Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PCP&C Silencer 750w, is there a better PSU for $200?

Xtreme Addict
    The last post in this thread was over 4 and a half months ago........

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

Xtreme Member
    Perhaps this thread ought to be restarted...the question is still lingering today...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaskuli View Post
    Perhaps this thread ought to be restarted...the question is still lingering today...
    It is?
    Paul Johnson
    [H]ardOCP PSU Editor

Xtreme Addict
    So is this still the best PSU under $200?
    I can get one in Holland for 140 euro.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Since this thread resurrected from the dead, and I read almost the whole thing, a few comments made me shake my head.

However i hear this silencer is built by seasonic, does it lose the PCP&C quality by being such?
    You're kidding, right? The entire Silencer line is made by Seasonic for PCP&C....you do realize PCP&C makes NOTHING, right? All of their power supplies are sourced from other OEM manufacturers. The only thing PCP&C does is custom wiring after the fact of the ps being manufactured.....PCP&C has no power supply manufacturing capacity.

Well i guess what he meant is that one well built 12v rail is better then multiple smaller ones.

A single big well made 12v rail can give power just as clean yet you dont have to worry about overloading a rail. Just look at the PCP&C 1kw SR.
    Well, I guess that may be entirely true....but I always wondered why the first iteration of the PCP&C Turbo Cool 1kw power supply was a three rail power supply and not a single rail? Always wondered why they're so damned adamant that single rail is the only way to go when they themselves produced multiple railed power supplies.

Here's a link to a PCP&C 1kw review....of their 3-rail 1kw Turbo Cool power supply.

Just cruise about halfway down the page.....three +12V rails on their Turbo Cool 1kw power supply. So, if multi-railed ps's were and are so bad, why did they even start the 1kw Turbo Cool ps as a multi-railed unit? Of course, I have heard that PCP&C had some problems getting the voltages the multi-rail 1kw Turbo Cool would really produce to actually match what they advertised.....

Papa: Q6600 @ 3.6GHz @ 1.34V, Asus Maximus Formula, 4 x 2GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000, Asus HD4870, Antec Sig. 850, Lian-Li/RF case....WC'd via D-Tek FuZion w/quad nozzle, EK S-Max on NB, Laing DDC2 w/XSPC top, 2 x Feser 240's & one TC 120.1 rads.

Momma: Xeon 3210 @ 2.8GHz, Gigabyte P965-DS3, 4 x 1GB Ballistix DDR2-800, Asus HD3870 TOP, Enhance ENP5150-GH, Lian-Li/RF case, HK Champagne 2.1, Xigmatek HDT cooler

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234