Thread: Boinc Ver 5.4.9 needing Upgrade

Da Goose

Boinc Ver 5.4.9 needing Upgrade

How to I upgarde this to 5.4.11 without loosing any work?

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was thinking the same thing
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm fairly certain you will not lose any work when updating the client. Just close boinc down fully and run the installer for the new boinc client and it should overwrite the old boinc.exe and a few other files but leave all files containing wu's and settings the same. However if you want to be confident you could wait until just after it has finshed and uploaded it's current wu before updating so no work is lost, but as I said you shouldn't lose work anyway.

Da Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    I'm fairly certain you will not lose any work when updating the client. Just close boinc down fully and run the installer for the new boinc client and it should overwrite the old boinc.exe and a few other files but leave all files containing wu's and settings the same. However if you want to be confident you could wait until just after it has finshed and uploaded it's current wu before updating so no work is lost, but as I said you shouldn't lose work anyway.
    As usual, you were correct...I was crunching 6hr WU's so I was a bit tentative...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    try crunching 3 - 12 month wu's in cpdn