Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock 775Dual-VSTA Volt Mods

That's great to know that the mac address problem can be fixed.

Yeah the northbridge voltage doesn't seem to help anyone's oc, I just posted it cause someone was asking for it. the one I labelled as Vagp, going from 1.59 to 1.79v, was good for about 15mhz on the fsb for me. setting the PCI-e to 117mhz was huge also.

Alchemist/Mr Vain, thanks for posting this on here and anand, I forgot my password on that site and i dont know what email i signed up with lol.
    Last edited by Mallet; 10-06-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Xtreme Member

Smile

Sign up with another name; it would be a shame not to continue to contribute to the vr forum thread that you started.

oh no my anandtech account is the one im locked out of, my bad i made that sound confusing.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    That's great to know that the mac address problem can be fixed.

Yeah the northbridge voltage doesn't seem to help anyone's oc, I just posted it cause someone was asking for it. the one I labelled as Vagp, going from 1.59 to 1.79v, was good for about 15mhz on the fsb for me. setting the PCI-e to 117mhz was huge also.

Alchemist/Mr Vain, thanks for posting this on here and anand, I forgot my password on that site and i dont know what email i signed up with lol.
    Alright, I made a long reply to this post earlier but my system crashed ( in OC mode of course ) when I was about to "Submit Reply"!
    I'll keep it short this time, for safety reason.

Does it have to be exactly PCIe 117MHz, I mean 120MHz should work too, right?!

Now it seems like the Vnb mod isn't useless for me, seems to help in dual Prime and dual Super PI 32M.

This is what I currently use;

PCIe = 120MHz
    PCI = 33.33MHz
    Vcore = ~1.26V ( E6600 / on the box can be read 1.35V max ?? )
    Vagp = ~1.70V
    Vnb = ~1.43V
    Vdimm = ~2.75V
    DDR400 & CPC 1T settings & flex off.

Now things are dual prime stable up to FSB290 at 2.5 3 3 6 1T with 2x1GB DDR mem. ( Edit: not so cool really )
    Last edited by OnLine; 10-07-2006 at 05:48 PM.
    s754 PCIe; EPoX EP-8NPAJ // Claw 3700+ // 7800GTX // Cors BH-5 1GB // OCZ 520W // WinXP

I wonder if Vnb helped because you are running command per clock at 1T.

Xtreme Member
    Well - after further testing - I wonder if Vnb mod helps at all because dual prime always errors out after ~4 hours in OC mode.
    Stock speed works, but that's not fun.
    Hm I guess I could OC 5% ...

I can bench at FSB315[+] with the mods in place but ... I still can't get this Asrock 775Dual-VSTA board to OC 10% and maintain 100% stability , that's it!! Mem craps out. Maybe my mobo sample has a weak mem controller!?

DDR333 setting or flex option isn't for me but I guess I could try 2T.

----

s754 PCIe; EPoX EP-8NPAJ // Claw 3700+ // 7800GTX // Cors BH-5 1GB // OCZ 520W // WinXP

Most people have to run 2T with this board, even with good ram, and no OC. From benchmarks I've ran its a 2-3% performance hit, but its completely stable whereas 1T would would crash my games.

I use DDR 400 setting 3-3-3-8 2T. with fsb at 315.

Setup like this I'm scoring nearly 30k in 3dmark01se with a 6600gt.

Xtreme Member
    The good news: CPC 2T definitely makes things more stable!
    And the perf hit is small ( less than 5% ).

Yeah, I wish I could use 3 3 3 8 2T beyond FSB300 but my 2x1GB mem won't let me. Beyond FSB300 I need to use 3 4 4 10 2T and while this doesn't sound too bad there are times when 9x290 2.5 3 3 6 1T provides better performance than 9x310 3 4 4 10 2T, like in WinRAR 3.61 single- & multithreading hardware test and dual Super PI 32M.

3DMark01/03/05/06 are of course a bit faster with 9x310 3 4 4 10 2T settings.

I did try 9x310 2.5 3 3 6 1T @ DDR333 speed and it wasn't too bad, actually quite good but with DDR mem we're already short of mem bandwidth so I feel DDR400 speed is the way to go.

The bad news:

Edit: I mean the bad news: I got no clue how 1T will work in games on my setup, because I haven't gamed yet on this mobo. But it could be like You say, it'll crash!
    Last edited by OnLine; 10-08-2006 at 10:08 PM.

right my friend has this board and a intel 805 he seems to be having problems booting past 160fsb which is strange because it will boot then blue screen the memory is fine he has ocz ddr2 667 so i think could be dodgey install of windows or could it be the ide controller ? if most cpu's opperate at 200fsb stock then why should this be having trouble

and this board does undervolt quiet bad

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fdgdfko3.png
    http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fghfdus5.png

there are screenys it just doesnt seem to make any sense

and the karl (l) aime that is me :P

Xtreme Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mitsirfishi
    right my friend has this board and a intel 805 he seems to be having problems booting past 160fsb which is strange because it will boot then blue screen the memory is fine he has ocz ddr2 667 so i think could be dodgey install of windows or could it be the ide controller ? if most cpu's opperate at 200fsb stock then why should this be having trouble

and this board does undervolt quiet bad

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fdgdfko3.png
    http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fghfdus5.png

there are screenys it just doesnt seem to make any sense

and the karl (l) aime that is me :P
    Dude this CPU D 805 has a 20x Multiplier which makes it unusual.

200fsb x 20 cpu multiplier will yield you 4 MHz overclock, that is possible on this mobo only with a CPU pin volt mod as I have done.

You should be able to achieve a maximum of 270fsb with stock voltage.

Set IDE strength to medium or high on the bios and see if it holds.

A fresh Windows Install is a very good idea for this mobo from a lot of what I have read about it.

Try in the bios

Overclock Mode: Async
    CPU: 165 to 170
    PCI-E: 117
    Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    DRAM Frequency: auto
    Flexibility Option: Enabled
    DRAM Latencies: auto
    DRAM Voltage: auto
    AGP Voltage: auto
    AGP Fastwrite: Enabled
    AGP Aperture Size: 256Meg

V-Link Speed: Fast
    IDE Drive Strength: High

Disabled Floppy, Game Port, MIDI port, etc. If you don’t use.

Hope your friend has a good PSU that helps heeps.
    Last edited by Alchemist; 10-09-2006 at 07:18 AM.

well he has the x-pro 460watt with dual rail 12v amps in total of 30a amps so its powerful enough

Xtreme Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Most people have to run 2T with this board, even with good ram, and no OC. From benchmarks I've ran its a 2-3% performance hit, but its completely stable whereas 1T would would crash my games.

I use DDR 400 setting 3-3-3-8 2T. with fsb at 315.

Setup like this I'm scoring nearly 30k in 3dmark01se with a 6600gt.
    I see some praise for your efforts Mallet on that other place.

Oliver is getting 325FSB Stable!
    I now believe that around 340 FSB (only 15 fsb more) with this mobo is not that impossible with a few more refinements.

Hi there,

first of all I would like to thank Mallet for the trouble and time, which he sacrificed, in order to make this Mod possible.

You are a genius

With your Mod I could reach easily FSB 325 (with a few Bios attitudes).
    And the best... it runs stable...

I wait likewise for a pencil trick, in order to increase the DDRI tension.
    Perhaps you would have time and desire for a further challenge...

Thank you again,
    Oliver

Xtreme Member
    well he has the x-pro 460watt with dual rail 12v amps in total of 30a amps so its powerful enough
    Let us know how he goes with these bios tweaks’

Xtreme Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by OnLine
    Well - after further testing - I wonder if Vnb mod helps at all because dual prime always errors out after ~4 hours in OC mode.
    Stock speed works, but that's not fun.
    Hm I guess I could OC 5% ...

I can bench at FSB315[+] with the mods in place but ... I still can't get this Asrock 775Dual-VSTA board to OC 10% and maintain 100% stability , that's it!! Mem craps out. Maybe my mobo sample has a weak mem controller!?

DDR333 setting or flex option isn't for me but I guess I could try 2T.

----

That Gigabyte board is a real good, but the price is not.

This board is interesting; with the right bios it could be a real gem!

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/cat.php?id=6

Last edited by Alchemist; 10-09-2006 at 08:59 AM.

well we are going to try it tomorrow and see what luck we have :P

Xtreme Member

Smile

well we are going to try it tomorrow and see what luck we have :P
    All the best with it.

online shame your ram isnt good enought to run 1:1 up to higher speeds because you get better memory bandwith running 1:1 rather than any other ratio even if your 200mhz slower for example

Xtreme Member
    online shame your ram isnt good enought to run 1:1 up to higher speeds because you get better memory bandwith running 1:1 rather than any other ratio even if your 200mhz slower for example
    Well, DDR400 ( actually a 3:4 divider ) at 2.5 3 3 8 1T works nicely up to FSB285-290 but beyond this speed I need to lax something if I insist to use this divider. Beyond FSB300 I need to use 3 4 4 10 2T if I insist to use DDR400 and want this setup dual prime stable.

CPC 1T instead of 2T counts for ~10 FSB's ( ~100MHz ).
    2.5 3 3 8 instead of 3 4 4 10 counts for ~10 FSB's ( ~100MHz ).
    Roughly speaking!
    DDR333 mem speed ( the 3:5 divider ) is - like You say - pretty crap and flexibility option also provides poor performance ( maybe even worse!!? ).

Now, if I can keep this setup 100% stable at 9x285 with 2GB mem at DDR400 @ 2.5 3 3 8 1T I'm actually not too disappointed.

That's a 7% OC!!!
    Last edited by OnLine; 10-10-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Xtreme Member

Thumbs up Asrock 775Dual-VSTA Hits 340FSB Wow

Hey Online Mallet has hit 340FSB Unbelievable; he’s maxed out the bios FSB!!

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=340vf1.jpg

Xtreme Member
    Unbelievable!!!

My sample, well she's is not too friendly and I've now lost my 7% OC!
    Back to the drawing board or more likely back to stock speed.
    This mobo hates me ... and I hate back.

right we managed to get a boot at 3.42 but wasnt stable at all itunes erroed with along every program we tried to open aswell as prime95 had errors so had no luck with my friend

Xtreme Member

Cool

right we managed to get a boot at 3.42 but wasnt stable at all itunes erroed with along every program we tried to open aswell as prime95 had errors so had no luck with my friend
    Dude you have reached the MAX that this CPU will achieve in this board with stock voltage.

There is nothing wrong with the mobo that I can see, mine reached exactly the same value before I dropped it back to 3400 and then back to 3380 for very good stability.

Any further overclocking from here means a CPU pin volt mod.
    If that’s the way you want to go then, you’re going to need water cooling or something special for cooling.

If you want a pin mod guide, let me know.

i dont think that the cpu has hit its limits when im at my friends house again im going to try his cpu in my board and ill let him use my 920 to see what fsb the board will achive then we both got arctic frezzers and im running at 4ghz atm running 1:1 on my asus board reaching 55c load so not that bad eh

yes i would like to see the cpu pin mod does it work on all lga 775 cpu's varying from 5xx-9xx series ?

Xtreme Member

Smile

i dont think that the cpu has hit its limits when im at my friends house again im going to try his cpu in my board and ill let him use my 920 to see what fsb the board will achive then we both got arctic frezzers and im running at 4ghz atm running 1:1 on my asus board reaching 55c load so not that bad eh

yes i would like to see the cpu pin mod does it work on all lga 775 cpu's varying from 5xx-9xx series ?
    This CPU in this board with the low voltage it provides, has reached its maximum but give it more voltage and it will go to 4 GHz +.
    The problem here is the boards low voltage power supply and lack of extra voltage supply features in the bios.
    Yes the CPU can go higher if you give it more voltage hence the pin volt mod.

Guide
    http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=3931

Dicussion
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=89038

Xtreme Member

Smile Bandwidth Bullet

Quote Originally Posted by OnLine
    Unbelievable!!!

My sample, well she's is not too friendly and I've now lost my 7% OC!
    Back to the drawing board or more likely back to stock speed.
    This mobo hates me ... and I hate back.
    This new setting is a magic bullet for extra memory bandwidth according to everyone that’s used it!

In the Bios find
    Advanced Host Conf:
    Pipeline DRQCTL - Enabled It

Thanks to Oliver for finding this out.

Try it and you should be Amazed, it’s a huge boost.

In the 1.8 & 1.9 bios it's under the chipset section 2 below the memory command rate option

Do a memory bandwith test first with it disable and then enable it.
    You wont be dissapointed :smileysex

ENJOY

Last edited by Alchemist; 10-13-2006 at 04:00 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast