Thread: Tigers beat the Yankees!

Evil Kitty

Tigers beat the Yankees!

Well, 19 years of playoff victory drought is over!!!

I was lucky enough to snag a couple of Tiger tickets from the boss at work (wait a second...I am the boss ) I was there to see the Tigers do what just about everyone said could not be done...beat the NY Yankees in the MLB AL Divisional Championship!!!

Anways, pic quality sucks, but I'm still happy a snapped a few shot!

We arrived early afternoon for the big game

A blurry action shot

Not a final score, but we rocked the whole game!

Celebration!! (with a towel in the way, neat shot anyways).

More Celebration!

Players squirting champaign into the crowd!

More fizzy stuff!!

How about those Tigers! 19 years of playoff victory drought over!!

My son who had the time of his life.

Go Tigers!!
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Admin
    Whenever they'd announce the score at the Big House here, the place would go crazy.....

Personally, not a huge fan of baseball (lacrosse is my sport, but I do have some favorite baseball teams) or Detroit sports, but it's definitely good to see a team that's struggled for so long have a surging season, especially where I am for school Especially great to see the Yankees out too...

BTW, pretty nice pics, nothing to be ashamed of....you were there to enjoy the gamewith your son, not to make art

uncore challenged...
    right on Mike, nice to see you made it to the game. i was about this |---| close from heading down myself but i sure wouldn't have had the seats you did. i can only imagine what it was like being there tonight...must have been something else when they came out of the dugout and shared the celebration with the fans.

Tigers FTW!!!

lets hope the pitching is as outstanding against the A's. i will hate myself if i don't make it for at least one game of that series.

It is
    I just turned my TV off watching "For the love of the game" with Kevin Costner in the lead role.
    Based on a story, it's not for real, but he plays as a picther named Billy Chapel ( no such player ever) that picthes the perfect game ( no man on base )
    He plays for the Tigers, and the perfect game is funny enough against the Yankees.

But back to the real world, congratulation on the victory.
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

Evil Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    i can only imagine what it was like being there tonight...must have been something else when they came out of the dugout and shared the celebration with the fans.
    It was absolutely outstanding to be there. Being in a crowd of 43,000+ overjoyed people is pretty moving. It was literally a natural high. This was a father and son event we will never forget.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Xtreme Member
    all of Red Sox Nation thanks you for totally dropping the Yanks like there were the Royals. I serious think the Tigers can go all the way, and I will be rooting for them all the way. After 6 years you would think Stienbrenner would realize heart wins championships not money.
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

Xtreme Addict
    Enjoy it, cause it's not gonna happen again for a loooooooong time

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa
    This was a father and son event we will never forget.
    awesome, even better. i am on the phone right now with my sister seeing if she will let my nephew miss some school to fly out for a game...fingers crossed that i can give him something as special as a playoff game in D-town at the age of 7. i didn't get to take in my first MLB game until i was 18 (sucks to grow up in Saskatchewan).

bring on the A's boys...we are ready for em!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJon89
    Enjoy it, cause it's not gonna happen again for a loooooooong time
    with the way they yanks have been playing in the playoffs for the past few years, it will happen again very soon... a bunch of zombies would have had better results than these overpaid losers..
    Core i7 920 3849B028 4.2ghz cooled by ek hf | 6gb stt ddr3 2100 | MSI HD6950 cf cooled by ek fc | Evga x58 e760 Classified | 120gb G.Skill Phoenix Pro | Modded Rocketfish case + 1200w toughpower | mcp 655 pump + mcr 320 + black ice pro II

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dicecca112
    all of Red Sox Nation thanks you for totally dropping the Yanks like there were the Royals. I serious think the Tigers can go all the way, and I will be rooting for them all the way. After 6 years you would think Stienbrenner would realize heart wins championships not money.

Didnt Bo sox finish Third?

Congrats to the Tiger's, great pitching from the young guy's. I think we have seen A-rod play his last season in a yankee uniform.
    Asus P5B Deluxe ~ E6700 @ 3.6 360x10 / 1.35v ~ Swiftech Water
    2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-4 1:1 ~ Evga 8800GTX
    WD Raptor 2x74gb(Raid0) ~ OCZ GX 600w ~ Lian Li V1000B

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikodemous

Congrats to the Tiger's, great pitching from the young guy's. I think we have seen A-rod play his last season in a yankee uniform.
    i doubt that. who on earth would take on his salary? i dont think that the yankees would bother paying part of his salary anyways, that wouldnt help them get pitching, and please stop laying the blame of the yankee's woes on his shoulders, everyone else on the team is just as responsible as he is.
    Core i7 920 3849B028 4.2ghz cooled by ek hf | 6gb stt ddr3 2100 | MSI HD6950 cf cooled by ek fc | Evga x58 e760 Classified | 120gb G.Skill Phoenix Pro | Modded Rocketfish case + 1200w toughpower | mcp 655 pump + mcr 320 + black ice pro II

Xtreme Addict
    13 years Kenny Rogers couldn't beat the Yanks, and in the ALDS he SHUTS THEM OUT!?!?! WTF

I'm done with A-Rod. Hope the Yanks can get good YOUNG pitching and trade A-Rod for Dontrelle Willis.

Well at least the New Yorkers have another team to look forward to, that will P4WN the Tigers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beltran.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	51710

Yep Beltran and the boys are coming to get 'cha

Congratz to the METS!

BTW, did you get hit by champagne?

Xtreme Addict
    the day the mets win the world series again, i will come and burn down shea stadium. to console met fans, it wont be that big of a deal, the stadium is so crappy it looks like it was already burned down before...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cky2k6
    the day the mets win the world series again, i will come and burn down shea stadium. to console met fans, it wont be that big of a deal, the stadium is so crappy it looks like it was already burned down before...

Ermmmm no need they are making a new one

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cky2k6
    i doubt that. who on earth would take on his salary? i dont think that the yankees would bother paying part of his salary anyways, that wouldnt help them get pitching, and please stop laying the blame of the yankee's woes on his shoulders, everyone else on the team is just as responsible as he is.
    I'm not blaming A-Rod, it's a team game. But he is the highest paid player in baseball.
    Asus P5B Deluxe ~ E6700 @ 3.6 360x10 / 1.35v ~ Swiftech Water
    2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-4 1:1 ~ Evga 8800GTX
    WD Raptor 2x74gb(Raid0) ~ OCZ GX 600w ~ Lian Li V1000B

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikodemous

two things

result was the same neither of use one the word series and two we weren't touted to have the best lineup ever in baseball and glide to the world series. Oh yeah and 2004 ALCS.
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

Admin
    The Yanks did have the best lineup, but both teams are good, and when a team like the Tigers can get fired up about something (e.g., beating the best lineup in baseball), watch out. IMO, keep the offense the way it is, get some new young pitching, more emphasis on incentive based contracts, and a new manager.

Either way, if the Tigers can keep getting fired up the rest of the playoffs, they can certainly go all the way....just the other NY team might give them a few fits if they can get to the WS.

Xtreme Member
    yeah the sox definetly proved it. I think the underdog status is greatly underestimated. I mean look at the sox in 04, if you have nothing to loose look what can happen. Well that and shots of Jack Daniels in the clubhouse helps too. I mean if the Tigers win the WS look at the the teams in the past 5yrs or so. DiamondBacks, Marlins, Angels, Red Sox, White Sox, Tigers. Nobody could predict any of these teams. Plus with the tigers throwing 102+ helps. Zumiya is an animal, if he can get a great out pitch with that 102 heater, he could be the best closer this game has ever seen, barring injury.
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

Xtreme Addict
    i think the tigers have a clear path to the ws, the mets are less of an obstacle than the yankees. they only have two good starters in maine and glavine. i would take verlander/robertson/rogers/bonderman over glavine/maine/trachsel/el duque any day of the week. even if the mets had pedro he would just have his arm fly off in the second inning.