Hi, I got my new computer parts to work finally, after having to RMA my seasonic 600...
Anyway, E6600, P5W-DH BIOS 1305, 2Gb Mushkin Redline 8000, Big Typhoon in the CPU fan plug. (1288RPM Q-control set to performance). AS5 under all heatsinks.
Currently I have set
CPU FSB 400MHz @ VCORE 1.5375V
DRAM 800MHz (1:1) 5-5-5-11-6 @ VDIMM 2.30V
FSB Terminal Auto
Does most tests fine, but Prime95 keeps dumping on one of the cores when I run 2 instances.
Core Temp: Idle/Full: 56-58C/66-69C
Questiosns that I have:
1) What excatly is VMCH, what does it do? When do I raise it, what does it cause to heat up, etc...
2) What does FSB Terminal affect? Stability? Faster FSB possibility? I never see people talk about this in their OC stats.
3) Should I even touch ICH setting if I dont want to mess with PCI /PCIe OC? (It's south bridge, right?)
4) My RAM can handle 1116 according to Anandtech, under 2.35V, but if I go to BIOS, and change DRAM to 1000MHz (4:5) the system becomes extremely unstable (most of the time, no XP boot) even under more relaxed timings than Anandtech posted and maxed VDIMM. Is this cause I need to change something else??
5) Also, I can not get a stable boot with FSB 410, is this a matter of VCORE? or memory timings/voltage? Or VMCH (no clue what that does, see previous question)
6)Big Typhoon, should it be plugged into CPU Fan slot, or Chassies Fan slot (are those voltages the same?) or Molex adapter? Cause I dont know if 800RPM-1300RPM is too slow?
7)I see some people set their multiplyer on E6600 to lower number for higher FSB, but in my BIOS it is set to grey 9, with no options to change?
Also, why would only one core dump Prime95?!
Thanks a lot, sorry if these are some noobish questions...