Thread: Differences in container types with DICE and LN2

Xtreme Enthusiast

Differences in container types with DICE and LN2

Im new to the DICE/LN2 scene and Im going to be buying a pot soon and Ive sent some PMs some peoples ways to get an idea on pricing but after browsing here and OCX, Im very undecided on which one Im getting.
    So my question is, Im going to be starting out with DICE so I was wondering is there a certain feature I should look for in pot since Im using DICE instead of LN2 or is thre no difference between all the pots out there?
    Also, is going to Al instead of Cu that big of a deal with DICE?
    After reading over this I sound confusing so if you need clarification, please ask.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, you would need thicker walls while using LN2 (recommended).
    It doesn't mean you can't use the same pot for DI.
    There is a difference between Aluminum and Copper, especially at the cost of making.
    If you have the money, get a Copper one, if not...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I dont think I plan on going to LN2 anytime soon, so do you think I should save some money and go with a pot that has thinner walls?
    Though if I do get a thinner walled one, and end up going to LN2, would I be seeing a big performance difference?

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by filmbot
    I dont think I plan on going to LN2 anytime soon, so do you think I should save some money and go with a pot that has thinner walls?
    Though if I do get a thinner walled one, and end up going to LN2, would I be seeing a big performance difference?
    You can get a pot with thick walls and use it for Dry Ice. Thinner walled might not hold load as well.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok. I think I may go with a 3" Cu Mouse pot. Though Im waiting for K|ngp|ng to send me a message regarding a cheaper Cu pot. I really want a gorillakos pot, I think the shipping might be the breaker.