Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: The MOST POWERFULL 12V PSU EVER...

hah...man you never stop. If you sell this thing George I would be first in line brother. I am a BELIEVER

Xtreme Member

Question home circuit current limit?

i don't know about you guys but most of my circuit breakers are 15A so isn't the safe limit for home wiring like 1800 continuous watts for a single outlet?
    dedicated pc circuit anyone?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d50man
    i don't know about you guys but most of my circuit breakers are 15A so isn't the safe limit for home wiring like 1800 continuous watts for a single outlet?
    dedicated pc circuit anyone?
    i thought most people do have dedicated pc breakers? i have a 20a breaker just from my pc and pc related things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket
    Erm, its a little weird how a lot of peeps dont have a case for their PC.....essentially thats a cheat because in a case things always run hotter, yet ppl will claim their OC "stable"

Sorry, in my book nothing is valid unless its in a case, and hence, a "normal" environment, by all means go nuts on cooling not a problem, but an open top setup with an OC ppl claim to be stable when in all reality inside a PC it probably won't be? Thats just unacceptable to me.

Xtreme Member
    I am sorry for embarassing myself that way...I do not know much about P$Us...and I have decided to sell my FSP 400W for an OCZ Modstream 520W for my transparent case-lovely UV cables!

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkjhfhaiguihfma
    i thought most people do have dedicated pc breakers? i have a 20a breaker just from my pc and pc related things.
    ummm no, infact I had to spend a large chunk of cash to upgrade the place with Proper voltage lines.(wired up the Cat6 network by hand)
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Qkjhfhaiguihfma

haha no way man. If my pc is drawing more then my wall socket i need to sell my pc, not upgrade my wall.

Xtreme Member
    Over 1kVA toroidal... I smell burned fuses, you better have surge current limiting.

220/230VAC...

Quote Originally Posted by heikis
    will this beast fit in an ATX-size case?
    Yes... to it's own case.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    -George Bernard Shaw

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by EsaT
    Over 1kVA toroidal... I smell burned fuses, you better have surge current limiting.

220/230VAC...

Yes... to it's own case.
    You CAN'T "first charge" a toroid transformer with ONE "click" if you can understand what I mean...... By doing this, it draws EVEN 47A+ peak from the 230VAC line.......You HAVE to "magnitise" it first and then fully power it on.....You MUST have two "clicks" to do so.....
    My English are not that good and I hope that you can understand what I'm saying here......
    In the input you MUST have 2 reles......Firstly when you power on, the first rele switches on and flowing the voltage through a of 10 - 22 Ohms/20W resistor to the toroid......After one to two seconds (with a circuit) the second rele switches on, sort circuiting this resistor and you're ready.....

EDIT: Actualy there will be two toroid tranformes now.....The one I already have in my hands 1500VA and another one for the rest of the valtages which actualy will be about 1000 to 1500VA too....

EDIT No2: Yes that's what the link you gave does....

Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    hah...man you never stop. If you sell this thing George I would be first in line brother. I am a BELIEVER

Thanks Vince but not selling a psu like this......It will be made for me....

P.S. IF you're a good boy, who knows maybe some day you'll get one.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 12-17-2006 at 12:57 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member

lolz

damnit forgot you chaps are not in the US.
    115v/120v 15a is a normal household circuit
    very few~nil houses have dedicated high current circuits for pcs/electronics.
    220/230 would just ask to help newbs burn down the houses.

Xtreme Member
    IM GOOD BOY KNOW WHERE MY PRICE

Xtreme Member
    Huh?
    Rig: Intel Pentium E 2140 | Gigabyte 965P-S3 | G.Skill 2GBNT | Sapphire HD2600 XT | Fsp 350-60Gln
    Ppc: Intel XScale 255Mhz | 64Mb Ram | 64Mb Flashdrive | 320x240 QVga | hp1915 | 1Gb Sandisk Storage Card
    Nas: Intel Pentium 3 477Mhz | Epox | 384 Patriot SDRam | nVidia Geforce tnt2 | Boxter 500W
    Else: Viewsonic VG930m | Microsoft Optical | D-Link 524

I think, therefore I am
    -René Descartes

Sorry for my bad english =D

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    There is a difference between perfection and Close to it. Close to it will probably make alot of money but perfection is impossible. Kind of like the flaws of electrolytic Capacitors. They will work wonderfully for 2-5 years, after that you have a 50/50 chance of them not actually having ANY capacitance. Why do we use them? Because they are Cheap, effective and no one expects something to last forever.
    Obviously Hipro5 does expect it to last forever... Otherwise he wouldn't make it that big

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I have some capacitors 100000uf/75V with product date of 1978....from an American base here in Athens......They STILL work and have 102000uf capacitance.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    100000uf/75V, that has to be huuuge.

Quote Originally Posted by DTU_XaVier
    Obviously Hipro5 does expect it to last forever... Otherwise he wouldn't make it that big
    Well, this is Hipro, I don't think it will last forever.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5
    I have some capacitors 100000uf/75V with product date of 1978....from an American base here in Athens......They STILL work and have 102000uf capacitance.....
    now those are some well made Caps. What type? Gel Cell??
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    now those are some well made Caps. What type? Gel Cell??
    I don't remember.....They are at a 3-30V psu I have in my lab......They were made for the US army and yes they are good quality.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

sleepin is overrated
    subscribed

Wow george you ALWAYS push the boat out cannot wait to see this monster running

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5
    I don't remember.....They are at a 3-30V psu I have in my lab......They were made for the US army and yes they are good quality.....
    please find out and let me know because I could use caps that last a VERY long time like that

Xtreme Member
    damnit forgot you chaps are not in the US.
    115v/120v 15a is a normal household circuit
    very few~nil houses have dedicated high current circuits for pcs/electronics.
    220/230 would just ask to help newbs burn down the houses.
    We use 220/230 voltage and 15 to 20 amp fuses here. No problems with wiring. Ofcourse our houses are made from bricks, not wood :P

Xtreme Enthusiast
    teaser pics... sorry for the bad quality, i only had my cell phone with me!

look at it's size, i bet the transformer alone can't fit in a normal psu case!

1500VA
    if this is your first night in xtremesystems,
    you have to overclock.

The Blue Dolphin
    please find out and let me know because I could use caps that last a VERY long time like that
    There is a good way to revive old caps. Looks for it on the internet, and if you can't find anything I'll explain to you how to do it
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

YouTube Addict
    well I know about Metalized Plastic Film Capacitors, which are "self-healing"
    but I couldn't find anything about reviving old caps

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzz
    Huh?

Prosk8 is becoming famous for his random threads and posts, if you didn't already know. A quick search should give you a few minutes of laughs. lol

Subscribed.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prosk8
    Man I Realy Sure For The My English

And I Fhing This Spam Man
    Yes it is spam, It is not even OT.
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Enthusiast
    what will be the dimension of your psu ?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast