Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E6300 Retail Box Max Overclock

Overclocking Guru
    I ended up getting a Asus P5B DLX and it seems to run well.

Looks like my E6300 does around 3200MHz with stock cooling. 7x458.

OPP

I am Xtreme
    Hey opp you got a nice board there, thats what i use. If you still think memory is holding you back chipset voltage will help memory go alot further.

My e6300 did 3.6 stock cooler. I had an FSB wall after that. I ended up running 3.5ghz with low volts on a big typhoon.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    Hey opp you got a nice board there, thats what i use. If you still think memory is holding you back chipset voltage will help memory go alot further.

My e6300 did 3.6 stock cooler. I had an FSB wall after that. I ended up running 3.5ghz with low volts on a big typhoon.
    I don't think it was a FSB problem on this test, I could be wrong. I'll be upgrading the cooling later this week, first test will be the Typhoon, then going to water, chilled water, then Phase. I guess I will really find out if I have a FSB problem as I start cooling the chip better.

I like the board, much nicer then the Asus P5W DH that I started out with.

OPP
    Last edited by OPPAINTER; 10-03-2006 at 07:43 AM.

well here's mine

stable 24/7

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23

By the way, what video card are you using? I'm starting to wonder if the 7950 card I have could hold me back.

OPP

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    By the way, what video card are you using? I'm starting to wonder if the 7950 card I have could hold me back.

OPP

I did it with a geforce 6200 turbocache....my 1900xtx is pending RMA.

I hear that 7950's act up on this motherboard, and the fix is simple. set the PCI-E frequency to 95. I have no experience with it but it could be worth a shot.

The P5W is a nice board too but the 975 chipset simply cant hit the kind of FSB that the 965 can.

Good luck OPP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12