo:asus striker extreme
    ram:2gb dominator pc2 8500c5d
    monitor:24" dell ultrasharp
    psu:620w enermax liberty

YouTube Addict
    click start
    then click run
    type in CMD and hit enter
    then type"Erase /F /Q c:\*.* " and hit enter
    Make sure to type it exactly as put in the quote ("")s.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    thank you guys for your inputs, ill make sur eto try these once i get home, i was thinking about restoring it at first but i was wondering if i restored it would my original windows files come back to the windows folder
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500
    2GB DDR2 667
    120GB 5400 HD
    Intel GMA 950
    XP MCE
    (^Laptop)

Xtreme Member
    well i tried out the command prompt thing and it didn't work, i also tried restoring it to the last possible day, whih didnt do anything either, any other inputs?
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500
    2GB DDR2 667
    120GB 5400 HD
    Intel GMA 950
    XP MCE
    (^Laptop)