Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushkin PC6400 cas 4-4-3-9 testing, D9GMH Fun at 2.88 Volts.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Mushkin PC6400 cas 4-4-3-9 testing, D9GMH Fun at 2.88 Volts.

I always wonderd why the Mushkin PC6400 Cas 443 stuff was so low key here, I had a hunch that it was some great ram... and boy was I right

heres some previews of what I did with them yesterday.
    I just got these yesterday, so all this is very preliminary, so I dont fully know the quirks of this ram yet, but heres alittle I can say so far.

I've tested every latency combination that I normally use, at the 2 volt setting so far, to find the max with each cas. so far, cas 5-5-4-12 at 2.0 volts seems like a sweet spot for 550, or 1100 mhz, and cas 5-4-4-10 is good for about 560, or 1020 mhz.
    thats pretty cool for a low voltage overclock.

but the real fun, for me, is the high voltage overclocking, so how about getting to that.

this ram uses the Micron D9GMH.
    it's extremely responsive to extra voltages, and boots just fine, error free, right into windows for me at 2.88 volts... the highest voltage I currently have available to me.

Hardware Used.

650 watt Mushkin PSU + 250 Thermaltake VGA PSU.
    Asus P5B Deluxe, WiFI version. Bios 0614.
    PowerColor X1950XTX.
    E6300 that tops out just below 3.9 ghz on air.
    2 x 150 gig raptors/raid zero + 400 gig slave.
    Creative Xfi.
    CD/DVD Burners...
    and the Mushkin PC6400.

Voltages adjustable to 2.88 volts Via Hipro DDR2 Maximizer.
    (great toy if you dont want to volt mod something)

Tests.

Initial tests, 10 rounds of Memtest 86 test #5 before trying in Windows.
    then Super Pi Mod 1.5.
    thats it so far.
    (remember I just got this yesterday)

I run test 5, cause I find if I can pass that a dozen times or so, then I can probably pass 32M and 3Dmark as well... so it saves me time testing with that first.

for the 475 cas 3-3-3 shot, that was done with booting into windows at cas 3-3-3 at 450, at 2.8 volts, then clockgening to 475.
    however, with how easy it was to pass 32M at 475, I think 485 might be possible as well. 490+ doesn't seem possible yet... but then again, I have alot of tweaking to do, so who knows

heres the max I got.

2.88 volts.
    (So damn close to 500... just need more voltage...)

this shot here is a personal favorite, cause I like ram that can run ras to cas 3 at 1 ghz.... unfortunatly, I forgot what voltage I used for this shot... will do more testing later anyways, so I will find out then.

this next shot, is just a moderate overclock, showing the max I got at 2.25 volts. nothing too interesting I suppose, but I wanted to try and be alittle thorough on the range I am showing, high voltage and low voltage OC's.

this shot I like alot too, cause it was done at 2.3 volts, and is extremely stable and easy to reach. 1066 mhz, cas 4-4-4-4 or PC8500 speed.
    I definatly like that.
    this is a 100% boot up shot, not clockgen or memset shot.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

I am Xtreme
    hey kunaak, terrific clocks!

I want that maxi.

Tyler Durden
    Wow, nice sticks. First time I've seen any results on these sticks too. Mushkin's been awful quiet on the enthusiast front as of late.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

I am Xtreme
    hey kunaak, you think these will hit 600?

Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    hey kunaak, you think these will hit 600?
    daaaaaaaaayummmmm...

I know this seems kinda backwards, but I really didn't try any high mhz clocking, till you asked me this a hour or so ago.
    I was so concerned with the cas 3-3-3 stuff, and testing low voltage clocking, that I really didnt bother to go for high clocks.

well I just gave it a few tries and heres what I came up with.

2.45 volts at cas 5-5-5-10 will get you 600+ rather easily.
    2.8 volts will get you cas 5-4-4-10.
    I can boot with cas 4-4-4 into windows at 600+ but I cant do much with it...

right now, running cas 4-4-4-10 at 2.45 volts and 1150 mhz, but still testing.

passed 32M at cas 5-4-4-10 at 2.8 volts, but thats just my first try
    I will post the 32M shot in a minute, but its only done at 2.07 ghz (remember I have the 7 multiplier as my default) so dont look so much at the time, but just the fact that it did pass at such high MHz

1220 Mhz Tops Verified

Last edited by Kunaak; 10-04-2006 at 05:04 PM.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    This is just the news I've been waiting for , as ZZF is out of stock ATM but I have them on Auto notify as soon as they are back in.

Not to metion the Super price with individual sticks.
    Asus P5B Deluxe ~ E6700 @ 3.6 360x10 / 1.35v ~ Swiftech Water
    2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-4 1:1 ~ Evga 8800GTX
    WD Raptor 2x74gb(Raid0) ~ OCZ GX 600w ~ Lian Li V1000B

Xtreme Addict
    woah new rams.. its good for us.. every brand have big guns..
    Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

Xtreme Addict
    Man I need one of those maximizers :o
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Member
    First one

Xtreme Member
    $299 for the set or 104.99 for indvidual sticks http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83434-3

Hmmm...

Xtreme Member
    oh jesus...can run cas 3 ~500Mhz,I want it.

Honestly, that 104 price has got to be a mistake.
    ZZF has made quite a few mistakes on prices lately, like thier 2 gig kit of Geil 8500 was only $270... or about $20 more then thier price on the 1 gig kit, and every where else sells that same ram kit for over $450.

I wouldn't wait around for the 1 gig sticks at $104 to show up, cause if they ever do... it probably wont be for $104.

Newegg has these sticks for about $370 per kit, and it's usually in stock, as these aren't hard to find ram, which is a very good thing, as I would honestly say this is some of the most surprising, and good ram that I ever tested... I always had a hunch that this ram was great, but I never really saw anyone give them a shot here, so I had to try it myself, and damn did it pay off big.
    great ram to say the least. definatly impressed, and definatly recommend it to anyone looking for 2 gig kit of ram, as this is some good stuff.

Xtreme Member
    Thx for the input Kunaak

I'm in the market for some killer OC'ing 2gb kit, but cant make up my mind as to which one's. I'm looking for the best bang for my Buck.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    great sticks... for the lower end I've been playing with Mushkin HP5300's...

Rock solid and stable around DDR990, 4-5-4-4... pretty nice for $200 2 gig kits.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikodemous
    $299 for the set or 104.99 for indvidual sticks http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83434-3

Hmmm...
    Does Mushkin use the third digit in the Part # to differentiate between kits and single sticks ( 6 and 1, respectively)?

I ask because I noticed a difference in the part # of the ram linked at ZZF.

The single stick is identified as Mushkin 991523 and the tested ram is 996523 or are the single sticks a different part altogether from what is being tested here?

I looked at a couple of others models and some kits had a "1" as the third digit so maybe those single sticks aren't exactly the same...

By the way, Kunaak, how did you identify the chips...did you pull the spreaders off or is that information available in another thread?
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 10-07-2006 at 06:16 AM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    heres the max I got.

2.88 volts.
    (So damn close to 500... just need more voltage...)
    Heh, heh , heh......That's the easiest thing to do.....MORE Voltage.....

You want more, I'll give you more.....

There's an internal switch in the back of the Maximizer's faceplate which changes it from DDR2 to DDR1 config.......Now......Take DOWN ALL dip switches and push off the dip switch/trimmer internal switch for working in dip switches mode.....
    By pressing the internal (hiden) switch for DDR1 config, with the Dip Switches you start from 2.8Vdimm.......BEWARE to un-trimm the trimmer though to it's min not to make any mistake......When done with the trimmer, you can follow the charts I've published as for Vdimm.....Here's a photo for helping you.....

(photo borrowed from Cooling Masters and France)

TIP: UNPLUG the DDR2 PCB from the mobo and leave it "on air" ....By this way you can do whatever you can and after finishing, plug it back in.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Little tricks from the Master Voltage Maker...I've printed and bookmarked this post for future reference.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

Reefa,

I really dont know anything about Mushkins Product codes, however, if I was to guess, I would assume, thats just to tell you if the stick was bought as a pair, or as a single stick.
    but thats just my Guess.
    we have a few Mushkin Reps here at XS, I will see if one cares to take a look at this topic and maybe clear this up for us

as for how did I Identify the Chips?

well, I was talking to a few guys at Mushkin and they informed me of Part Number, and I just looked up the Part Number on Microns website, to find what version of the D9 it was.

heres the part number for the chips used.

MT47H64M8B6-3

then go to Microns site, and enter the part number, to find the FBGA code.
    then it will tell you clearly what kinda chips you got.

http://www.micron.com/support/design.../fbga/decoder#
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IC.JPG 
Views:	607 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	51702  

haha, ok... well...

look in the pic, you will see the D in there.
    I can't post the proper code, cause when you put this : next to this D.

you get this

but the pic shows you the proper code in its entirety.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Finally, someone brought up Mushkin RAM for testing again It's been a while... Thanks, Kunaak
    A propos, very good results! I'm personally looking forward to seeing more high frequency stuff from those Let's go Eric, I know you can get that DDR2-1220 stable for (dual)32M Why do you go 1:2 instead of e.g. 400x7 2:3, since your chip can do 3.2GHz?

Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    Finally, someone brought up Mushkin RAM for testing again It's been a while... Thanks, Kunaak
    A propos, very good results! I'm personally looking forward to seeing more high frequency stuff from those Let's go Eric, I know you can get that DDR2-1220 stable for (dual)32M Why do you go 1:2 instead of e.g. 400x7 2:3, since your chip can do 3.2GHz?
    my chip goes plenty high.
    just a hair under 3.9 ghz is easy on air. 3.8 is easy to get stable enough for short benchmarks, and 100% OC is easy to get stable for 3dmark and 32M.
    boards great at booting right into windows at 550 easy.

problem is, when I set 400 and ram at 1000 mhz + board doesnt like booting.

only 1:1 and 2:1 offer me ways to realistically get 600+ mhz from it.

this is with both bios 0614, and 0711.
    400 mhz, and 1000 mhz on all my sets of ram, equal little to no chance of booting... board doesn't do that well with that divider for some reason.

I have about 7-8 sets of ram around here, and I tried all my "good ones" on this board, and thats been a consistant problem for me with this board, regaurdless of the ram used.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kunaak,

Thanks for the Micron link.

Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Member
    rofl i bought that 2 gig set at newegg for 290$ back in march.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast