Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 loops, world 1st!!! I think! The planning, help if you like too

Xtreme Member
    Like I said... Good luck... You're gonna need it
    BTW, where can you find a wb for psu
    Rig: Intel Pentium E 2140 | Gigabyte 965P-S3 | G.Skill 2GBNT | Sapphire HD2600 XT | Fsp 350-60Gln
    Ppc: Intel XScale 255Mhz | 64Mb Ram | 64Mb Flashdrive | 320x240 QVga | hp1915 | 1Gb Sandisk Storage Card
    Nas: Intel Pentium 3 477Mhz | Epox | 384 Patriot SDRam | nVidia Geforce tnt2 | Boxter 500W
    Else: Viewsonic VG930m | Microsoft Optical | D-Link 524

I think, therefore I am
    -René Descartes

Sorry for my bad english =D

Xtreme Mentor
    do it BEFORE you post. once ur done then post your result and no one would say anything but give u a thumbs up. Its not appropriate to tell everyone how rich you are now since your mom died and left you all this money and how you wanna spend it. I think you should go apologize to your mom. With so much money go do something with your life instead of telling everyone u have nothing to do but waste money. I'm sure that's what your mom would have wanted.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzz
    Like I said... Good luck... You're gonna need it
    BTW, where can you find a wb for psu

Thank you (y)

I could make one as has been documented online! There non to buy directly as PSU's are not set like a shipset or cpu.

I'm not using anyhting my mum gave me to do this, i'm using my own funds to do this! I got a house, cars, other things form her deaths which im not uses to owning out right. I've mates that are moving in with me to my mum's place which will pay the utiles costs there. it's my income, my job day to day that will pay for this as it will for everything eles! I haven't said i'm rich just i' able to throw a lot of money at what will be a very fast and cool project.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eXa
    my guess its that this aint going like planned. u have to have 7 pumps in the system, but that aint the hardest. The rads! if u went with anly single 120 and maybe a couple of 80(nb\sb\mosfets) then i still dont think u would pull it of. but with pa120.3 and other pa`s i think its impossible!

But i bend down and kiss your feet if u pull it off!

Btw, how many $$$ will this be in only wc stuff? gotta be some grands!
    Kentsfield and g80 sli anyone?
    I have a rather large case and I could do two PA 120.3's, a 120.2. Even so, I am not fitting 7 pumps inside even my case. He has a smaller case.

I smell a load of BS here.....

I don't think he can pull off 7 pumps and all the other stuff necessary.....think of it, it would be a tubing nightmare!!

He says he wants radical and has money to burn but yet phase isn't a consideration. Hmmmmmm like I said, I smell BS here. . .

If money were no object, then 1st I'd have like four 150gb raptors in RAID 0 them I'd have dual quad core Xeons along with the 8800GTX's in SLI. I'd have a dual head cascade on the Xeons and another on the GPU's.....oh.....but he's not into phase.....I guess he's not *that* extreme...

*steps off his soapbox*

Xtreme Member
    mm... whats "BS"
    Sorry for my bad english
    Rig: Intel Pentium E 2140 | Gigabyte 965P-S3 | G.Skill 2GBNT | Sapphire HD2600 XT | Fsp 350-60Gln
    Ppc: Intel XScale 255Mhz | 64Mb Ram | 64Mb Flashdrive | 320x240 QVga | hp1915 | 1Gb Sandisk Storage Card
    Nas: Intel Pentium 3 477Mhz | Epox | 384 Patriot SDRam | nVidia Geforce tnt2 | Boxter 500W

I think, therefore I am
    -René Descartes

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzz
    mm... whats "BS"
    Sorry for my bad english
    i think that he means "Bull Shi*t"

7 loops that's insanity. go for it dude
    Last edited by Solarfall; 11-19-2006 at 08:18 AM.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Member
    Thanks

I think, therefore I am
    -René Descartes

Banned
    Right this topic can be clossed as what was asked is not being stuck you and the muppet keep twisting my words as they are so thick and boring!

I'll post up the final project but the idea of this was to get adivce etc not for you to and if you ready the ing topic like you were giving half a dn btrain and eyes form problem solved!!!

N00Bs

Xtreme Mentor
    Sounds like your mind is made up, good luck, cant wait to see results

PS:
    Just so you know it as long as electricity consumption is a problem for you, all your pumps and fans will consume as much power as a small ~1/6hp chiller while giving your much warmer temperatures.

Good luck
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    keep twisting my words as they are so thick and boring!

N00Bs
    I`m sorry mods...I cant help it!

Yes Pete...you`re words are indeed thick and boring!

Once again you go in the huff at criticism..I bet the next step is to tell us you wont post pics coz we dont deserve it...I`ve heard that before!

Conroe ES chips
    more Conroe ES chips
    Chillers
    Phase units
    Multi-loop water

You dont learn from your mistakes. Always have some proof as to what you`re doing. Even I wait until my ideas are in motion before I post!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Banned
    its a little going extreme to cram 7loops in a v2000....
    there's just this nagging addiction...

Banned
    Geez people, lets not crap all over the guy, yet.

Pete post some pics and a worklog as you start working, so you can get some constructive criticism, advice, etc.

Xtreme Addict
    I hate it when everyone is like " ZOMG IF IT ISN'T EXTREME IT ISN'T WORTH IT 1111oneone". It's not your system, it's his.

If he doesn't want phase, he doesn't want it. What is the problem? I don't know how having 7 loops isn't extreme.
    Last edited by Shift; 11-18-2006 at 05:51 PM.
    Watch 24!

Q6600 G0 w/ Scythe Zipang
    A Data 2x2gb DDR2-800
    Corsair 750w PSU
    8800GTX
    320gb Maxtor HDD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    RocketFish case

Xtreme Mentor
    Lol 7 loops? Dream on!
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift
    I hate it when everyone is like " ZOMG IF IT ISN'T EXTREME IT ISN'T WORTH IT 1111oneone". It's not your system, it's his.

If he doesn't want phase, he doesn't want it. What is the problem? I don't know how having 7 loops isn't extreme.
    While I think the OP should do what he wants and I respect his choise, I cant resist commenting on your comment.

Cooling your hardware with 7 loops and 7 pumps while using as much electricity as an alternate solution and ending up with much higher temperatures is not extreem, its an extreem lapse in judgement (assuming cooling is your actual goal). Extreme unfortunately doesn not mean smart and its looks stupid when thats used as a justification for unintelligent behavoir, something very common in america ie: "who cares that we die if we eat rat posion WE ARE EXTREEEEEM!!!!!!" right...

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer
    The lower Flow rate is giving the water more time to cool through the rad before it goes back to the CPU.
    Its ballanced out somewhat by the fact that the faster the hot water can get out of the block the faster cold water can come in and absorb more heat.
    Last edited by epion2985; 11-18-2006 at 06:35 PM.
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985

Cooling your hardware with 7 loops and 7 pumps while using as much electricity as an alternate solution and ending up with much higher temperatures is not extreem, its an extreem lapse in judgement (assuming cooling is your actual goal). Extreme unfortunately doesn not mean smart and its looks stupid when thats used as a justification for unintelligent behavoir, something very common in america ie: "who cares that we die if we eat rat posion WE ARE EXTREEEEEM!!!!!!" right...

Who said everything you do extreme has to be smart? There are people on the forums that have done plenty of crazy just for the hell of it. There is a guy on the forum who overclocked his celly I believe to 5.5GHZ and it died on him. He lost a processor that he spent money on, was that smart?

Everyone here is saying O if you don't phase you're not extreme. No one has done 7 loops, so I consider it extreme and a bit ridiculous yeah, but that is what I consider extreme. Not everything you do extreme has to be smart, but I guess the OP is trying to have fun with his WC setup, so whatever.
    Last edited by Shift; 11-18-2006 at 06:58 PM.
    Watch 24!

Q6600 G0 w/ Scythe Zipang
    A Data 2x2gb DDR2-800
    Corsair 750w PSU
    8800GTX
    320gb Maxtor HDD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    RocketFish case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I could see 7 loops happening, but not with those rads and not with 1/2".
    Current 24/7 settings
    Delidded L628B e6400@ 3.6ghz 1.38v
    3.9ghz 1.56v dual prime, 4ghz dual 32m pi stable on water and P5B Deluxe
    Patriot 667 LLK @ 970 mhz 4-4-4-4 2.3v
    x1900xt 690/780

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever
    What I have learned from my time water cooling is that sometimes the wanting is better than the having.

When my system is running smoothly it gets very boring and I want to rip it apart and redo something because the doing for me is better than the having. He sounds bored with phase and it appears that the challenge of getting all that stuff inside such a small space is part of the madness. Because yes my friends we are all mad or we wouldn't spend so many hours on our systems just for the thrill of having something to change.
    I completely know this feeling. Working like crazy building my custom wood case was very enjoyable to me. Now I kind of have let down as I want to tear into something else.

In order to have 7 truly separate loops, you would need 7 separate rads or the water is just going to mix from one loop to another, in which case they aren't separate loops. I see no possible way to fit this in any case I have seen except maybe a U2 case, and even that would be pushing it.

Xtreme Member
    *Shakes head and wags finger at most of the replies to this post*

Can't you guys sense this man's true motivation? It's not about money value, or system performance, or even load temps! It's about having fun with a hobby he loves! Stop discouraging him and help him make his 7 loops! Anything else is just plain flaming and it is really disgraceful to see members who obviously have so much experience and good reputation in this forum doing.

Things I have to say/ask:

-I really don't think you're going to fit seven completely SEPERATE loops into one consumer-grade case, assuming it's actually cooling something, and it's neat like you said you wanted it to be. Tubing would be EVERYWHERE, even IF all the components fit and bled properly. Maybe you should make your own case, or consider going for an open-air system.

My guess is that your best bet is externally mounting as many components as you can to save space.

-Please don't use 120.3's on single components. That's just rediculous. A 120.2 is plenty for CPU and GPU, and 120.1's are plenty for everything else. This will save you space, money, and keep people from flaming you as much. Also, I doubt it will help your temps very much, if at all. There IS such thing as having too much rad.

Xtreme Cruncher
    LOL lmfao good luck anyways. rich bastards who like to show off (not impersonating). geewhiz.
    jc

Xtreme Member
    If you ditched the front bay temp displays for 120mm fans/bays you could probably fit three 120.1 rads up front, a couple down by the power supply, one more on the 120mm exhaust on the back panel, and a 120.3 up top. I have no idea where you'd fit 7 pumps and all that tubing though.

Banned
    hmm probably with a harness hanging from top to bottom?
    yah we still need to wait for him though, to move into his new house.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badhabit
    If you ditched the front bay temp displays for 120mm fans/bays you could probably fit three 120.1 rads up front, a couple down by the power supply, one more on the 120mm exhaust on the back panel, and a 120.3 up top. I have no idea where you'd fit 7 pumps and all that tubing though.

Intresting, when i have the case delivered i shall crack on a measure it up!

Thank you to the surportive ones and that really have though befor they posted.

Move 2 weeks this satuday just gone! Once i'm in and sorted a few things i can then crack on with ideals! Still looking at the mobo side of things as this is the heart of the system and will determ what stuff to be used!

Others..meh eat my shiny metal ass!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Actually like the idea, 7 loops in a system would be awsome.
    7 loops in a V2000 is not going to happen however. 7 rads would be a pain to place, even singles would be a struggle. Add onto that 7 pumps and you're really stuck. Case would be full before you even bothered with hardware and tubing!

Could do some "interesting" plumbing though perhaps - have a single 120.3 and single res, with 2 or 3 pumps powering the seperate sections of the loop.
    1/2" shizzle for the CPU/NB+GPU/s, then maybe 10 mm for fets/hdd's or something.

If you manage to shoehorn anywhere near 7 loops in a V2000 I'll be shocked. If you manage to get 2 FULL loops in there with it looking clean and shiny I'll be amazed!
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Xtreme Addict
    This i HAVE to see...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast