Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamcar

Originally posted by IamAnoobieCheez
    man, why don't ya just get a set of 18" wheels and low profile tyres... Put some Brembo brakes n ventilated discs on there as well.....
    Why?? Its a Concorde!
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Banned
    Originally posted by Soulburner
    Why?? Its a Concorde!
    Addition of Brembo brakes & Discs is a bit too much but at least get the 18" rims and tyres for good look. That looks like 15".. small.

I was just kiddin', dude.

Let's keep the Dream Car topic going.
    Last edited by IamAnoobieCheez; 03-31-2004 at 04:23 PM.

Xtreme Member
    17's they be.

Ker-Pow !
    I have ghostrider DVD he is full of **** on the busa....that thing dont wheelie at 200mph....he has just put a smaller front sprocket on, the speedos read off the gearbox not the front wheel. His gixer thou bits are good, but the busa bits plain suck....lol.

What you got to remember about the busa is that it is very front end heavy so wheelies at that speed are nigh on impossible....maybe with a blower@ high PSI but that didnt have. The busa with blowers will "light" up the rear in top @150mph but the frame suffers from twist so you have to be careful, as it start to pull across the road at full poke.

I have wheelied a blueprinted R1 @ 120mph and believe me you know about so 200mph is not possible on a STANDARD production bike.

Im stuck with a thunderace at the moment but would love a busa.

Xtreme Member
    I used to own a 200HP, turbocharged ZX11.
    It would do mid 9sec 1/4 mile @ 150mph, 200 MPH top speed.
    Riding in the Texas hill country I could crest a hill @ 100, 110, 120 mph and roll on the throttle...instant front wheel pointing at the heavens. With 200 hp the frame still felt good but above around 185~190 the bike started getting twitchy.

I also used to own a 175 hp, turbocharged, 6 cylinder Honda CBX.
    It would scare you to death just trying to ride it. The frame was so weak that if you nailed the throttle you could feel the frame wind up like a spring. I loved the sound of it, I loved the looks of it, I hated the way it rode-handled- and performed.

Way back in the early 80's I tried to order a Koenig something. It was 'only' 40 grand back then, had a mercedes engine and was quite the ride. Alas I ran out of money and never got it.
    wj

Xtreme Member

Yeah, the ole CBX

Man, both the Z11 and the CBX were very nice bikes (wymjym and I used to ride together so I have ridden both).

I remember the CBX most vividly, although the ZX11 was WAAAAAYYYY faster, the CBX got my heart pumping more in the lower three gears....

That CBX had a shoter wheelbase and all that torque power on a big fat rear and that huge/wide/heavy six cylinder below. I made the mistake of rolling it a little too much in second once and when that turbo kicked the front wheel launched like the space shuttle and I damm near landed on my back...what a rush though!!!!

Good times, good times, glad we did not die on any of those rides.....

One of the most fun bikes was that little 350CC (Edit) Yamaha that wymjym had, tons of fun at 0-115MPH, but at 115 you were hangin on for your dear sweet life and wymjym would pull away in the ZX-11 like I was friggin standing still...
    Last edited by zippyc; 04-11-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Zippyc,
    The 250 was actually a 350 Yamaha, Kenny Roberts Special.
    It was bored out and had larger carbs and expansion chambers. It made a very peaky 47HP. It was a hoot!

He's the old 6 banger...too bad you can't see the turbo from these shots. It was hidden behind the huge cylinder.

wj

Xtreme Member

Talking That's TRUELY xtreme...

Thats the one! Blood pressure is rising just looking at it...

Look, it even has a custom paint job, an X for "xtreme" on the tank (Really it says cbX, lol)....

Water cooling WAS added!!!!!! (for the turbo if I remember correctly), and an engine delivering WAYYY more HP than the manufacturers specs...

That bike BELONGS on this forum.... It had the horsepower of a small car if I remember correctly....wonder what HP it would have done if you added dry ice?

Xtreme Member
    Ive got my dream car i think.... But im not sure till i get the rest of the mods done!!

94' Thunderbird Super coupe
    3.8L Supercharged
    Stock
    240Hp
    340FP/T
    current mods
    320Hp Flywheel
    410FP/T

13.08 Quater mile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backpass.jpg 
Views:	1271 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	11135  
    CPU - Intel i7 2700K @ 5.2Ghz (1.38v)
    Cooling - Corsair H100i With 4 X 120MM OEM Corsair Fans
    System Board - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory - G.Skill RipJaws-Z 2X8GB DDR3 2133Mhz @ 9-10-10-28 1T
    SSD1 - 240Gb Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2 - 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD1 - 1TB WD Black
    HDD2 - 2TB WD Green
    DVD - Liteon 22X DVD R/RW
    GPU1 - EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    PSU - 750W XFX XXX Edition
    Case - Silverstone Raven-02 Case
    Monitors - 3X Asus VX238H's and HANNS-G 28"

Xtreme Member
    another picture.. these r b4 the new rims and tires

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	1283 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	11136  
    CPU - Intel i7 2700K @ 5.2Ghz (1.38v)
    Cooling - Corsair H100i With 4 X 120MM OEM Corsair Fans
    System Board - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory - G.Skill RipJaws-Z 2X8GB DDR3 2133Mhz @ 9-10-10-28 1T
    SSD1 - 240Gb Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2 - 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD1 - 1TB WD Black
    HDD2 - 2TB WD Green
    DVD - Liteon 22X DVD R/RW
    GPU1 - EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    PSU - 750W XFX XXX Edition
    Case - Silverstone Raven-02 Case
    Monitors - 3X Asus VX238H's and HANNS-G 28"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Talking of Fords, im quite taken by the new GT40 concept that Ford have released. Looks damn sexeh if you ask me:

G

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, they sure do look sexxy.
    Unlike the new GTO`s.
    Gawd are they ugly or what??
    They don`t even look like a GTO!!
    At least the new beattle looks like a beattle, the new Thunderbird looks like a thunderbird....
    what`s the new GTO??? an Australian based car with a chevy engine....no hood scoop, no hood tach, no Judge wing...no Tri-power....no nothing to make it look like a GTO...it looks like everyother dang car out there....
    No-way-in-hell would I trade my clasic GTO for one (ormore) of the new ones.
    The world`s only triple phase-changer PC in one case.

By the way, that is not a concept but a production car now. It will be about $130-150k USD.

I have the video review of the car by (forgot his name....the Australian guy that reviews all the high end cars).

He always bashes American cars and how they can't handle (which is complete BS ) but he absolutely LOVED the Ford GT. He couldn't get enough of it.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member

Well.... my dream VOLVO!

Here is a pic of the exact model, paint, and undergarmets as the xtreme volvo I just picked up as my new ride tonite. (Dark here, no personal pics yet so i am borrowing one, only other one like it I have seen...

I just could not find the $$$ for the BMW 530, besides this outperforms it unless you opt for the xi beemer.

'04 Limited Sport Edition Volvo S60-R
    AWD
    0-60 in 5.4 Sec (so they claim)
    Good cabin room for five, four door.
    Inline Five Turbo 2.5 Liter
    13" Ventilated Rotors fore and aft with FOUR PISTON BREMBO's, MMMM...
    Six speed manual
    Perelli's on 18"
    Oh, and 300 HP/295 FtLbs of torque. This AIN"T MAMMAS VOLVO!

The coolest thing on this car is it has on the fly adjustable suspension(electronicaly dampened shocks and a computer sampling 500 times per second). Three settings, with Advanced Sport feeling very tight kinda like a nascar, Sport feels like the sport tuned 5 series beemer, and Comfort is a little floatier but good for long trips or clients...just smooth as silk.

I almost got the infiniti G35, until I drove this volvo.

Anyhow I'll post a pic I lifted from another site, but mine looks just like his with same paint and trim('cept mine is faster cause he got the geartronic tranny on his)

PS: In the first page of this thread a dude posted his 70R...same HP in a wagon...awesome!!!!

Name:	s60r fronangles.jpg 
Views:	1109 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	11374  
    Last edited by zippyc; 04-19-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Xtreme Member

And just one more....

That last pic really made the nose look long, here is a side shot...

Name:	s60r side view.jpg 
Views:	1126 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	11375  

Xtreme Member
    How do you like the car so far? My wife is looking at the same car now and would like to hear from someone that actually owns one
    Last edited by Nomjr; 04-29-2004 at 01:13 PM.
    www.heatware.com
    www.trollhunters.com

I use them, do you?

Having old friends is like having a yardstick to measure your progress in life by -Dale

Xtreme Member

Very very nice....

This car is way more car than I expected. ;-)

I've put a couple hundred miles on it, not long trips yet but...

I came from driving a Acura Tl and a TL-S and this Volvo is a FAR nicer car. More solid, better room, better acceleration, better safety. Much better cornering and handling for sure.

I recently drove a 2003 325 beemer for a month and a half, a jag s-series for a month, an Infinity I-35 for a month, a cadillac deville (only a week in that one, hated that car), and lastly the Montero suv for two months. This R car is far better than all those IMHO.

My only misgiving so far is that because this almost as wide as a five series beemer, it has a larger than normal turning radius.

And I personally would have preferred to see a boost meter in the dash for the turbo....but only because I plan to change the ECU programming which should deliver more boost/better fuel mixture and about 50 more HP with no other mods (can you say 0-60 in less than FIVE SECONDS???).

The spedometer and Tach look like this Rolex, blue face with silver/aluminum trim.

http://www.tic-tock.com/php//Display...WATCH_ID=10285

The sport kit is low like a vette, so you have to watch those dipping driveways, but it does fine over normal height speedbumps. Thats not an issue if you opt to go without the sport kit.

Otherwise I have DEFINATELY turned heads everywhere I go, and the manager at the local car stereo shop who races his RX-8 on the weekends about Shixxed when he started looking at the features of this car...evidently the largest car stereo company here in Austin had not seen one yet.

What else can I say, it's Suburau WRX killer in a larger sedan, with sedan insurance rates. (At stock the R won't beat WRX STI, of course)

And getting on the freeway today it smoked an '02 Porsche Carrerra from like 20 to 90 MPH as we both stomped to get on...I was behind and passed him, lol, he definately was tryin' not to get whooped by a Volvo. BET I RUINED HIS DAY! lol

And the on the fly suspension adjustment is VERY USEFUL, reminds me of the old air-leveled saabs, 'cept way better. Nice if your are taking family or cleints out...I'd set to "Comfort" for long HWY trips. I believe volvo equated it to being suspended from the air above ("Skyhook Suspension" they call it), it kind of lightly skips over the smaller to medium bumps.

Othewise I leave it on sport, and if I'm plannin on goin over 80 or while driving aggressive I use Advanced (only good for nicely paved roads IMHO, will beat you to death on bumps.)

It is a very comfortable car, with soft headrests and comfortable seats, dual climate control, his/her remote seat memories, and a very clean cabin layout. Very nice leather too, more and way better than the Beemer. Better rear room ,headroom, and side room than any 3 series beemer.

When we shopped we drove all of the following:

BMW: 330xi. X-3 3.0 Suv, 525 Sedan

Audi: A4 AWD (their fastest one, whatever that was in the A-4)and A6 (could not afford to look at S4)

Volkswagen: Jetta 1.8 Turbo, Biggest Passat, and 6 Cyl Tourag

Infiniti: G35 (got second place in our final choice, very nice car.)

Sis in Law has the 03 Saab s5. Brother has Honda Pilot. His inlaws have the big Lexus 470, and we looked at the 04 lexus 330 SUV late weekend too.

I really have no real regrets and continue to be surprised with the excellent performance, and still have not gotten within 1500 RPM of redline of 7K cause I'm breaking her in slowly....

Three words..."get one soon!" Next year they are adding clear taillights and spray (not wiper) headlight cleaners. I personally don't care for the clear tailight look, so this was the year model for me. And it is still european built, which may change soon since Ford acquired Volvo.

Got mine for $800 above dealer invoice, even on the "Limited Edition" (basically means sport kit.)

(You might want to get her to drive the regular S60 first, then move her up...that's what sold my wife.)

Go drive one! You'll have one of these on your face when you do, I promise.

Drive the infinity too if you like, then get back into the R, which you'll discover is also a G35 killer too...

Oh, and safe, safe, safe. It was rainin here the other day, just started so we had some nice oil slick goin at the intersections. I chose an empty one to slam on the brakes at sixty, deliberately looking for a skid. The car barely locked up, started sliding a little off center, then it gained traction on the appropriate tire and whipped me back into a straight, controlled brake as if by magic.

The active anti-skid technology is simply awesome coupled with the massive brake system.

Incidentally Volvo's supercar was based on the S60R, twin turbos, over 500HP,
    Last edited by zippyc; 04-25-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Porsche 914
    Chevy 350 V8
    Edelbrock Electronic Fuel Injection
    Hooker Headers
    Supertraps
    5-speed ZF gearbox from a pantera.

Top Speed: Over 180MPH
    0-60: less than 3 seconds.

Total cost ( including car ) : $35000
    Last edited by boshi; 04-28-2004 at 04:08 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Well,
    I enjoyed 914/6s when they were new.
    I love sbc engines.
    I like your car....
    Unless you have done something very super to that suspension I certainly would be cleaning my drawers after venturing to 180mph in that thing. They used to get very light in the front end at 110, so more weight in the rear and mucho higher speeds should make for a rather light steering wheel feel at those speeds. What have you done about that?
    0~60 <3.0 is also a nice number, have you done that or is that what your shooting for? I don't know of any licensable cars that can do that without either; huge tires or AWD or electronic controls to limit the wheel spin.
    Is it done or still in the works?
    More photos please.
    wj

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by wymjym
    Well,
    I enjoyed 914/6s when they were new.
    I love sbc engines.
    I like your car....
    Unless you have done something very super to that suspension I certainly would be cleaning my drawers after venturing to 180mph in that thing. They used to get very light in the front end at 110, so more weight in the rear and mucho higher speeds should make for a rather light steering wheel feel at those speeds. What have you done about that?
    0~60 <3.0 is also a nice number, have you done that or is that what your shooting for? I don't know of any licensable cars that can do that without either; huge tires or AWD or electronic controls to limit the wheel spin.
    Is it done or still in the works?
    More photos please.
    wj
    The 0-60 isnt an official number, just one we got from messing around with a stopwatch. I'm pretty sure it's somewhat acurate tho. It should have around 450HP with what it has in it. It goes without saying that it pulls like crazy.

I dont know exact specs of torque and HP, it's just damn fast. I loved the look on one of my freinds faces when he lost to me in his 360 Modena F1-edition.

That is a rather old picture, the current setup is actually with the radiator in the front, and a fuel cell slightly behind it. The suspension and aerodynamics dont really pose too much of a problem at high speeds though.

This car does in fact have quite wide tires. Unless you consider 12" skinny.

Xtreme Member
    Get out your camera and lets see it!

btw here is some interesting info

http://www.ukcar.com/guinness/

I'm sure your car is fast but that sub 3sec thing is sort of like the 3minute mile

I went for a ride in an acquaintences F40 and it was truely breathtaking, also a ruff twin turbo'd 5 speed (515hp) ditto.
    Last but not least a Gembella with a short lived 550 hp engine. All totally awesome, but none capable of the sub 3.

wj

It may be possible with sticky tires and a hard launch.

But, that depends on how much it weighs, and your suspension setup.

What is the total weight of the car?
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Mclaren F1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Soulburner
    It may be possible with sticky tires and a hard launch.

But, that depends on how much it weighs, and your suspension setup.

What is the total weight of the car?
    total weight of the car with weight jackers ( I dont have a scale ) should be around 2200LBS.

Originally posted by boshi
    total weight of the car with weight jackers ( I dont have a scale ) should be around 2200LBS.
    Then I think those numbers should be attainable.

That is a very light car.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast