Thread: Project: Fire Opal

Project: Fire Opal

Okay, first read http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=121658 so you understand everything.

Okay, here are some snaps of the hddblock, oww forget the fittings, I will use the coppertubing as fittings to minimize restriction. I know this design is somewhat a flowkiller because all the tight bends, especially the 180 grade bend. So any advice or a totally diffrent concept would be good

Here is a basic idea for the cpublock. Definitely not a killer block. I got access to some cnc machines but they are pretty much limited to making channels, and not very small either, so the concept is based on those machines. I know two outlets is unnecessary but hey it looks good

I will keep editing this post with updates
    Last edited by !Xabbu; 11-03-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    looks great...just be careful with all the tubing...and use coolsleeves it will help with tight bends...
    750W Thermaltake Modular PSU
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8
    Core i7 920 @ 20 X 200 1.325V
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    768 MB EVGA 8800GTX
    1 X 36GB WD Raptor
    2 X 150GB WD RAPTORS
    1 X SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB
    1 X Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB
    16 X NEC DVD Burner
    7 120mm Yate Loon LED Intake Fan
    4 120MM Yate Loon Exhaust Fan
    28" HANNSPREE Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

1 X PA120.3
    1 X PA120.2
    2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Banned
    if that still in a sketchpad you might want to consider moving the HDs beside the optical drive/s, then raising that PSU higher to have more clearance for mounting cpu block. i wonder if a 120.3 type radiator would fit there in front...

(and probably the usual comment of no condenser style radiator for watercooling...)

Thank you Grinch

@ septim: Hmm, I dont think I need to do that. I figured that some of my dimensions is a bit off, so I think I can make about 4-5 cm more room above the CPU. It should be enough to mount it without to tight bends. If you come up with a great idea how to fitt a 120.3 there I would be your slave forever If not, i will stick with a PA 120.2 it should do the work.

Next: Uploading blocks, but sadly not the .skp files, I dont have anymore space on my crapy host (max 22mb). You can still get that hdd skp throu the project skp in the main topic
    Last edited by !Xabbu; 11-03-2006 at 06:03 AM.