Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Antec Nine Hundred "Advanced Gaming Case" Review by afireinside

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo 13 View Post
    can someone plz help me. Where is the Speaker wire? I can't hear my system posts while booting. My system runs fine but I can't get any posts sounds even if I take out the memory.
    there isn't any built in speaker in this case...

Xtreme Mentor
    where do you see the revision number?????? i wanna be sure to get 1.1
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Quote Originally Posted by timber715 View Post
    there isn't any built in speaker in this case...
    so how do you guys get any posts sounds?

someone plz help...if there is no way around this then this case sucks. What if I run into a problem down the road...how am I suppose to know what the problem is if I can't even get it to posts?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Buy a speaker .
    Quote Originally Posted by amscott
    my freind is a proud owneer of an xbox 360. from wat he has told me, microsoft has secret built in devices that only are in the xbox and cannot be recreated. for instance he told me taht there is this little divise that is in the xbox 360 taht u cannot take out which if u play online and microsoft catches you hacking with this special chip thing that changes somthing in the games, microsoft will basicly sent a EMP pulse to your game system and fry it. :O because of these little part in the system, it is very difficult if not impossoble to modify the xbox with other parts because of the compatibility of the processor and (dashboard).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze06 View Post
    Buy a speaker .
    I have speakers...I just want to hear my system posts.

Xtreme Member
    this case is actually very nice, the material its made of is so much better.
    I wish i got this instead of the aeroengine i got, cept it was like 60bucks more =[
    Intel E2140 @ 3.2ghz Lapped
    TT Big Typhoon Lapped
    Asus P5K-C
    2gb OCZ Gold ddr2 800mhz
    8800GTS 320mb

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo 13 View Post
    I have speakers...I just want to hear my system posts.
    Many of the newer motherboards have LED displays for POST messages so speakers aren't necessary. If your motherboard doesn't have a LED display, you can velcro a speaker inside an unused drive bay.

Quote Originally Posted by deees View Post
    Many of the newer motherboards have LED displays for POST messages so speakers aren't necessary. If your motherboard doesn't have a LED display, you can velcro a speaker inside an unused drive bay.
    thx...I have a PSN-E mobo so I don't know if it has the special LED lights. Also what do you mean I can velcro a speaker inside a unused drive bay? where would this speaker connect to get get the posts sound?

Apollo 13

thats are what mobo manuals are for!
    look for a speaker connector on the mobo....

I can look it up on the internet if your feeling to lazy,but would be very hard to explain. (Oh it`s near the bottom left of the second RAM slot)
    ANd if you don`t have a manual look the model up on the net...

V D R

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mr Bungles, where did you get your case??? I can't find one with those awesome holes in the side panel : (

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    Mr Bungles, where did you get your case??? I can't find one with those awesome holes in the side panel : (
    If you're referring to the holes in the motherboard tray, he cut/drilled them. Here is a whole thread on cable management for the 900:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=126395

i feel sorry for a fireinside because i only just bought this thing 3 weeks ago and mine has water cooling support no modding required the holes wre already thers with a plastic dust cover for the tubes not that im gona use it but came in hands for running wires that i need as a com tech with a mobile diagnosis system/ gameing rig/ multimedia dj kit althis outa the back of a single mercedes benz sprinter i'll have to pics of the setup i'll blow someones mind

in relation to the post speaker question with your mobo you got there should have been a conector thats white with a bunch of pins on it for easy conection of power on led hdd led post speaker power on button and reset button one that your speaker will conections will need to conect to the pins labeled speaker i also have the p5n-e sli mobo havn't installed yet waiting on cpu and graphics

Quote Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post
    HOw do we get the upgrade or something ?

btw guys.. I got a 7950gt today but the dvi to vga adapter doesnt fit in the back .. so it seems like i might have to use my second slot of pcie but i dont think thats good unless im running SLI right
    get a dvi to vga monitor cable unless your using a crt monitor then you can always try makin your own adapter with some length between the 2 conectors

Quote Originally Posted by gr8golf View Post
    I've rebuilt my rig with the Nine Hundred and am trying to decide if it's a keeper or to return it.

Pros:
    Temps are A LOT lower with this case - even with fans set to low speed
    Fans set to low - case is very quiet
    Mid Tower size is good

Cons:
    The 3.5" drive adapter is WORSE than described earlier
    Blue LED's in the fans - will have to replace
    Fans are controlled by switch (in case) - should be temp driven
    Has a side window - I'm not a fan
    No HD or Power LED
    Top mounted front panel connectors - should be on the front
    I prefer aluminum

I may just have to take this thing back and get the new Silverstone TJ-09. I just wish the damn thing was a little smaller.
    My 900 has a HD Led?
    And the power Led is the Fan LEDīs ?

Regarding the review: i agree with some of the drawbacks, but i think its overemphazised, its really not that bad, and besides, the cooling makes up for some of the quirks IMO.
    It is a bit too small for me, another 5 CM in both height and length would have made wonders, but i kinda liked the drive bays.
    But all that im willing to put up with, because Its easily THE COOLEST air cooled case i ever tried, and i tried a few
    Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - Antec Nine Hundred
    Intel I7 - 920 D0
    ASUS GTX 280 - NorthQ Giant Reactor 1000W
    3x2048GB OCZ PC12800 Cas8 - X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    300 Gb Seagate 7200.7 IDE
    2x250 GB Samsung SP2504C RAID 0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    i didn't even realize i had an account here

i used an electrician's tool called a SlugBuster to punch those clean holes in my case. Dremels leave raggedy looking holes. i'd recommend a hole punch if you can get your hands on one. if not, you can use a drill with a step bit and a Dremel buffer attachment to clean out the holes when you're done.

doing it the way i did it forces you to extend some wires though. the wires for the top panel stuff (power & reset buttons, USB, headphone & mic jacks, etc.) will have to be extended. wire strippers and butt splice connectors. good times.

i ended up building four of these in a month and got sick of it. i haven't touched a new 900 since.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xMrBunglex View Post
    nub

Thank you for the inspiration good sir! Here is my work:

Xtreme Addict
    looks good. i like how you used those rubber grommets in your holes. very clean. you'll want to move your right memory stick into the yellow slot though. it only works in dual channel mode when both sticks of RAM are in the same-colored slot.

that P5K is a really nice looking mobo.

To be honest with you, if you found the Antec 900 to be annoying to work with is most likely because of laziness. Good things come with a price, like Oscar Schlinder. If you take your time, and don't rush with this case becomes as easy as any other case. And a little bit of modding makes it one of the best cases out there.
    ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm selling 4 black Antec 120 Tricool Blue LED fans. They are in "like new" conditions. Interested PM me for more info.

XFX nForce 680i
    Intel Q6600 - ZALMAN 9700
    XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX
    OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 2x2GB
    SILVERSTONE 750W Quad +12V Rails
    Panasonic UJ-875 Slot-Loading Super Burner
    ANTEC 900 Modded

Video of my red monster!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234