Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 374445464748 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1178

Thread: Dreamcar

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    There is a few about in Japan - alot of the GTX being converted to the GTR though.

redmegaphone has a few iirc.

It is my ultimate dream car and i will own one before i'm dead - even if it is the GTX
    Ever thought of the Datsun 510 coupe? Not as "legendary" as the Skyline but it is a good alternative for the time being. It is also very customizable with a little modification; engine swaps, tranny swaps, you name it. My dad owns one and I know he's having fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAD View Post
    A 1000awhp GTR for me plz, nothing too fancy
    Not to be a jerk but I really hate the new GTR. It looks so big and heavy. It just seems like a copy of those supercars.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    You guys and your new hi tech cars..
    Now here's something to put a tingle in your dingle. AC Cobra Daytona
    Load this up with a classic 427 Ford side oiler or if you could find one a Ford 427 SOHC motor and you have a brute beyond belief.
    If I were to do one of these I'd do it in this blue but no stripes,etc on the body.
    Not needed, the car speaks for itself just fine without any bling added.
    Damn..I just wetted myself!
    Wow, just a beautiful car. If I'd have a choice of the color, I would do it in plain white. Retro and classic without the hint of a kit car.

Was going around Malibu last month and saw a guy in his 50s driving one of those MkII 289s. If you put a UFO next to it, I'm pretty sure people would still notice the Cobra first.
    The man's son seems to be around my age - 15 or 16. Boy was he proud of his dad.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    GTR big and ugly? No way. ^_^ hehehe.
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

69 boss 429 mustang

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 87dtna View Post
    69 boss 429 mustang

Hemi license plate? WTF...

Whats funny is that car is a full second slower to 60MPH than a 2011 Base V6 Mustang...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post

Whats funny is that car is a full second slower to 60MPH than a 2011 Base V6 Mustang...
    Yeah, but it looks a HELL of a lot better

My dream car is the peel p50 ( best car in the world )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peel-300x276.jpg 
Views:	1547 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	111183  

Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post

the 429 is a semi hemi, that car came out so they could use the 429 in nascar. and lets see what happens when u put a 6 speed in that instead of a 3 speed c6
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member

The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake Nothing Else Compares...

Click Here For The Original article

The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake

What's the most expensive American car ever sold?

The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake made history on January 21, 2007, fetching $5.5 million at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction, a world record price for an American car, auction organizers said.

©2007 Barrett-Jackson
    The rarity of the 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake -- this is the only
    original in existence -- helped drive its auction price up to $5.5 million.

The 800-horsepower sports car was one of just two produced and was used as personal transportation by famed racer and performance-car builder Carroll Shelby himself. The buyer was car collector Ron Pratt of Chandler, Arizona.

Shelby, 84, was present at the annual auction, which is held in Scottsdale, Arizona, and brings together hundreds of collectors who bid millions for rare muscle cars, sports cars, and other vintage vehicles.

"When I built this dual supercharged 427 Cobra in 1966, I wanted it to be the fastest, meanest car on the road," Shelby said on the Barrett-Jackson Web site. "Forty years later, it will still kick the tail of just about anything in the world. It's the fastest street legal Cobra I've ever owned." Shelby pegged the car's 0-60-mph time at just over three seconds.

The Super Snake stood out even among the Cobras Shelby built from 1962-1968. Cobras combined Ford V-8 engines and lightweight British AC Ace bodies to create some of the wildest and most sought-after American cars ever.

To the Cobra's top-line 427-cubic-inch V-8 Shelby added two Paxton superchargers, giving the Super Snake virtually double the horsepower of a production 427 Cobra. The $5.5-million car started life as one of 23 Cobra competition roadsters and was made legal for the street with the addition of mufflers, bumpers, and other necessities.

©2007 Barrett-Jackson
    The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake was a race car
    modified for street use. Its 800-horsepower V-8 links
    to a three-speed automatic transmission.

Shelby actually created two Super Snakes. The other was originally sold to comedian Bill Cosby. Cosby returned the car after just one drive, using the fright-inducing experience as material on his comedy album, "200 M.P.H.," said Harley E. Cluxton, a collector who owned the Super Snake sold at Saturday's auction. Writing on the Barrett-Jackson site, Cluxton said Cosby's Super Snake was later wrecked in a road accident in which its driver was killed.

Cluxton said the sole surviving Super Snake still has many of its original components, including its engine block, exhaust system brake calipers, and oil coolers.

The car "speaks volumes about the genius in Carroll Shelby," Cluxton wrote. "His Cobra is the benchmark that defines the American muscle car. His baby does it all, and without the help of ASR, ESP, ABS, engine management ECUs, carbon fiber, titanium, or the United Nations. How cool is that."

Indeed, the AC/Shelby Cobra is the epitome of high-performance cool. The man responsible for it is pretty cool, too. Texas charm, a promoter's guile, and real talent made Shelby a world-famous race driver by 1959, when he won LeMans for Aston Martin.

A heart condition soon ended his track career, so Shelby turned to his dream of building the world's quickest sports car. The result was a stark terror that ate up the tracks and could bite you on the streets.

The Cobra began in 1961 as Carroll's cleverly brokered marriage between the aging-but-light British A.C. Ace roadster and Ford's lively new 260-cid V-8. A stronger 289 quickly followed, giving race-tuned Cobras up to 380 horsepower and overall 1963 crowns in SCCA A-production and the U.S. Road Racing Championship.

Shelby built 655 small-block Cobras by 1965, when he introduced an even harrier "sport car" (as he termed the breed). Because A.C.'s old transverse-leaf spring suspension was never up to Cobra power, the steel multi-tube frame was widened and strengthened for a modern all-coil setup (still with double wishbones) and for Ford big-block V-8s: either the high-strung racing 427 or the cheaper but equally torquey 428-cid passenger-car unit. The roadster's aluminum body was suitably altered, gaining macho flared fenders stretched over gumball tires.

©2007 Barrett-Jackson
    Carroll Shelby says this of the 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake
    that he created: "I wanted it to be the fastest, meanest car on the road."

With nearly 500 horsepower for just 2,500 pounds, the Cobra 427 was "awesome, spellbinding," said Car and Driver. "Snapping the throttle open at any speed jams the low setback into the small of your back. The car lunges, jostles, and belches thunder from the side pipes just below your ear."

Although the car was surprisingly docile in traffic, Car and Driver, like so many, found it "neither reassuring nor especially comfortable. It rode as if there were cement in the shocks. The steering was indecisive, the handling twitchy and abrupt." Creature comforts? Not here.

Changing times ended this fun in 1968 after only 356 cars, but others soon offered replica 427s ranging in quality from ghastly to grand. A revived A.C. Cars produced its own fine specimen starting in the late 1980s. But Shelby struck back at his imitators by having 43 brand-new "1965" Cobras built from leftover parts in the mid-1990s.

More "snake oil?" Maybe, but the Cobras were also the stuff of living legend and immortal performance. The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake -- and its $5.5 million auction price -- is proof of that.

1966 Shelby Cobra 427
    Super Snake Specifications
    Wheelbase: 90.0 inches
    Weight: 2,550 pounds (approximately)
    Engine: twin-supercharged overhead-valve V-8
    Horsepower: 800
    Transmission: three-speed automatic
    Performance: 0-60 mph, 3.2 seconds (estimated)

CPU: i7 920 Rock Solid @ 4.1 H.T
    MB: ASUS P6X58D Premium USB 3.0 and SATA3 6GB 32nm Support
    MEMORY: G.SKILL DDR3 2000 CL 8-8-8-21
    HD: PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB SSD OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD
    GPU: HD 5850 ATI RADEON ATI CrossFireX 1GB GDDR5
    PSU: Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
    COOLING: CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
    MONITOR: Hanns.G 22"
    DUAL BAY HD DOCK: NexStar NST-D200SU 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0/eSATA
    CASE: CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    ^^ My kind of guy!
    I remember buying that 200MPH+ album back in 1966'ish..
    IF you can find it, get it, a absolute howl..
    "The fire extinguisher had releived itself...and so had I"...
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    I remember listening to that stuff back in the 70's. Halarious stuff.

CPU: i7 920 Rock Solid @ 4.1 H.T
    MB: ASUS P6X58D Premium USB 3.0 and SATA3 6GB 32nm Support
    MEMORY: G.SKILL DDR3 2000 CL 8-8-8-21
    HD: PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB SSD OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD
    GPU: HD 5850 ATI RADEON ATI CrossFireX 1GB GDDR5
    PSU: Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
    COOLING: CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
    MONITOR: Hanns.G 22"
    DUAL BAY HD DOCK: NexStar NST-D200SU 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0/eSATA
    CASE: CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmm... dream car. What can get better than 32mpg highway, has flappy paddles, hatch back, AWD, incredibly comfortable, good looking quality interior without a bunch of cheap plastic and gimmicks, reliable as a steel brick, is not built for a tiny Japanese person, can get from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, and costs less than 30k?

When that car is made, that is the day I will fall in love with a car. I have lots of favorite cars... but nothing I'd really want to spend money on. There's always some deal breaker. Uncomfortable, unreliable, horrible gas mileage, front seat is too small and I can't fit in it or find a comfortable way to sit, unrealistically expensive, ugly, etc. I'm dreading the day when I eventually have to buy a vehicle. I won't be able to make up my damn mind! I'll just be in the car show room banging my head against a wall, totally unable to figure out what I want. Right now I'm perfectly happy with the 2006 Cirrus I have... but it won't last forever. It has just over 50k miles on it, but time has taken its tole on it. Lets just say that while idling, the steering wheel feels like its connected to a moving piston.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yup, a lot of cars look cool but something that i and i'm sure most claustrophobes don't think about is how short the ceilings are (esp. for a 6' tall person) When shopping for a beater there were some i had in mind before picking the Accord but the damn things made me feel trapped. +Sometimes they put the shifter in a jacked up position
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

I am Xtreme
    im dreamin of this
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have good taste man !!

I am Xtreme
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Talking

the all-paid-off kind

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...new FPS: Groundbranch.com/
    Ace's 40mm fan solution...be my buddy

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Anyone spot the Alfa Romeo 4C concept unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show? Sooo dreamy...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

There are just so many gorgeous cars out there to choose as my dream car. But out of all I would prefer to own a 1000hp Nissan skyline.

Xtreme Member
    1000 HorsePower almost better then, Well you know

why is the kr not street legal that kinda defeated the purpose of calling it the kind road, and why is that one not street legal i thought that the only one that was not was the drag car (the one that dose not look like a street one)
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    They say the emissions has not passed as of yet. We all know its an insurance company thing because of the big Motor

Xtreme Cruncher
    The KR should only be a Garage Queen with a price tag of 120k.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

If I had the money? Tesla Roadster, no doubt. Electric cars are facinating to me, I'm just waiting for battery tech to get better/cheaper.

In reality? I plan on getting either a 67-69 Camaro, or a 68-72 Nova in a couple of years as my "toy/project car," probably with a built small block (383 or 400,) although I may just say F it and go big block. My dad has a 71 Chevelle with a bored 454 in it, that thing is a beast The old cars just appeal to me, I like that they are fully mechanical and don't require computers or special tunining or any of that mess, if something needs installing or adjusting it is way easier to do on your own. I was recently talking to a bunch of friends (who are also in IT) who have old carburated bikes, and one of them commented that it was ironic that all of us computer techs were waxing nostalgic about the old mechanical stuff. Another then said "yeah, becuase we know the computers will break and the old stuff will just work!"
    Main Gaming PC- Intel Desktop: "Monolith"
    i7 950 @ stock (working on the OC now) -- Asus P6X58D-E
    6GB G.Skill Pi DDR3 1600, 7-8-7-24 -- Corsair 1000w PSU -- Corsair 700D
    Intel X25-M 120gb SSD, Windows 7 64 Ultimate -- 640gb WD -- EVGA GTX570 SC
    XSPC Rasa, Heatkiller GPU-X3 hole edition, Swiftech MCR320-QP, MCP-350

AMD File Server "CyborgMind": X2 4000+, MVA-VM, 4gb RAM, 6.2TB storage, WHS 2011
    Intel HTPC "Fei": Pentium 4 2.4c @ 3ghz, IC7, 1gb pc3700, 7800GS, Antec Overture II

Xtreme Member
    Dream car - Veyron SS, although the Huawayra (however you spell it) by Pugani is looking to be quite good too :-)

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

It's time to reactivate this thread.

My dreamcar:

porsche-918-spyder7.jpg

A bit more realistic:

Lotus_2_Eleven_003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 374445464748 LastLast