Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #1 QMC...counting down the days

Ker-Pow !
    Dunno seems that Im down on production and Im unable to remote in. Hopefully its just a net connection thats gone down.

I have a feeling with QMC that its long WUs, they may have just dumped etc.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Dunno seems that Im down on production and Im unable to remote in. Hopefully its just a net connection thats gone down.

I have a feeling with QMC that its long WUs, they may have just dumped etc.
    One of my QMC boxes has 2 GIANT wu's. One is 36 hrs and the other 48
    It was odd to see just two wu's listed in que, as I keep a two day que. I thought something was broke
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

Looks like Ive lost a DX for the moment..... :-(
    Well i had a scare myself. Lappy and one DX ... one word.... Trojan.Lootseek

Ker-Pow !
    Problem is I have no access to fix any problems. Im hoping its a power cut/internet outage and it will be back on soon.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    Well i had a scare myself. Lappy and one DX ... one word.... Trojan.Lootseek
    Sounds a bit nasty, I've got some OS hardening to do soon - I've been putting it off for a while but this reminds me. Might add my spare firewall router behind my adsl router too, might take some tweaking but you can't have too many firewalls

My P4 w/HT has got hold of two biggies here, 37hrs gone, 22hrs to go.

Ker-Pow !
    I run Mcafee version 8 Corp on all my systems. Cant remember the last time I had a virus.

I run Mcafee version 8 Corp on all my systems. Cant remember the last time I had a virus.

See.. in my old place, i used to have all systems run through my main rig, then out to the world. Main rig was kinda like a fortress...
    Now I have totally wireless network... but.. all systems point towards the laptop which is attached to the modem. I didn't have any antivirus on the crunchers.... simply because their internet activity is close to nonexistant... and certainly not 24/7.
    However, Symantec Corporate Edition V10 is on them now. Thats virus I had was sending (or trying to send) millions of emails all around the place. Packet sniffed the NIC adapters all the time ... so i reviewed the CAP files after I got rid of the viruses... I was like Holy Schitt.

EDIT: All the emails had subject "Hi" and that was it...
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 10-05-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah Vscan 8 corp is good stuff, we use that for customers at work; very few problems in general. I used to install AVG & ZoneAlarm on all my machines, but I noticed BOINC thrashes the ZA (when it talks to localhost I guess ) & I eventually dropped AVG too.

Having a network of bare-naked w2k boxes is a bit of a worry This is why I'm making an IDS win2k box & thinking about throwing another firewall in front of my machines.

Jimwah... Boinc is ok with my ZA? I just set up rules to allow its little play with itself ie localhost.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah BOINC would run ok, but it just annoyed me having that green bar flashing up & down in the taskbar constantly iirc. The whole network needs downing, dusting out, & standardising here; it's just a case of getting round to it. I'll stick to hardware firewall's but I'm considering putting AV back on, just in case. The packet sniffer I'm setting up is running to some degree, on a box thats trying to run Primegrid, need to play with it some more to get the web interface & rules working 100%; fun & games

Ker-Pow !
    I just run thru a NAT firewall, minimal open ports. MCafee corp and thats it. I use firefox all the time so no probs with spyware and I onyl download from the Usenet . Cant help but feel most of the software out there is overkill.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I hit 250k And we've made some ground on the #1 spot in the last few days - some of my rigs will head back over to folding again for now, until I go on holiday next week anyway.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Reconnected 2 DX's in a closet (computer room/office is cleaned out for move) so heat is a problem. First DX dumps got me past TWB, other DX dumps (4 70hour WU's) should get my teabag in range of Jimwah.

After we get #1 in QMC, I'll switch some netburst® over to SoB. Currently I only have a 3.2 lappy plodding along.
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

Ker-Pow !
    Well seems like I missed a bit this weekend, congrats to Jimwah on the 250k and congrats on paladin !!!

Well done Jimwah. {tear in eye} you done us proud soldier!

Xtreme Cruncher
    It won't take you long to get that 'bag in range now Paladin, nice output.

Thanks twb & riptide, I see things are going the way of XTT over on SoB too, I'm off to have a cup of tea to celebrate

Yes... they'll be shiny red faces around here... its amazing the colour you can get from hot tea. Must be the steam coming off...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Congrats to jimwah for 250k, KB for 750k and SS for 500k! :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a milestones thread too.

Finally got my 4400+ back to action. Now one of my 'hoes is missing connection, so bigger dumps coming every few days.

btw this post at QMC forum is pretty funny

Xtreme Cruncher
    Cheers mtzki - gratz to yourself as you reach the half million mark My output here's going to take a dive as I throw everything at folding for week before my holiday downtime - my work machine will stay on since it's been up & crunching QMC for ~80days non stop, it seems to like it so it can stay on here.

Xtreme Cruncher
    IC... we got one finnish big-gunner wandering here

BTW: Cheers jimwah again an another milestone for you Shait it could be inevitable you to fold me as well

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00p
    BTW: Cheers jimwah again an another milestone for you Shait it could be inevitable you to fold me as well
    Thanks sc00p. It may be quite a long way off, but it's inevitable for sure I've got to try & pass at least one Fin in one of these projects

Xtreme Cruncher
    sc00p (and jimwah tho i don't really hope that you succeed )

There aren't many Finns crunching for XS it seems.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The 70 hour jobbers finally pushed out today. 8.3k dump, can't say I liked being computationally constipated for that long.
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

Xtreme Cruncher
    Grats to Paladin for 1M total Boinc and 300k QMC!
    (1M recently according to this: http://stats.kwsn.net/team.php?proj=all&teamid=38614)

SS, i'm getting close!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice crunchin, mtzki!

Unfortunately, I have everything running QMC that can run QMC as it doesnt support an OSX client. That, and my production has been hurt recently by my electrical problems. I'll have to try to bump up my clocks a bit. It wont stop you, but I'll give you a good fight.

-SS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast