Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest Newegg Reviews. Find Em' and Post Em.

Xtreme Addict

Hahaha

Pros: Great quality, easy assembly - room to spread the elbows "inside" the case! ;-) Great capability for airflow and, creme de la creme - is ready for the next generation of motherboards!

Cons: Instructions and pictures are a little weak. Newbie may have a tougher time - but tech support will help. Play with the air flow and fan directions once you get it running.

Other Thoughts: I put probes on everything I could and played for a day and a half with the air flow etc. Even made custom poster board air dams and chutes to find the right combination that worked for me! managed to lower the cpu and power/SB temps by 11c!
    This product.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Can anyone one say Straight Heat?

Pros: First off, if you're anything thing like me and you wanna get out the bath tub and pwn on some css or spit crazy lyros on the comp mzic. There is only one Palermo I would let cashe in my sock 754. This ain't no front, stright OEM 1.6GHz commin at ya. Don't duck though this babe never overheats with its stay fresh fly flzan on da hot banging heatstink if ya smell meh. Fedex this deuce ocho cero cero on da tres dia to your casa cuz this cpu is straight gravy (ouch caluroso).

Cons: This ma is so tight I cut myself trying to pry it opens. Wear heavy duty work gloves. Then buy extra heatsink paste cuz this ma is HOT!

Other Thoughts: That I bought 5 of these when these came out, I'm still on the 2nd one. Now who is smart?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819104244

Xtreme Cruncher
    shmaa wins LOL
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Mentor
    can someone translate the one Shmaa posted.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream
    can someone translate the one Shmaa posted.
    I payed 150 USD 5 times and I've only used 2.

they're now worth 30 bucks...

Xtreme Member
    I like this one about the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail.

Disapointed
    Reviewed By: joe momma on 2/9/2007 Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: It is Pretty Fast at buisness programs and encoding.

Cons: My brothers AMD 4x4 Smokes My q6600. He wins in Almost every workstation app. Running PSP pro I can not keep up with him as the 4x4 is much more responsive, Exspecially when Multiple Apps are running. I believe its something to do with the memory bandwidth. On Gaming I hold My own but serving He Smokes Me. Also Be Warned this Thing Runs hotter Than the afterburner on an f-15 eagle.

Other Thoughts: I bought this for bragging rights over My Brothers AMD 4x4. What a Disapointment. Does anyone wanna trade My qaud core settup for there 4x4 setup.
    P4 3.2C GHZ (Northwood) Not working at the moment.
    Dual P4 3.0 Xeon "Nocona" WCG Cruncher - Hard Drive crapped out, waiting for the wife to release funds for life cycle replacements!!
    Sony Vaio

Certifications - I'm certified!! ARE YOU???
    MCP, MCSA Windows Server 2003, MCSE Windows Server 2003, MCITP - Consumer Support Technician, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Server Administrator, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Active Directory Configuration, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Network Infrastructure Configuration, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Application Platform Configuration, MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration
    A+, Network+, Security + Certified

Xtreme Enthusiast
    amd 4x4, so his brother has a tyan 4 socket board with 4 quad socket amds? or does his brother go mudding with his amd?
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck!
    This product.

i use cardboard for my radiator fans... seriously i do lol.
    emptiness

Sort of funny review for $3500 plasma

SAMSUNG HP-P5581 Black 55" 16:9 HD Plasma TV With Integrated ATSC/Digital Cable Ready Tuner - Retail

great product
    Reviewed By: N/A on 1/13/2007 Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: i got 1 of these for my bathroom, and like the others another 6 for my bedroom, they are great, good quality..PRICE

Cons: not very comfortable to sleep on, and they get in the way of my toiler paper roll

Other Thoughts: for the price there is nothing at all conprable to this on the market
    E6600,Asus striker,Crucial pc2 8000,Lianli v1000/koolance pc3-725,7900gt

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for this thread, it was needed.

This was for the EVGA 8800GTS 320Mb. $299, $279 after rebate. Cmon.

"Waste of money"
    Reviewed By: Zero on 2/21/2007 Reviewed By: Zero on 2/21/2007 Rating + 2Rating + 2
    Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: Its "powerful", can play games better than some cards, and has DirectX 10.

Cons: I'm returning this card. I hate it. I don't like it. It took forever for games to load, it never showed beginning videos, and it can barely even play BF2 at 1024x768 with things turned to medium. Compared to my XFX 8800GTX XXX, its a piecer.

Other Thoughts: I'm NEVER going EVGA. I'd recommend everyone get XFX card ONLY. And yes, I installed this card on a Nvidia MOBO.
    Shut it.
    E4300|IB9|Ultra-120 Extreme

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by taco
    Akula

Tech Level:high
    Ownership:less than 1 day

5/11/2006 8:36:18 PM

WOW have any of you actually bought one of these yet?

Pros: Wave of the future.

Cons: Some teething issues.

Other Thoughts: All of these buyer reviews and not a single one of them have actually bought this card yet. Everyone is just regurgitating what they've read on review sites. Those are so biased as to barely believeable as well. Personally I would ignore all reviews until Tom's Hardware comes out with a real one. Until they speak up it's all these reviews are going to be either fan boys, haters, or marketers, none of which can be trusted to give an accurate review. Myself I'm waiting to see what the Asus 256mb cards are going to be priced at, then I'll be making up my mind what I'm going to get.
    For a physx card.

Xtreme Member
    Tom's. LOL. Worse than the INQ, I say.

Xtreme Cruncher
    For Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus,
    great temps
    "Reviewed By: MASTA-SHAKE on 2/23/2007 Reviewed By: MASTA-SHAKE on 2/23/2007 Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
    Tech Level Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week

Pros: forgot to add these to my post cpu 31 idlem, mobo idle 39 cpu load 45, mobo load 49

Cons: with these temps are you kidding?

Other Thoughts: stock pd915 no ocing stock everything, just imagin the possabilites. thats on the stock 775 cooler"
    Wow I wonder what a motherboard has to do with cooling.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Pros: Affordable, new PCI Express, it looks cool and easy for anyone to install

Cons: The driver isn't anything too special, really basic. And sometimes when I start my computer I get this funky error on my screen, but Im pretty sure its something wrong with my computer and not the card

Other Thoughts: works great with most current games.
    ....For an LG DVD Burner
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas
    ....For an LG DVD Burner
    ROFL
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    Not too much :/ probably just messed up and posted in the wrong window when posting for many items.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yes, but it's stil funny that it's there.
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    I read shmaa's review every morning. Never fails to make me laugh.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

Xtreme CCIE

250GB Seagate 7200.10 Hard Drive

Regarding a 250GB Seagate 7200.10 hard drive...

Quote Originally Posted by NewEgg Customer
    Lacking Setup Files
    Reviewed By: Abera on 3/1/2007 Reviewed By: Abera on 3/1/2007 Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4
    Tech Level Tech Level: average - Ownership: less than 1 day

Pros: Everyone says it's a good one. Have not tried it out yet.

Cons: No setup CD, or DVD. I know I can get setup files off the net, but should have one included. Also no the specs of the drive.

Other Thoughts: We'll see...
    What setup files could this guy possibly need for his SATA hard drive? I'll admit I've only bought OEM for years, but I've never had to download or run any sort of setup file for a hard drive in my life.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148144
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Cruncher
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAAA ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Member
    This one is definitely off topic... I realize this thread is for dumb reviews... but i thought i'd share one I put in about my P5B-D ... I like to be an idiot on newegg sometimes...

Pros: Yatzee!!! This muvaboard will be your new mom... Installed her, plopped in a e6400 and she tucked me into bed at 3.5Ghz (500x7) on 1.38 volts... then she read me a story ...Thanks Mom!!

Cons: For breakfast she sometimes makes me a glass of Vdroop, but thats fixable. It's not super nifty like a DFI Lanparty but not every board can be a M_I-L-F.

Other Thoughts: L630A992, GSkill pc8000HZ's, Si-120, 8800gts There's room for improvement once I get better cooling and I clean up my room! Yayzorz! - BR
    Last edited by Battle_Rattle; 03-04-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol that is the wierdest post, not the stupidest.

Xtreme Member
    LIAN LI PC-V2000Aplus II Silver Aluminum Server Computer Case

Speechless
    Pros: If you're looking for a computer case, look no further. This is it my friend. I've assembled every single computer I ever owned, and never a case made a drop of tear come down from my eye... Assembling my new computer in this case was like... maybe like being in the hospital waiting for my wife to deliver my first boy. And after it was done, same thing: there was nothing more beautiful in the whole world. But my friend, this case isn't just beautiful. The way the hard drives go in without having to screw them... the way the fans are positioned... the way you remove both side covers with one pull of a pin... Lian-Li is the king of all cases, and this is not questionable. Not even Apple comes close to this case. Well, performance-wise, my computer runs as cool as it'll ever run. The case fans are all turned on and they're really quiet. The case is rock-solid. It's big but it's not imense -- its the perfect size.

Cons: After you die, you won't be able to take this with you to heaven. This sucks...

Other Thoughts: After I assembled my PC, i had a bag full of leftover cables and stuff that we never throw away. So, I just stored that on the bottom part of the case. There's plenty of space there, and it fits nicely without being lose and it won't interfere with anything. Also the motherboard manual is inside. Perfect, because they'll always be where I need them.
    ...this is more humourous than stupid, it still cracks me up every time i read it
    Asus A8N-E, x2 3800+ 2.7Ghz@1.488v RmClk, TT Big Typhoon lapped, Zalman NB-47J, XFX 9500gt, Corsair 2Gb, Sony DVD, Samsung 1TB, Coolermaster Cavalier, Enermax 620w, Benq G2400WD, Logitech X-230, WIN7 64.

There is a cure.... it's called Prevention. .. And remember - the story being told is not always the one that best reflects reality….

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsa
    LIAN LI PC-V2000Aplus II Silver Aluminum Server Computer Case

...this is more humourous than stupid, it still cracks me up every time i read it
    Lol the last part is funny, for some damn reason...

Xtreme Addict
    Checking Newegg out for what they have and find this...

Quote Originally Posted by
    Pros: Performs a bit better than tuniq and quiter. Cools my ram and mb. I overclocked my pentium for 18 mhz to 19 mhz. YOu guys aint got nuthin on my cpu

Cons: Very expensive esspesialy cause me jump tha boder and mow tha lawns. and sell me woman and daughter. So i think me have to do some more lawns.

Other Thoughts: Very nice. i like how much. YOu know i own this 1 year and very good. SPECS intel pentium 1 128 mb ram 9200 le radeon Vista ultimate coolermaster 830 1 kw psu YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT IN MEXICO VIVA LA MEXICO
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103026
    Watch 24!

Q6600 G0 w/ Scythe Zipang
    A Data 2x2gb DDR2-800
    Corsair 750w PSU
    8800GTX
    320gb Maxtor HDD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    RocketFish case

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast