Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Oracle

So while I was recuperating from whatever it is I had, I cleaned up my work space and added a few new toys.

Note the new band saw, the mounted monitor, and the vice.

I really haven't had the umph to work on the case as much as I would have liked, but I did get the PSU mounted. I'm changing the internal layout again, I'll post an updated sketchup file later.

I'm planning on stopping by my favorite hardware store tomorrow to pick up some bolts to mount the radiator, then I plan on remounting the side panels when i get back from class.

Xtreme Guru
    looks like a nice project. pleace sir can we see more pics we love em.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfall
    looks like a nice project. pleace sir can we see more pics we love em.
    I should have a bunch more coming here right quick. I'm hoping to make a major dent this weekend, so I should have a lot to post.

iadstudio
    Nice project. Nice plans, nice design and nice post. I love posts like this!

Sorry if you mentioned this earlier but what are you going to school for?

Got a little more work done tonight.

Started off mounting the air pump. The pump vibrates and makes a good deal of noise if its strapped straight to the case, so I decided to use some rubber gaskets to isolate as much of those vibrations as possible. I'm leaving the paper on for the time being to protect the plexi until I decide how I'm going to finish it.

I also started making the hard drive air intake shroud. I need to clean up the edges, paint it, and add the LED's. I still have to add the mounting tabs and cut the bottom panel as well.

Next up: hard drive rack mounting, hard drive air flow setup, and the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by iadstudio
    Nice project. Nice plans, nice design and nice post. I love posts like this!

Sorry if you mentioned this earlier but what are you going to school for?
    I am as of yet undecided. I was going to go into Industrial Design and Industrial Tech, but that entire department pissed me off something fierce, so right now I'm just sort of treading water until I transfer to a different school.

Yeah for more progress! I got started on the tank. I need to pick up some sandpaper tomorrow so I can finish the paint job and glue on the front panel.

What's this? Another new toy? Why, its a sandblasting chamber!

A little preview of things to come, can you spot what's going on here?

Disregard the massive run, it will be sanded out before I install it.

Got the hard drive rack mounted. Still to come: lighting, plexi cleanup, some more rubber, some sort of additional support for the upper part of the bracket, and maybe some paint.

So I'm thinking about paint colors, and I cant quite decide. All black, black with white pin striping, all white (maybe a pearl white), or white with orange pin striping? The striping would be minimal, just enough to stand out a bit. The first two options would have white and blue lighting, while the last two would have white and orange lighting.

Thoughts?

Xtreme Guru
    i whould defineatly say pearl white, don't see those too often, whould be something different, and i whould allso thing that pearl white paint jop combined with blue lights whould look really wicked.
    here found this when i was trying to get phealan1777 to paint his stacker with pearl white. http://www.dickblick.com/zz014/14/
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

This is truly a work of art : i'm speechless!
    Quote Originally Posted by endscape
    I dont think its quite sticky material, but I'd certainly be honored.
    It's worthy of some glue! it certainly made some peoples bookmarks keep up the good work
    Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by T1Cybernetic
    This is truly a work of art : i'm speechless!

It's worthy of some glue! it certainly made some peoples bookmarks keep up the good work
    Alrighty, you go talk to the mods and try to convince them that this thread deserves a sticky

Quote Originally Posted by QuietIce
    How about black w/orange pin striping ...
    A little too Halloween-y for my taste.

Played around with Sketchup a bit, I'll try more color combos later. Check the last couple images for some more colorful mock ups.

If I go with a white base I'll sand blast the black paint off the res and leave it frosted. Add a pile of orange LED's and ohhhhhh man it should look six kinds of awesome.

Still playing around with color schemes.

-100c Club Member
    Hey really nice project, i really like it.

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by endscape
    Still playing around with color schemes.
    Hey, what about all white (or other preferred colour) and then bolt on some nice clear acrylic panels flush to the outside surfaces? If you really want pin stripes or similar decoration, you could etch/engrave the back sides of the acrylic and then paint these on the inside. This will give a depth to the surface and the designs like the effect of painting the backside of a window or glass panel. It think this would create a great effect which I'd like to play with myself.

Anyway, it is coming along nicely endscape, keep it up.
    Last edited by GAM; 01-17-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAM
    Hey, what about all white (or other preferred colour) and then bolt on some nice clear acrylic panels flush to the outside surfaces? If you really want pin stripes or similar decoration, you could etch/engrave the back sides of the acrylic and then paint these on the inside. This will give a depth to the surface and the designs like the effect of painting the backside of a window or glass panel. It think this would create a great effect which I'd like to play with myself.

Anyway, it is coming along nicely endscape, keep it up.

Hmmmmm...I think that would throw off the cube aspect a bit too much. I might play with it, just to see how it would look on a smaller scale.

*Slides onto stage*

And I return!

*Confetti*

So I'm just going to throw these out and let you guys guess what's going on.

E

*Cue ominous music in the background*

the last theme is the best so far, i absolutely love it! could we see it in black though? that might just be the next color theme for me...

I am Xtreme
    I like the white one very much ,I'm doing a black version and I have to add some stuff becaus it starts to look dull ...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Excellent job there, congrats

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123