Thread: Forum rules and question about FS tread

Xtreme Enthusiast

Exclamation Forum rules and question about FS tread

I posted tread in For Sale CPU section. I put pictures , put price my name how the people can reach me. Later same Day i received PM from runmc and he ask me to put picture with my name and date and the HW that i am selling. I doesnt pay atention on one ow the words in his PM : handwritten. So i made quick picture with my name and date and xtremesystems.org And post it then i saw that he wants it to be handwritten. I chek up the rules THERE IS NOTHING there that says that its have to be handwritten , and so far i made everything to please him BUT write it in hand. I love the rules. they keep the world to run in the way how we see him. BUT THERE IS NO POINT in the rules where its says that the picture have to be with HANDWRITTEN piece of paper. I told him in PM that i strictly follow the rules and doesnt do more or less what they said next thing that he did is to close my FS tread..

Ok here is how i start the tread i made little gallery every time when i am selling something

http://www.miaworld.net/intel/

i put those pictures in the tread that i start

Then when he asked me for pictures with my name and date on it i shot this one and ADD it to the tread

I dont think he is right. In the rules DOESNT SAYS ANYWHERE THAT the pictures have to be HANDWRITTEN! I respect everything related with XS forum! And i Think i did everything to please him, and i followed the rules.

The rules:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Last edited by BobyTT; 11-26-2006 at 07:40 PM.

Admin
    Just for the records.

I sent you five PMs explaining the pictures rule to you. I think I was more than fair.
    I left your for sale threads alone (posted) that had your username and date handwritten in them. The only thread I took down was the one you refused to handwrite. I am sorry you don't understand the rule. I will discuss it with administration and see if we can make it clearer for you.

thank you..
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well i post picture of the rules show me where its says that have to be HANDWRITTEN? I guess you are new moderator or something like this...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, I have no idea about this particular rule since I haven't sold or bought anything on here. However there are alot of rules that are not posted in datail or alot of details about rules that are not covered. I personally disagree with the lack of finer points covered or detailed rules posted. I could go into more detail but I've already pissed off one moderator who doesn't want to discuss it at all. That being said it is still their forum run by the owner and moderators and we have no choice but to do what they say...
    DistroWatch - find your flavor of Linux
    Petra's Tech Shop - for all your watercooling needs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AzraelDarkangel
    Well, I have no idea about this particular rule since I haven't sold or bought anything on here. However there are alot of rules that are not posted in datail or alot of details about rules that are not covered. I personally disagree with the lack of finer points covered or detailed rules posted. I could go into more detail but I've already pissed off one moderator who doesn't want to discuss it at all. That being said it is still their forum run by the owner and moderators and we have no choice but to do what they say...

thats what i am DOING but as i said i doesnt saw anywhere except his PM that have to be HANDWRITTEN!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    thats what i am DOING but as i said i doesnt saw anywhere except his PM that have to be HANDWRITTEN!
    It's ok, I'm on your side. I agree their should be a rule posted about this if there isn't. All I was saying was that since they run the forum, they can run it however they like if the owner is ok with how they run it. They are the gods of this forum land and can enforce any rule they want. The only power over them is the forum owner so take the issue up with him if you need to. Otherwise we have to obey.

Xtreme Enthusiast

For 4-5 years since i start to red this forum and since i register here. Thats the first time when i feel bad. Thank you runnmc

So can you please put my tread ON again?

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I can see why they want it handwritten. Take this for example:

I think that that rule (has to be handwritten) should be added in the rules though.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thats what i am saying. I doesn't BRAKE the rules. I follow them 100%.
    Fix the rules and if i still doesnt follow them THEN take off my tread.

Admin
    Here is the rule It is posted in every for sale section.
    I agree it doesn't say "Handwritten" It says "written" I did explain to you it ment handwritten in a very polite way. I didn't come down on you. I asked you nicely.
    I explained it to you like this.

If Bob lives in Flordia and has a processor he wants to sell on XS but doesn't have access to for sale forum, he ask his friend in Texas, who does have access to for sale section, to list the processor for him. We don't want anyone who doesn't have actual possesion of a for sale item to list it. It is for buyer protection.
    If you have to handwrite your username on the picture, it is one way we can "try" to make sure the seller is in possesion of the for sale item. Of course you could forge the username, but that is something we can't control.

As I said earlier, we will try to make the rule clearer so there will be less confusion. But there was no confusion that I asked you nicely and I did explain it to you. I don't see why you should have any bad feelings.
    Thank you for updating your picture. I put your thread back up. Good luck with your sales.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    I can see why they want it handwritten. Take this for example:

I think that that rule (has to be handwritten) should be added in the rules though.
    Well, with more complex software and more time you could add a taped piece of paper to the server with a handwritten username. There's almost no limit to photo editing these days, especially with low res photos where you can't anylize finer details.

I am Xtreme
    Come on are you really going to fight about this? What good would a name in digital do? Any retard with no photoshop skills (that includes me!) can put their name in a picture. Putting your name on a picture of something you're selling does absolutely nothing to prove you have it.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Addict
    6) Pictures of your item are required. As an addition to this, when a picture is taken of item for sale, you MUST add in your name/nic and the date into the picture.
    Its a simple request, when you take a pic, handwrite your name and date onto a piece of paper and place it into the picture being taken.
    there you have it
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Ugly
    This lead to the unfortunate incident regarding the family dog spilling my beer.. rest in peace Lassie.. rest in peace.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewxcv
    there you have it
    Well that's different.

And let me ask you something , you see how are my pictures right?

how is this pictures better then mine

From that tread http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=124672

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc
    Here is the rule It is posted in every for sale section.
    I agree it doesn't say "Handwritten" It says "written" I did explain to you it ment handwritten in a very polite way. I didn't come down on you. I asked you nicely.
    I explained it to you like this.

If Bob lives in Flordia and has a processor he wants to sell on XS but doesn't have access to for sale forum, he ask his friend in Texas, who does have access to for sale section, to list the processor for him. We don't want anyone who doesn't have actual possesion of a for sale item to list it. It is for buyer protection.
    If you have to handwrite your username on the picture, it is one way we can "try" to make sure the seller is in possesion of the for sale item. Of course you could forge the username, but that is something we can't control.

As I said earlier, we will try to make the rule clearer so there will be less confusion. But there was no confusion that I asked you nicely and I did explain it to you. I don't see why you should have any bad feelings.
    Thank you for updating your picture. I put your thread back up. Good luck with your sales.

Thank you for being so patient and thourough, I know it's a pain sometimes. It's nice to see that most of the moderators are so well tempered when explaining things like this.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyway next time ill know.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    Come on are you really going to fight about this? What good would a name in digital do? Any retard with no photoshop skills (that includes me!) can put their name in a picture. Putting your name on a picture of something you're selling does absolutely nothing to prove you have it.
    Well, you could require everyone to post a photo of themselves or a link to photos in their profile and then when they want to sell something they just post a picture of them (showing their face) and the item they are selling along with a paper with hand written username and date...extremely difficult to fake.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AzraelDarkangel
    Well, you could require everyone to post a photo of themselves or a link to photos in their profile and then when they want to sell something they just post a picture of them (showing their face) and the item they are selling along with a paper with hand written username and date...extremely difficult to fake.
    Then there's the issue of the seller just not sending it

We try to have a simple, yet effective rule system to protect the buyer and seller.....something like that would be too complicated (and I don't want to see everyone's ugly mug ). There's also the more-complicated system of pre-screening all items and randomly assigning an item to ACCOMPANY the for sale item. i.e., asking seller1 to put an open coke can to the right of their product, then seller2 to put a moist Johnson & Johnson baby pacifier in front of their item, then telling seller3 to put a purple 36B bra fastened around theirs.....yeah, it'll ensure the seller has the item, then there's one more issue: the seller actually shipping the item.

We do what we can to not be a bother with sales, but also protect everyone involved.

And BobyTT, that FS item you linked to does push it....but it has everything we need, but is just horribly out of focus and doesnt display the whole item (camera limitation I suspect)....it does appear the markings we can see do match that of the marketting images we've seen of it.
    Last edited by Vapor; 11-26-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well, i think the point is, when a mod asks or tells you to do something, do it, dont argue, just do it, or accept it. especially when it isnt something thats only gonna take 3 minutes for you to do.

most car forums require you to post vins and whatnot, some you even have to have pictures of the vins, just to prove that you actually have the car.

also, the example pictures clearly show what they meant by having your name and whatnot in the picture.
    Last edited by trance565; 11-26-2006 at 09:44 PM.
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 5trance56
    well, i think the point is, when a mod asks or tells you to do something, do it, dont argue, just do it, or accept it. especially when it isnt something thats only gonna take 3 minutes for you to do.

most car forums require you to post vins and whatnot, some you even have to have pictures of the vins, just to prove that you actually have the car.

also, the example pictures clearly show what they meant by having your name and whatnot in the picture.

Really? They can ask me only things that are in the rules. If he ask you for yout naked picture, are you going to send him?
    (well thats up to you)

Case is closed for me , if there is a rule for handwritten label thats it.

And dont get me wrong. but moderators and admins are also humans. They make mistakes like anybody else.

An especially on forums and virtual community like this one , everything is based on rules and respect. Thats that he is in power doesn't mean that he owns the regular members. Thats why there is rules 5trance56 , to protect me and him from mistakes.

So any of the management if he needs naked photos of 5trance56 just ask him , he doesn't gonna arguing

And i argued only because for me this

and this picture

Are the same.

If i am selling someones OTHER CPU. he can send me the firs or the second picture printed or handwritten.

I 100% approved that is necessary to have pictures , name and date... but between printed and handwritten i doesn't see the difference.
    Last edited by BobyTT; 11-26-2006 at 09:58 PM.

The un-extreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BobyTT
    Really? They can ask me only things that are in the rules. If he ask you for yout naked picture, are you going to send him?
    (well thats up to you)

Case is closed for me , if there is a rule for handwritten label thats it.

And dont get me wrong. but moderators and admins are also humans. They make mistakes like anybody else.

An especially on forums and virtual community like this one , everything is based on rules and respect. Thats that he is in power doesn't mean that he owns the regular members. Thats why there is rules 5trance56 , to protect me and him from mistakes.

So any of the management if he needs naked photos of 5trance56 just ask him , he doesn't gonna arguing

And i argued only because for me this

and this picture

Are the same.

If i am selling someones OTHER CPU. he can send me the firs or the second picture printed or handwritten.

I 100% approved that is necessary to have pictures , name and date... but between printed and handwritten i doesn't see the difference.
    it's easier to fake typed stuff. heres' what I did in 5 minutes with your pic (admittedly not good, but meh, i could do better with more time)

The point isn't to make it impossible, but just to make most scammers-to-be want to go elsewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fake.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	53350  

i5 3570K@ 4.8GHz 1.32v, 32GB Gskill 1866, Gigabyte g1 sniper m3
    HD7970@1125/1575 stock voltage
    1TB F1+2*128GB Crucial M4
    Silverstone 450w, no case
    2560*1440@120Hz overclocked catleap
    Steelseries G6v2+5600dpi modded logitech trackball

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK you convinced me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow, talk about blowing what i said out of porportion, of course you dont give a dude a naked pic of yourself. what he asked was within reason, and as cirthix pointed out .... the mod was perfectly reasonable
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    There's no way to authenticate whose handwriting is in the pic anyway. However, the rules are to include paper with your information written on it. Not typed, printed or photoshop'd.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

Admin
    Let it die....I think we all know the rules now.