Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys! Looks like we got a battle brewing!

Ker-Pow !
    Right been on Free-dc they have spotted us

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...125#post108125

Seems that there are some tweaks to try I cant do them as I cant maxout my pipe due to others using it and Im on 2003 for my main client.

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools
    Under Tools->Crawler:

After you've done that then I would set your max async workers to 125 (for using 6mbps, if you wish to go higher then do 200 for up to about 8.5mbps usage). Set max open buckets to 65. Set delay before crawling to 1. Set pre-cached buckets to 25. Use fixed upload chunk of 64kb. Use persistent connection. No delays between upload chunks. Wait between barrel uploads 2 seconds. Stop if uploads greater than 200.

Now, to get MJ-12 to work well with other DC projects but not really ever utilize more than 3-5% of CPU cycles I have the following for you...

Under Tools->Misc:

CPU Priorities: Set all to Below Normal except Upload thread which should be set to Normal priority. Normally for DC projects this kind of process affinity would be a very bad thing but this project focuses more on bandwidth instead of CPU usage. Giving it these priorities will allow it to "get a word in edgewise" when trying to act properly. You should see very minimal impact on your main DC project. Also check the box that says "Clear log file on start".

Under Tools->Archiving:

Check the "Run archiving in a seperate process space". Process priority "below normal". Archiving delay 3. LZMA compression enabled. Word size 24 bytes. Dictionary size 4mb. DO NOT enable external archiver.

Archiving for me using OGR-25 takes about 2mins per bucket. With no other program running it takes like 45 seconds but this is acceptable wait time to allow another DC project to take precedence, once again with very little impact.

Once you've done all this then click OK and then just File->Restart so that way all the changes you've made will take effect.

Edi: From what I remember Haltech saying winrar is the best bet for archiving, thats what Im using.

Lets ramp it up ppl !!!
    Last edited by [XC]thewildblue; 11-17-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Admin
    Oh my is that a tweak if there ever were one.....OH MY

GREAT find m8

That said, I still have ~300 buckets to upload
    Last edited by Vapor; 11-17-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Today Team Urls
    XtremeSystems 33,658,547
    Free-DC 25,653,059
    Team Norway 10,632,701
    Knights Who Say Ni! 4,273,767
    Ars Technica 3,676,734
    French ants 3,137,344
    overclockers.com 2,199,787
    To much bandwidth 2,150,000
    Crunchers Inc 1,669,727
    AMD Users 1,399,780

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    Dave Diablo Decided to join its former family members

Space for Rent

Admin
    I thought I saw a Puerto Rican flag!

Admin

Xtreme Cruncher
    woah hey thats crazy.. the WesM63 #2 keeps giving me a connection error.. but it looks like its doing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, its been a while since i checked it. Working fine now
    Last edited by WesM63; 11-17-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Hey Vapor et al:
    Congrats Guys on a great day and lets do this again tomorrow and better!
    How about shooting for 50 million in a day? We now know the tweaks, had a few hours to iron out the bugs and I'm hoping they won't run out of urls again!

Now to my guys, Hey Big Mc: Lets show these guys what 3 lines can do against their college lines and big group.
    That goes for you too Mr. Anonymous.. Keep that line cranking!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Admin
    Considering how many results got buffered from the network issues, 50Mil may not be out of reach for tomorrow.....wouldn't be legit though

I'm working on screening some results for the best domains....but it definitely seems that choosing only one or selecting any com/org/net ones do slow me down a lot, which makes testing really hard.

Xtreme Member
    Seems I've been missing out on some of the fun while sleeping, will have to stop doing that

That Machine is getting out of controle, 10 nodes they are multiplying like

Doesn't matter though, will only make it hurt more when we mangle them
    Running @ AMD 64 X2 4200+ & AMD 64 3400+

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Intosh
    Seems I've been missing out on some of the fun while sleeping, will have to stop doing that

That Machine is getting out of controle, 10 nodes they are multiplying like

Doesn't matter though, will only make it hurt more when we mangle them
    Ahh, I like that spirit! I knew I was right in teaming up with a Scot!
    Now check those machines and have them at 100% for tomorrow(today) so we can show these college upstarts( and their older comrades) what we can do! Time to give them a that they will remember!

(Watch out for Jose though, he might enjoy it!)
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Admin
    If I can get my uploads to catch up....that'd be nice. I have more than 2Mil buffered, waiting to be uploaded

That network outage today is really not being friendly to me

Anyway, this stuff is fun indeed....feels like the good ol' days of D2OL

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    Ahh, I like that spirit! I knew I was right in teaming up with a Scot!
    Now check those machines and have them at 100% for tomorrow(today) so we can show these college upstarts( and their older comrades) what we can do! Time to give them a that they will remember!

(Watch out for Jose though, he might enjoy it!)

Just checked the manglers.... read about the TCPIP patch long time ago. Had one machine patched, but the main machine I forgot

So both manglers patched, sweet talked to, and just yesterday they were touched by a half naked 23 year old female... now I KNOW we're the only team who can say that about some of their machines

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Just checked the manglers.... read about the TCPIP patch long time ago. Had one machine patched, but the main machine I forgot

So both manglers patched, sweet talked to, and just yesterday they were touched by a half naked 23 year old female... now I KNOW we're the only team who can say that about some of their machines
    I'll GIVE you a machine if she'll come over here for the evening and touch 'mine"

Admin
    23's too old for me....

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor
    23's too old for me....
    I have a daughter that will be 30 next July..She missed being a 7/7/77 baby by 20 mins..
    So yea, 23 is a little young for me..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    I'll GIVE you a machine if she'll come over here for the evening and touch 'mine"

Could present a problem, first I'll have to explain to here that I broke my phone and internet, so I couldn't phone or text or email/IM here as I promised...

I'm a bad little mangler

Xtreme Cruncher
    23 is ok with me
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Could present a problem, first I'll have to explain to here that I broke my phone and internet, so I couldn't phone or text or email/IM here as I promised...

I'm a bad little mangler
    It's ok. I mean 23..JEESH! That's too young. I was 31 the year she was born!
    Her parents are probably younger than I am!

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by WesM63
    23 is ok with me
    But is it okay with the girl in your avatar?

And if it is
    Last edited by Vapor; 11-17-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor
    But is it okay with the girl in your avatar?

And if it is

No She would castrate me.. Actually i like them a little younger. 18.. just barley legal
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Da Goose
    You guys slay me...23, no 18....geeeesh...
    Read ur tweaks and such...I am ready for playing tomorrow am, my Dimes war ends at midnight tonight, whilst I'm sleeping a Dreaming of a very YOUNG 40 Yr old woman...Pls don't call me and Movieman old, we have great wisdom...Besides, us 'baby boomers' out number you...and we survived the 60's where eat lead paint chips was the fad...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

It is
    Why is it the moment a girl in one way or another, enters a thread, all you neerds go bananas.... i'm afraid this thread never will get back on topic...i'm waiting for the first nude picture....

Words from a desperate middleage father.....
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch
    Why is it the moment a girl in one way or another, enters a thread, all you neerds go bananas.... i'm afraid this thread never will get back on topic...i'm waiting for the first nude picture....

Words from a desperate middleage father.....

Ok i'll bring it back on topic, i'm talking my g/f into installing MJ-12 on her computer at home.. that help? (Actually a nude picture of her installing MJ-12 would bring this thread back on topic )
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Admin
    I'm still having upload problems....the client isn't thinking of uploading as an urgent process (isn't retrying after a failed attempt, of which there are many).....and it's getting barrels done and archived faster than it uploads.....each main system has 150+ barrels to upload and climbing.

Uploading process is on HIGH, with all delays at the minimum. Compression is MAXXED out as well, so file size is as small as it can go....ugh.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast