X

Subscribe to New Ads!

Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 90k done :)

Xtreme Old School Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinc
    I had to shut the rig down before I could cool down the cpu bacuse the pwm area of the cards was deepfrozen.

Better insulation tomorrow
    I know what you mean

Any photos of that Marcus ??

That is what we can call AXS = Absout Xtreme Frozen from a XS Legend

Can't wait for the results with your talent and this setup real big number coming - good luck

Xtreme Addict
    Kinc, I dont know anythink really about LN2 cooling, but does such a high temperature gradient between very cold GPU area, and relatively hot power transistors and voltage regulators cause any problems? Thermal expansion problems? What about the temperature varying Ron resistance of power transistors and min of like -20C for capacitors? 927Mhz just seems like magic with so many things that could go wrong.. I guess its just your decades of experience

24/7: A64 3000+ (\_/) @2.4Ghz, 1.4V
    1 GB OCZ Gold (='.'=) 240 2-2-2-5
    Giga-byte NF3 (")_(") K8NSC-939
    XFX 6800 16/6 NV5 @420/936, 1.33V

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Rocha
    I know what you mean

Any photos of that Marcus ??

That is what we can call AXS = Absout Xtreme Frozen from a XS Legend

Can't wait for the results with your talent and this setup real big number coming - good luck
    I'm sorry I didnt have any good lighting and the flash on my camera is just a joke. Hopefully the cards aint dameged. It didnt look to good when I shut down.

Xtreme Old School Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinc
    I'm sorry I didnt have any good lighting and the flash on my camera is just a joke. Hopefully the cards aint dameged. It didnt look to good when I shut down.
    I really hope! card is alive!! those cold bug free X1900 are treasures really hard to find ..

Champion
    Congratulations, break 90k milestone!
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by over@locker886
    90k already broken He is going for 100k
    Asus P5B-deluxe | E4300@3200mhz | 2x1024MB 400Mhz 4-4-4-12| Asus X1950Pro |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    he did it yet

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ocfx
    he did it yet
    sorry, I was wrong. Yes,broke.
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Deimos***
    Kinc, I dont know anythink really about LN2 cooling, but does such a high temperature gradient between very cold GPU area, and relatively hot power transistors and voltage regulators cause any problems? Thermal expansion problems? What about the temperature varying Ron resistance of power transistors and min of like -20C for capacitors? 927Mhz just seems like magic with so many things that could go wrong.. I guess its just your decades of experience
    thermal expansion is not a problem, but frozen capacitors are. they are filled with liquid and once they freeze they wont work, so then you have to let everything thaw. hopefully an experienced bencher wouldn't let it go that far.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sorry, I was wrong. Yes,broke.
    yes and sorry...its not "yet"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    thermal expansion is not a problem, but frozen capacitors are. they are filled with liquid and once they freeze they wont work, so then you have to let everything thaw. hopefully an experienced bencher wouldn't let it go that far.
    let me guess.. lots of insulation, and thermal blanket to keep the thermal sensitive components warm?

24/7: A64 3000+ (\_/) @2.4Ghz, 1.4V
    1 GB OCZ Gold (='.'=) 240 2-2-2-5
    Giga-byte NF3 (")_(") K8NSC-939
    XFX 6800 16/6 NV5 @420/936, 1.33V

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Deimos***
    let me guess.. lots of insulation, and thermal blanket to keep the thermal sensitive components warm?

I guess that could be a side effect of insulation. But thats not why you insulate. Insulation is obviously to stop condensation. I'm no expert but a typical LN2 bench seesion is not going to last long enough to freeze any caps. Which is why i say that an experienced bencher would probably pull the plug before it got that far.

Like master kinc, he saw his x1900's getting too cold and he shut the rig down.

good work ^_^ so high how about 03?

AMD ATHLON 3000+ 512+512+256+256 KINGSTON DDR400 RAM +EPOX NF4 SLI+ SEAGATE 160G

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234