Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Evo

Dragon Evo

Ready to see my big bad Dragon Evo CPU unit that I have been running 5350mhz 01, 5300mhz 03 and 05 with the conroe, and nealy 5ghz 06' with quadcore??

For starters it fits in the palm of my hand and can fit in my pants pocket too lol!
    Approx 3.5inches high (yes 3.5inches ) and a diameter slightly smaller than a pop can:
    This is one of the first times I have ever shown the inside of my cpu units btw..

Pop can for scale rofl:

Mounted on the motherboard barely rising just slightly above the holdown .

My base doing what it does best:
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 01-08-2007 at 10:25 AM.

XIP
    Wow Nice KP

I am Xtreme
    Man that's nice I always wanted people to make tiny pots, the rest just makes it more expensive and it doesn't get used.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    Man that's nice I always wanted people to make tiny pots, the rest just makes it more expensive and it doesn't get used.
    EXACTLY bro. I was blown away the first time I tested it. No need for these really big stupid heavy containers with a good base design. With the cost of copper being what it is.....
    I just take a tall styrocup and cut the bottom out and slide it in to the top of the container. The ln2 never even come close to touching it as the container performs the best when the ln2 is at the very top of the pole, but not covering it. The LN2 control I get with this unit is unreal for it's size.
    With a pressed on aluminum extension (doesn't leak)..works with DI/acetone mix.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 11-26-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Well I suppose it's not the size of the wave, but the motion of the ocean. Will you be selling these?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    EXACTLY bro. I was blown away the first time I tested it. No need for these really big stupid heavy containers with a good base design. With the cost of copper being what it is.....
    I just take a tall styrocup and cut the bottom out and slide it in to the top of the container. The ln2 never even come close to touching it as the container performs the best when the ln2 is at the very top of the pole, but not covering it. The LN2 control I get with this unit is unreal for it's size.
    I bet. That pot is so small compared to many others but I bet it's one of the best out there, especially being able to hold a Core 2 @ 5GHz 3D stable.

Very nice pot Kingpin.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    Yea. I was thinking the same thing. Seeing as the aluminum contracts faster then the copper it would constantly be squeezing the copper.

Aussie God
    Smooth Vince, smooth!

And looks quite fair as far as pricerange goes.. (please tell me if Im wrong, or - hell, not just if Im wrong, PM me the price if you fancy making more and gonna sell some )
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member
    Just had to check this out and here is some thoughts from the times when first solid mousepot was under desing:

MMouse: Dryice sublimates somewhere in -79c. I would add a block to centre, not for extra mass but because its the optimal place for surface area. Close to core. If the Block would connect to walls then it would add cooling power from there too. Bit like Sampsa`s container

But as i remember it was thought to be useless (propably because it is hard to machine).

After solid release:

Jason one way to improve container cost effectiveness would be to make only 10cm lenght of solid "bottom" and rest 15cm from pipe and it would cost less. I think there shouldnt be noticable difference in temps but the material cost would drop in half. Of course then it would be only "half-solid" or something like that.

So you have basically done those improvements now and i gotta say i like the outcome very much. With pressed aluminium pipe it is much more cost effective (not only from the material but from the latheing point too) and also very effective in the sense of cooling. I would make the central pole slightly bit higher though.

I happen to have central pole solid container under work at the moment too but its 80mm big boy and definetly not meant to be mass producted.

ps. that is NOT the first internal pic from inside of your dragonpots as i remember it very clearly.
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good work KP! I cant wait till I get ahold of one of these. Check your PM and get back with me.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    That looks really really good!

I think i`d be interested in one if you decide to do a batch of them
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Cruncher
    really nice!
    E2160 @ 360x9, max 390x9 watercooled
    GA-P35-DS3
    Cellshock D9GMH @ 545mhz cl5-5-5-5-15
    Palit 7300gt 500/1000 @ 780/1600 watercooled

Xtreme Addict
    Seems my chat in another thread may have had merit after all

About filling hte pot with LN2 Vince, how easy is it to control the base temps? Do you normally run it with LN2 in the pot or "dry" with just a dash of LN2 when the temps start to rise again?

Turkey Man
    I still dont understand the benefit of a stepped internal wall, can you explain? I can only guess that it increases the SA

Xtreme Addict
    Wow very nice little pot!
    Wouldn't it be a little harder to control the temps though? Because if there's less LN2 in the pot, you would have to fill it up more often?

And do you intend on making any pots that sort of size for GPUs?
    Last edited by Brettbeck; 11-27-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The base of the pot i am using is tall as yours but i solder a pipe to the top so i dont have to put dry ice all the time. It can hadle the load perfect. The + in the middle is around 2-3cm. Elevens creation again

Link

I am Xtreme
    Wow, that was not what I had in mind when I saw your bad ass conroe results

insane work !
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by ilkkahy
    ps. that is NOT the first internal pic from inside of your dragonpots as i remember it very clearly.
    Yes I remember the discussions ilkkahy. I have another with largest central core I have done, that is up to be tested wednesday as well as another one that is something clompletely new for me. I will post the pics and results, good or bad. This one with the large core will be only 3 inches tall . I am pretty excited for it as I bet you are for your new creation, good luck with it . You know your stuff no doubt about that. I think you were probably one of the only ones that saw that pic too btw , as it was taken down shortly.

@UNSEEN...I really dig that container man! Very cool cylinder version. And just like you said, the temp control is great for the size IMO. This one beats a similar 8 inch version on LN2. I was downright shocked the first time I tested one of these units with LN2.

-150c Club Member
    Hmmmmm not bad kingpin.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

¿
    I guess size doesn't matter, just don't mistake the evo for the coke can

Awsome performance + lower cost, what more could you ask for? Good work KP

Quote Originally Posted by G H Z
    I guess size doesn't matter, just don't mistake the evo for the coke can

Awsome performance + lower cost, what more could you ask for? Good work KP
    Mistakenly bolt the coke can to the mobo G?

Keep in mind that a container like this can deliver the clocks, but requires strong pouring skills as you have to stay on top of things while benching and maintain a certain level of nitrogen in the unit for it to scream. Because of the much smaller size, there is smaller margin for error.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    /w that size, I bet you could have it mass produced. Weight?
    Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    •i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32v - CM Hyper 212 Evo
    •G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GB
    •ASUS 7850 @ 1250//5800
    •Corsair TX650 V2
    •Dell 3007WFP
    •Win 7 64 Ult

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen
    The base of the pot i am using is tall as yours but i solder a pipe to the top so i dont have to put dry ice all the time. It can hadle the load perfect. The + in the middle is around 2-3cm. Elevens creation again

Link

whoa dirty keyboard!
    Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    •i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32v - CM Hyper 212 Evo
    •G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GB
    •ASUS 7850 @ 1250//5800
    •Corsair TX650 V2
    •Dell 3007WFP
    •Win 7 64 Ult

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice container KP
    ..my new solid container will be exactly like this (with 2 steps more), but mine will be 7.8" tall and 3.1" wide.
    It has been on lathe now for couple of months, because he will do it on his own time..so thats why it take so long

But nice to see that my container will be effective
    - Team Skootterit
    - SuperPi32M : 18m53.156s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi8M : 3m55.703s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi1M : 21.484s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)

Xtreme Addict
    lol nice tube

Vince, YGPM

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast