Thread: Thanks!!

Dr. Rosetta

Thanks!!

Rhiju just posted the results for one of the first CASP targets for which the actual structure has now been released. If you look at

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/ra...redictions.php

you can see what you contributed to our submitted predictions for target 283, which are really excellent. Three of the five top work units contributing to our predictions were from your team.

Target 283 jobs ran during the beginning of CASP when you were really ramping up your efforts for Rosetta.

you can see your more recent contributions vividly at

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/ra...83_&TeamID=727

thanks again for this great work!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Dr. Baker: At the risk of sounding rude, do us a favor and take a hike.
    Your project may be worthwhile but you aren't.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    You see the power of XS you see what we did and you didnt care about our team and now you come here and said thanks, really the best project ruined by the people that runs it at least at wcg the admin care of the people that runs the project i can point you the exit its a big red X
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    Guys, I fully understand the reactions but... let's not lower ourselves to this kind of behaviour, please?
    Feelings towards Dr Baker may be strong, but why not show we can rise above that and treat him like you would any other... polite and with courtesy. The man IS trying to find ways to improve medical research and I for one am glad the resources we gave him at the time were used to benefit mankind.

Even though the majority of XS doesn't run Rosetta anymore, I have no problem with him posting results... I strongly believe it is this forum's policy to give people the freedom to post on a subject unless they act against the rules (which is not the case here).
    Remember there are still members running Rosetta... if I was one of them, I would not feel happy reading remarks like those above me...

Let it rest... please?

Xtreme Addict
    IMHO, David Baker forfeited his posting privileges when he allowed the slander against XS to continue without taking a strong and proactive stand against it at the Rosetta MB.

The fact that he allowed the slander to happen, that he did not defend us and that the moderators he put in ,as recently as less than a month ago, still allowed the slander to be presented at the Rosetta MB speaks for itself: He gave succor to our enemies.

His standing as a researcher doesn't make him welcome here.
    IMHO he should not be allowed to post here anymore.

Let it rest? Hell no!!!!!
    Last edited by Jose; 10-15-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Teddie
    Is this the same Dr. Baker who stated in no way would he be posting outside of his own thread again ? Albeit to keep the BS happy !

Duc, I can really appreciate what you are saying and you are correct in the normal circumstances, howether because of a lack of guts, this man allowed the whole of XS to be tarred with the brush " cheats" and a lot of other disrespectful remarks. So much so a real animosity has built up in many XS members and others to the stage where in reality violence would have occurred.

Not once did he he stand up and be counted, in that he let the whole of XS down.

He greedily grasped at the power of XS and let them down in many other ways.

There are members here and in other teams that feel the man raped them, they feel used and abused and I fully understand their inability to remain polite and courteous.

That said, I am not an XS member and if you wish me to withdraw my remarks , I shall.
    Oh oh here comes trouble !

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by carl.h
    There are members here and in other teams that feel the man raped them, they feel used and abused and I fully understand their inability to remain polite and courteous.
    I know... I was one of those members.
    Still, it makes me sad to see this...

That said, I am not an XS member and if you wish me to withdraw my remarks , I shall.
    Freedom of speech, remember? (Why do you think you have "Xtreme Teddie" stated under your name? We consider you one of us )
    Last edited by [XC] Duc; 10-15-2006 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Xtreme Cruncher
    Gentlemen,

Let us be just that, Gentle. Though what has occured with Dr. Baker, he is still someone that should not be flamed as such on our boards, That is not the reputation that XS wants. We all know within ourselves the power that XS has. We all crunched Rosetta for the reason we believe it to be the best science related program, and while the people backing it may not have backed US persay the science is still the bottom line and We should leave it as such.

Dr. Baker, although you will probably never see this. Good Luck with the results.

Freedom of Speech, Just remember your rights end where someone elses begin.

XS in Sin City
    Sadly, this is a case of "You don't know what you have until it is gone".

Baker Labs had at their disposal a mountain of computing power provided by XS, FDC, and DPC.... and it was squandered away. All due to not standing up for the teams.

Baker Labs may eventually return to the level of computing power they once had, but not with Team XS's help. Baker took us for granted and for that we have moved on....

Xtreme Cruncher
    yes and they can look at us now at wcg.... crunching like monsters

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is this the same Dr. Baker who stated in no way would he be posting outside of his own thread again ? Albeit to keep the BS happy !

Duc, I can really appreciate what you are saying and you are correct in the normal circumstances, howether because of a lack of guts, this man allowed the whole of XS to be tarred with the brush " cheats" and a lot of other disrespectful remarks. So much so a real animosity has built up in many XS members and others to the stage where in reality violence would have occurred.

Not once did he he stand up and be counted, in that he let the whole of XS down.

He greedily grasped at the power of XS and let them down in many other ways.

What he said
    2x Harpers 5492, 8GB DDR2-800 FBDIMM, SuperMicro X7DWA-N, Raptors in Raid0, 1TB Storage, Dual Watercooling loop, U2UFO, Enermax 1000W
    Some nice LianLi case, i7 965 Extreme, FoxConn BloodRage, 3x2GB OCZ Blade 2000, Zotac GTX260, Enermax 700W

Xtreme
    With all of this, lets remember the forum rules guys

no flaming period, doesn't matter what someone does anywhere else, its what they do here that matters.

and no, he shouldn't be banned from posting here, let him post, and listen to what he says. He is paying every day for not speaking up, by all the results that are now being sent to WCG instead of rosetta. that should be punishment enough. so im asking, all of you, to please drop this, and move on. I know im not the only person tired of hearing about it these days.

as for a reminder, forum policy #1

1. Absolutely NO personal attacks.
    Flaming or inciting flaming (also known as flame baiting) will not be tolerated, no exceptions. This includes references to bodily harm/violence.
    System:
    2600K / 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC15000
    Asus Sabertooth P67 / MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 Crossfire
    corsair 1000hx / Corsair 800D obsidian
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Windows 7 Pro
    Cooling:
    Koolance 360 rev 1.1 CPU block / MCR320 QP rad
    OCZ hydropulse 800 pump w/ EK-DCP 4.0 res
    Primochill LRT Black tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Xtreme Cruncher
    mmmm i gonna ask to put exception in that rule LOL

Xtreme Cruncher
    Everything that has been said is absolutely true. However, the fact remains that XS does have a Rosetta team (and always will TBT) and comments such as some in this thread do nothing but to add injury to the insults it has already endured.

If you are angry, you are entitled to your anger, but please refrain from reopening a topic that has been settled (to your satisfaction or not) and adding to the scorched earth, carnage-filled atmosphere that this (rosetta) forum currently resembles.

I politely request that every member objectively re-evaluate the content of their posts and the nature of the "contributions" they contain and edit them accordingly.

Freedom of speech doesnt entitle one to threadcrap, IMHO.

-SS

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    After reading all the above I'd like to say a few things:
    Duc and bullet2yourbrain:
    You 2 guys are right. I should not have flamed the guy.
    In my defense, I got so caught up in Rosetta that when the BS happenned there I felt like a friend had just stabbed me in the back.
    There is so much that you guys didn't see. The emails to him asking nicely for him to come and stop what was happenning and him glossing over any requests. SO many people here asked him to go to his own forum and put a stop to what was happenning.
    He was told this in plain words from as high up on XS as you can go in a phone call.
    That said, last night one of the guys messaged me on MSN that Baker was on and I saw red. I mean pissed beyond beleif that after all this he would come here. I let my anger come out at him when I should have thought about XS first and for that I apologise to you guys but not to him.
    You people mean more to me and that is why I fought so hard and long to get that mess fixed on his forum.
    It still bothers me as to how it finished. The app and the science I still beleive to be the best.
    It's just the man himself that I can not support.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    I for one will not apologize for my comments in this thread.

I dislike the person and for cause. I feel extremely betrayed by David Baker and the developers of Rosetta. My anger against him is well deserved and targeted.

If I offend you, so be it.

If the people that remain in the Rosetta Team want to ban me for my honest opinion of David Baker, so be it!!!! I will make it easier for you: I will not enter this area again.

Another positive effect of David Baker's participation in this group.

Space for Rent

Admin
    No one's gonna get banned. David Baker, to the majority people that read the DC forums, is just not welcome here. They have their reasons and their reasons won't change. Hopefully though, this was one last hurrah against DB.

If he posts again and you don't like it, please just ignore it....the true message will be when no one responds, that will show what XS really feels about him and/or the project.
    Last edited by Vapor; 10-15-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor
    No one's gonna get banned. David Baker, to the majority people that read the DC forums, is just not welcome here. They have their reasons and their reasons won't change. Hopefully though, this was one last hurrah against DB.

If he posts again, please just ignore it....the true message will be when no one responds, that will show what XS really feels about him and/or the project.

and has this really what its come down to? XS as a whole going out to give "one last hurrah"

Sheesh, doesnt seem like someplace i'd want to be, out to "rescrew" someone who screwed "us" over...

Dave: Your comment was fine,

Jose: Chill. If you want to vent your anguish towards Dr. Baker, PM Me! i'll always be all ears. but for the sake of XS's Reputation and the general forum rules, Please Relax a wee bit, i know its hard and it must be even more difficult now but nothing will change, except maybe the fact that XS will be looked upon as a Bully and we dont want that.

Hiding from the cops and people I ripped off
    I honestly think DB has balls posting here after all that happened! I think he got off easy this time... I know its in most guys nature to be easy going and not want any confrontation but I am not one to get walked all over and not say something back... Anyway lets just hope this is the end of this and move on. WCG needs us and they actually appreciate what we do for them

David... do you like Tea?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain
    and has this really what its come down to? XS as a whole going out to give "one last hurrah"

Sheesh, doesnt seem like someplace i'd want to be, out to "rescrew" someone who screwed "us" over...

Jose: Chill. If you want to vent your anguish towards Dr. Baker, PM Me! i'll always be all ears. but for the sake of XS's Reputation and the general forum rules, Please Relax a wee bit, i know its hard and it must be even more difficult now but nothing will change, except maybe the fact that XS will be looked upon as a Bully and we dont want that.
    Anguish my foot!!!! Unabated anger.

Again where in the general forum rules does it says we have to accept taunting and provocation ?

I take any posting by David Baker here to be a provocation and I wil respond as any relf-respecting person will react to a provocation.

If one cannot deffend his home ( and this is our internet home) the issue is not being a bully but being a patsy. I am sorry you dont understand this.

If David Baker doent want to have a nasty reaction to his posting, he has a simple option: he should not post here. Those he betrayed and lied to will never forgive, nor forget.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain

Anguish my foot!!!! Unabated anger.

Again where in the general forum rules does it says we have to accept taunting and provocation ?

I take any posting by David Baker here to be a provocation and I will respond as any self-respecting person will react to a provocation.

If one cannot defend his home ( and this is our internet home) the issue is not being a bully but being a patsy. I am sorry you dont understand this.

If David Baker doesnt want to have a nasty reaction to his posting, he has a simple option: he should not post here. Those he betrayed and lied to will never forgive, nor forget.

How more damage is David Baker going to be allowed to do? He should be prevented from poisoning the atmosphere here . And poisoning it he is.

Bullet: you were not lied to and betrayed to the degree some of us were. Specially me. Of course you will never understand why the degree of well deserved anger David Baker is getting.

Please do not try to justify that . And that is what you are doing.

Space for Rent

Thread closed, you guys have made your point.

I tried to let DB know that intervention was needed way back at the start, I gave him exact instructions to begin reapir of the damage. What I asked was for him to come to XS and first offer and apology and then ask us what is needed next.

He wanted me to give him reasons on why he should do this when the writing was on the wall.

Let it go guys, we have moved on and I highly doubt we will return to the Rosetta project.

A life lesson learned the hard way.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID