Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 277

Thread: List of chips used on DDR2 RAM modules

  1. #51
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    802
    ya lol thats right, damn disleksia

  2. #52
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyons
    for anyone that is interested in value ram the PCS chips arent bad at all, my 1gb x 2 do about (dual windows memtest) 475mhz 4-4-4-12 with 2.4v and i tested up to 550ish with same voltage and 5-5-5-15......24/7 i run them at 400 4-4-4-12 2v they could probably do 3-4-4-12 at same voltage i just never bothered to test, i also never really tested their max, or their optimal settings......
    I have Twinmos twister DDR800 sticks which are based on PCS chips as well. Stably DDR830 1.8V CL4 and more after adding more volts. DDR1000 CL4 2.3V and much more with CL5. Never tried more than 2.3V.
    Last edited by mach82; 11-11-2006 at 12:48 PM.

  3. #53
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    325
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148017
    That stuff should be a pretty good deal considering the price and what IC the list says it has

  4. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    good old Germany
    Posts
    913
    Nice List, very good

    but Mushkins XP2-6400 CL4-4-3-X have D9GMH ICs ...


    EM2-6400 CL5-5-5-12


    AENEON

    XP2-6400 CL4-4-3-10


    D9GMH

    XP2-8000 REDLINE CL4-5-4-11


    D9GMH

  5. #55
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    374

  6. #56
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    802
    man can you put up somwhere pictures of the various chips, that would be awsome

    it would help alot when indentifying relabeled ics

    something like this used to be for ddr
    http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/TENJIKAN-DDR.htm

  7. #57
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyons

    man can you put up somwhere pictures of the various chips, that would be awsome

    it would help alot when indentifying relabeled ics

    something like this used to be for ddr
    http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/TENJIKAN-DDR.htm
    I'll see what I can do. Got a busy week coming up, but I'll let you all know in this thread.

  8. #58
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,697
    Corsair CM2X512-5400C4 v4.4 (LOT 0615117-2) is Elpida 6E.

  9. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    43
    anyone knows which brand are these chips? someone told me they were micron.


    S08443
    0546 S01
    06408TEBGWL37
    05400WP3A

    thanks

  10. #60
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    802
    they look like elpida to me

  11. #61
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by chema

    anyone knows which brand are these chips? someone told me they were micron.

    http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2...ingstonef2.jpg

    S08443
    0546 S01
    06408TEBGWL37
    05400WP3A

    thanks
    That is indeed a relabled Elpida IC.

  12. #62
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    PR, USA
    Posts
    677
    Great work roon. Keep that list updated.

    Stilt... keep him updated.
    Intel i7 3770K @4.7GHz (1.224v) | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 8GB Samsung DDR3-1866 | EVGA GTX 780 Classified
    Corsair HX850 | X-Fi Titanium HD | ATCS 840 Black

    Apogee XT | DDC-2 w/ XSPC Top | XSPC RX360

  13. #63
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Makubex_GB

    Great work roon. Keep that list updated.

    Stilt... keep him updated.
    Thanks. I have decided to stop adding Corsair modules because as we all know a huge list already exists on the House of Help Support forums.
    RAM GUY is doing a great job over there so from now on I'll leave Corsair modules to him.

    Merging the thread with my RAM List would make it three times as long and therefore less user-friendly. This is obviously not going to happen.

  14. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by r00n
    That is indeed a relabled Elpida IC.
    but I had another set of kingston with elpida, and they were not relabeled.
    thes ICs are totally square.
    have yo known it by the numbers i wrote??

  15. #65
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    802
    from the small dots in the other two corners

  16. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    43
    ok,, thanks millyons

  17. #67
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    KAPVT MVNDI Rome, Italy
    Posts
    488
    any news about these corsair TWIN2 2048-6400C4 Rev 2.1 cas 4-4-4-12


  18. #68
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    107
    Anyone would know these chips on
    Code:
    Part1 # CM2x512-5400C4
    Revision # XMS5402v7.2
    Lot # 0633070-2
    It's corsair 5400c4 twinx 1gb kit, memory, but a new rev.
    Rev 5.2 is Micron D9DQW, according to
    http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/

    But I have v7.2, I already requested on HouseOfHelp but he doesn't respond.
    http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=44365

    I haven't token of the heatspreaders but on the sides I can see it are 10x10MM chips, any idea since v7.1 is Promos and v5.7 are also Micronchips...

  19. #69
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mansfield TX
    Posts
    1,723
    Quick question to the experts. Whats a better kit? Corsair XMS2 5400UL 1.2 or Corsair XMS2 8000UL1.1? And which IC's are better? Micron D9DQT (BT-3) or Micron D9DQW (BT-37E)? I have 8000UL's but I've found some new 5400UL's.
    Praetor
    Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Corsair 800D
    Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

    The Yamato
    Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Microcool Banchetto 101
    Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) Custom SS by RunMc


  20. #70
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Saint Johns, FL
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    Quick question to the experts. Whats a better kit? Corsair XMS2 5400UL 1.2 or Corsair XMS2 8000UL1.1? And which IC's are better? Micron D9DQT (BT-3) or Micron D9DQW (BT-37E)? I have 8000UL's but I've found some new 5400UL's.
    I'm not an expert but I may be able to somewhat answer that question, or at least share my understanding on them.

    Comparing D9DQT and D9DQW is analogous to comparing DDR1's BH-5 and BH-6 or today's D9DKX and D9DMH, respectively.

    The DQT was binned to higher speeds than the DQW, which was used almost exclusively in DDR2-PC4200 up to PC-5600 rated ram (and capable of 3-2-2-8 timings in models such as the Musking PC4200 and the Patriot PC5300 version, when running PC-4200 speeds). At lower clocks, both D9 fatbodies are capable of the same tight timings, however one has more headroom than the other.

    The DQT, on the other hand, was usually found its way to DDR2-PC5400 and higher speed rated modules and would be considered by most to be the better choice for high clocks with as tight timings as possible. Hitting over DDR1000 speeds with DQT is not uncommon, however, topping DDR1000, while perhaps not impossible, is not nearly as likely with DQW based modules.

    With respect to the question about which Corsair model is better, the 5400ULs or the 8000ULs, that is probably a "luck of the draw" thing, as both have shown to be very good.

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 11-18-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

    http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

    Heat

  21. #71
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mansfield TX
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    I'm not an expert but I may be able to somewhat answer that question, or at least share my understanding on them.

    Comparing D9DQT and D9DQW is analogous to comparing DDR1's BH-5 and BH-6 or today's D9DKX and D9DMH, respectively.

    The DQT was binned to higher speeds than the DQW, which was used almost exclusively in DDR2-PC4200 up to PC-5600 rated ram (and capable of 3-2-2-8 timings in models such as the Musking PC4200 and the Patriot PC5300 version, when running PC-4200 speeds). At lower clocks, both D9 fatbodies are capable of the same tight timings, however one has more headroom than the other.

    The DQT, on the other hand, was usually found its way to DDR2-PC5400 and higher speed rated modules and would be considered by most to be the better choice for high clocks with as tight timings as possible. Hitting over DDR1000 speeds with DQT is not uncommon, however, topping DDR1000, while perhaps not impossible, is not nearly as likely with DQW based modules.

    With respect to the question about which Corsair model is better, the 5400ULs or the 8000ULs, that is probably a "luck of the draw" thing, as both have shown to be very good.

    Hope that helps.
    Thanks alot, I think I'll buy the 5400UL's and see what happens. They are brand new & only $160 for a 1 Gig kit. I've tested my 8000UL's @502mhz 4-3-2-4 2.55v . They had 8 errors on a 12hour pass of memtest #5.
    Praetor
    Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Corsair 800D
    Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

    The Yamato
    Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Microcool Banchetto 101
    Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) Custom SS by RunMc


  22. #72
    Hardware Junkie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    Thanks alot, I think I'll buy the 5400UL's and see what happens. They are brand new & only $160 for a 1 Gig kit. I've tested my 8000UL's @502mhz 4-3-2-4 2.55v . They had 8 errors on a 12hour pass of memtest #5.

    Before you buy them for $160 per gig, go to NEWEGG for $129 per gig... I got 2 kits and there are like 30 left.
    "You'll find happiness once you accept the inevitable or at least you won't be too pissed off" -- Me

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  23. #73
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Saint Johns, FL
    Posts
    955
    One less now.

    I've got a 2x512 set of the 8000ULs and will try to run them together with these 5400s. I wonder if there would be any merit or harm to flashing one of the sets with the SPD of the other (after making a backup, of course) in order to have matching SDP info in the two sets? And if so, which set of timings would be the best choice? I'm guessing the one with the most forgiving timings to improve overall compatibility. I would think that flashing the 5400ULs with the SPD of the 8000ULs would make the most sense.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 11-18-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

    http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

    Heat

  24. #74
    Hardware Junkie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    One less now.

    I've got a 2x512 set of the 8000ULs and will try to run them together with these 5400s. I wonder if there would be any merit or harm to flashing one of the sets with the SPD of the other (after making a backup, of course) in order to have matching SDP info in the two sets? And if so, which set of timings would be the best choice? I'm guessing the one with the most forgiving timings to improve overall compatibility. I would think that flashing the 5400ULs with the SPD of the 8000ULs would make the most sense.
    How can you do that? Do you have a special device or software?
    "You'll find happiness once you accept the inevitable or at least you won't be too pissed off" -- Me

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  25. #75
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mansfield TX
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by nicepun
    How can you do that? Do you have a special device or software?
    Thaiphoon Burner.Its in the download section along with some dumps. @ your own risk of course.
    Praetor
    Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Corsair 800D
    Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

    The Yamato
    Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF Corsair Force F180 SSD Corsair AX1200 PSU Microcool Banchetto 101
    Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) Custom SS by RunMc


Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •