Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: The MOST POWERFULL 12V PSU EVER...

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Be sure to keep the ripple down man, otherwise it'll be harder to get world record overclocks
    Not trying be the clever anoing one, But maybe you should look at why Seasonic has so low rippels.
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Member
    just don't electrocute yourself

but seriously, you should start a custom PSU company. no need to massproduce. just handmake them.
    AMD 64 3700+ San Diego
    Geil Ultra 1GB PC3200 RAM
    250+640GB
    Sapphire X850XT PE
    SINGLEC0RE4EVER

¿
    This sounds really cool hipro! I guess when you build it yourself there's no need to mod it for higher rails

waiting some pics and design...wonder my ocz can turn to 1200w after seeing this build LOL

Simply amazing ! I really wish i knew how to do something like this

Good Luck Hipro
    e4300 @ 3.2ghz 1.38v (lapped) | Gigabyte DS3R | 2x1gb of Micron D9 667 @ 712 5-4-4-12-2t @2.1v| Sapphire HD3850 256mb 775/1044 | OCZ StealthXStream 600w

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have a few 2400VA 120 primary 13.8 dual secondary transformers. I will see how your project goes before I attempt to hurt myself.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by prosk8
    or you can send like hamm 8 your supply to me and i do the extreme overclock
    you make me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    pics?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (183x21)
    Gigabyte EX58-DS4 BIOS F5
    3GB PATRIOT PC3-10666 DDR3
    Sapphire Radeon HD4870 512MB BLACK
    2x500GB SEAGATE SATA-II 7200.11
    OCZ GameXstream 750W PSU
    Antec Three Hundred Chassis

Xtreme Member
    Dead camrea, sadly Kingpin should make his pots to balance better :P

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5
    As tittle says....
    George why did you put the same color cables? I dont think is right...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen
    George why did you put the same color cables? I dont think is right...

Those are all 12v lines and grounds, the grounds are marked in black tape.

Thick guage wire with high quality insulation isnt cheap, so easier to buy one big roll of it then several small ones in different colors.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    As for the coloured cables: Once they've been soldered onto PCB there's no difference which colour is which.....The connectors CAN'T be pluged in with wrong dirrection so we are OK....

As for pics, I'll borrow a digicam and start picturing....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    give the pic man

Xtreme Member
    are those pci-e cables? why did you go with 5 instead of 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket
    Erm, its a little weird how a lot of peeps dont have a case for their PC.....essentially thats a cheat because in a case things always run hotter, yet ppl will claim their OC "stable"

Sorry, in my book nothing is valid unless its in a case, and hence, a "normal" environment, by all means go nuts on cooling not a problem, but an open top setup with an OC ppl claim to be stable when in all reality inside a PC it probably won't be? Thats just unacceptable to me.

Slovenian OC Master
    the centered ground is actualy not grounded on graphic cards and though not needed, that is my explanation, I could be wrong very easily
    OC-Lab.si!!

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by zbogorgon
    the centered ground is actualy not grounded on graphic cards and though not needed, that is my explanation, I could be wrong very easily
    I just have used them all....

Quote Originally Posted by Qkjhfhaiguihfma
    are those pci-e cables? why did you go with 5 instead of 6?
    I actually need 4 of them for the VGAs......BUT I always have backups so I made the fifth one for spare in case some of the others gets damaged during a bench or by any other reason.....
    IF I run a bench something happen to one of them, I must be ready to have a spare to plug in istead of fixing it or so....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    I actually need 4 of them for the VGAs......BUT I always have backups so I made the fifth one for spare in case some of the others gets damaged during a bench or by any other reason.....
    IF I run a bench something happen to one of them, I must be ready to have a spare to plug in istead of fixing it or so....
    understood

do you think there would be any benefit in replacing the wires with higher quality (thicker) ones on something like a pc power & cooling unit?
    Erm, its a little weird how a lot of peeps dont have a case for their PC.....essentially thats a cheat because in a case things always run hotter, yet ppl will claim their OC "stable"

Sorry, in my book nothing is valid unless its in a case, and hence, a "normal" environment, by all means go nuts on cooling not a problem, but an open top setup with an OC ppl claim to be stable when in all reality inside a PC it probably won't be? Thats just unacceptable to me.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkjhfhaiguihfma
    understood

do you think there would be any benefit in replacing the wires with higher quality (thicker) ones on something like a pc power & cooling unit?
    You're going to loose your RMA by doing this but as for me who wants everything perfect, yes it worths it....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I just have used them all....

what about 2 vgas on sli + a 3rd doin physics? you need like 7 cables

Xtreme Member
    Why don`t you just contact FSP Corp. and ask them to build a custom Fortron for you...They make the best and most reliable PSUs,you know

Xtreme Member
    That would take the fun out of it.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixt00l
    Why don`t you just contact FSP Corp. and ask them to build a custom Fortron for you...They make the best and most reliable PSUs,you know
    from the sounds of it a psu like hipro is talking about is beyond what fsp does.

IT Engineer in the making
    No manufacturer, and I mean NO manufacturer, in his right mind would produce what hipro5 is working on right now. The reason is: You either wouldn't make money selling it, or you wouldn't even find anyone to pay the price you're asking. hipro is a perfectionist and no manufacturer can produce perfection and still earn enough.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

YouTube Addict
    There is a difference between perfection and Close to it. Close to it will probably make alot of money but perfection is impossible. Kind of like the flaws of electrolytic Capacitors. They will work wonderfully for 2-5 years, after that you have a 50/50 chance of them not actually having ANY capacitance. Why do we use them? Because they are Cheap, effective and no one expects something to last forever.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl
    what about 2 vgas on sli + a 3rd doin physics? you need like 7 cables
    i don't understand your math

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast