Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lian Li V2000 High perf "Snap-on" kit

-150c Club Member
    My only concern is airflow, does the lian li normally have a vent in those area's?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    My only concern is airflow, does the lian li normally have a vent in those area's?
    Nope, but this unit will have it

-150c Club Member
    Ah if you sell any will you include a template?

Xtreme Addict
    Ah if you sell any will you include a template?
    Sure, that's not a problem.
    Anyway, the idea was to make this one for a friend, to do it for international sale we have to change materials to make it lighter, well, there is a lot of things that can be done about this kit.

-150c Club Member
    Anyway you do it, a drop in unit is a great idea. Any concerns as far as a lack of air flow by covering the bottom of the case?

Xtreme Addict
    Anyway you do it, a drop in unit is a great idea. Any concerns as far as a lack of air flow by covering the bottom of the case?
    For sure, is meant to have cross airflow.
    Or you mean covering the base? any other unit make for a v200 cover the base, and I really don't think the base of the lv200 do sh.. about airflow.

-100C Club Member
    nice work Ssilencer, that is one tight build there hey, i know how much time and work that would have taken to get it like that
    cant wait to see that E6800 bench and what temps ya get dual prime load

[/QUOTE]

i think noob is saying when you put side pannels on case it will be restricted.
    ie they can only draw/blow air in from front and back of case unless moded.

like in this pic

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks Kayl, and I replied telling that this v2000 will be modded, we are not that stupid to do this kind of design without thinking about that...

-100C Club Member
    i didnt read the last few post properly

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl
    i didnt read the last few post properly
    Yeap
    I was about to reply after reading yours on my email, but I saw that you already edited

Xtreme Addict
    I think the 'cartridge' format is great Ssilencer

The need for the line to be where it is still means it's limited to V2000 cases, but with just a couple mods it's a pretty fast fit.

Still not sure I see the idea behind the w/c rad as intercooler tho, can you explain?

I'd love to see a w/c BPHE for condensor, mated to even just a single PA120.1 at the back above. Being water I think it woulkd do very well, and could still be a cartridge fit.

Cheers

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I like the thinking Gray. Just run a water loop up to the 120mm fan slot a the back. Then you really would only have to do the minimal amount of modding to the case. It would look pretty damn cool as well(Not that it doesn't already anyway)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole
    I think the 'cartridge' format is great Ssilencer

The need for the line to be where it is still means it's limited to V2000 cases, but with just a couple mods it's a pretty fast fit.

Still not sure I see the idea behind the w/c rad as intercooler tho, can you explain?

I'd love to see a w/c BPHE for condensor, mated to even just a single PA120.1 at the back above. Being water I think it woulkd do very well, and could still be a cartridge fit.
    Cheers

Gray
    Intercooler it is just a way to call it, it is not for now, but there are some things I want to test in the next.

Let me see, the thread name is "Lian LI V2000 HIGH PERF KIT", so yes IT IS LIMITED TO V2000, it is that difficult to understand?

We fit a dual 120.2 and we will get better temps on the 3 waterblocks with the fans running at just 50% and also helping to run the condenser with superb air flow at that speed, looks like I don't understand something you are saying. why I need to put a POS 120.1 rad when I can fit a 120.2 high perf rad.?

This is single unit, not a commercial line being made, and we can make it whatever the customer needs. This one wanted the best watercooling parts we can fit inside the v2000 with phase, another one can ask for a pos watercooling and phase,you know. As I didn't see any other v2000 with a 120.2 altogether with a phase in the bottom part to copy, we had to find a way to do it and this was the best way.

BTW, how is your hand?

Xtreme Addict
    Hand is screaming at me, but getting better. Typing with one hand is a pain.

Didn't mean to replace the rad with a smaller one, esp now that I realise it's actually for a water loop. Calling it an intercooler made me think perhaps it could be for additional condensor cooling.

I was just thinking of BPHE condensor again one day I'll do that, and figred a 120.1 would work well with that and still fit the 'cartridge' style you're using.

You seem a little touchy today Ssilencer I can spare you a little of my Prozac if you'd like, they doubled my prescription last time

Nice work though. As always your customer will be very happy

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Yeap, I told you many times to send me some, you never did it and looks what we got
    Yes, I was thinking about using a slhx to go before the condenser in the loop, so I can get maybe a pair of degrees better in the water, and also get cool air over the condensor, letting me play high a high pressure gas maybe, but this is a customer machine, and I really don't have time to play this kind of games with my money for now.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole

You seem a little touchy today Ssilencer I can spare you a little of my Prozac if you'd like, they doubled my prescription last time
    Gray
    @SS: have told you before on the other forum I really like your unit.
    @Gray: shame on you; you should try Zoloft (sertraline), Fluoxetin sucks
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LMAO hehehehe

Xtreme Member
    Universe #1 --> Earth --> Europe --> Austria --> 120km NW of Vienna :D
    HOLY SH*T !!!
    I've never seen such a impressing and inoovative idea / unit!
    I think there are a lot of people with a Lian Li and a lot of $$$ who would buy a unit like this one! It rly looks perfect to me (expect the already mentioned problem with the airflow! )
    RLY GOOD work SSilencer!

Xtreme Addict
    Little update, testing and installing the new Xe 2.0

Changing the display for a bigger one (20x2 blue) and fitting the controller and display in the 3 1/2 lian li bay.

3 temps on display, Ambient (T0) thermocouple 1 (T1 on evap) thermocouple 2 (T2 inside de case)

Xtreme Addict
    Some testing:

Dual spi 32 conroe x6800@1.6V, 4420mhz, evap temp -39 with 32c ambient

Next day (colder day)
    Orthos over Conroe x6800@4326mhz 1.6v ambient temp 21c

Plain r502
    No rifle, no pistol, plain little 17cm wide x 13cm tall, one row custom condenser, no desuperheater, just cap tube inside suction from 20cm away the compresor to the evap ( original @itor design off course),

Sorry to bother.

Xtreme Addict
    Just to share:

All @1.6v iirc.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    absolutley fantastic! A great concept of design and implementation, there's definatley a market for a build like that, well done great results too!

regards
    Raja

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks, we are still working on that computer, next week I will have some final pics also.

-100C Club Member
    Nice die temps there sscilencer
    but those spi times arnt look very good for the oc.
    also for orthos you need to allocate ram to get rid of that paging error.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I think he just caught a screenshot whilst it was paging for a second or so, this happens once every few minutes approx. Orthos auto allocates the ram, unlike prime 95 where you had to set it through the custom option. If you have 2 gb Orthos will use 1790mb by defalut which I think is fine.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 10-28-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast