Thread: Creative X-Fi compatiable w/ analog Klipsch 5.1?

Creative X-Fi compatiable w/ analog Klipsch 5.1?

As shown in the title, I have some 4 year old analog Klipsch 5.1 speakers. They use the general Green / Orange / Black inputs that you find on such speakers.

The reason im asking is because I haven't kept up with new speakers so much and realize that some are now all digital and use a single output only into the soundcard or some coax spdif thing.

I'm looking at this one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102188
    and see 4 inputs

Can someone describe to me what each one is used for now, because they aren't color-coded I want to be sure before I buy that I will be able to use it appropriately with my Klipsch

Thanks in advance guys!

Xtreme Addict
    Xifi has analog outputs also.

Thanks mate,

Anyone know what the extra input is then? SPIDF? Mic? :P

Xtreme Addict
    1 mic
    2 front l/r
    3 rear l/r
    4 subw

Xtreme Member
    I have the same setup - Klipsch 5.1s THX on an X-Fi. Incredible sound man.
    Got a question for you. Have you ever had to have your units AMP (in the sub) sent in for repair becuase your front/rear speakers quit working. Headphone mode works fine.?

Xtreme Addict
    I returned under warranty the amp section 3 times, for 4 units total in my hands. All of them died and after the 4th one I just gave up.

Mind you, I like the Klipsch sound, and ended up with the little Promedia Ultra 2.0's, 1 of which died but the other pair has now been going like a champ for long enough I think it'll last. All but the very first 5.1 set have been on a quality UPS, to eliminate power issues.

I think the amps are better now than they used to be, but they did use to be the "weak" point of Klipsch promedia sets. It "appears" to have improved, in my experience.

Anemone - thanks bud, that helps clear that up for me.

My sig says I have a P5W-DH, but I really have a Gigabyte DQ6, and its onboard sound is really crappy with the klipsch 5.1s; you have to turn on these Realtek HD's "DTS NEO PC" mode to get music and such to play out of all the speakers at once, and this totally redirects different pitches and destroys the rear speaker quality into a mushy watery noise... Less than pleasing :\

The other advanced Dolby Digital emulation settings only work if the speakers were digital and "hooked up through the spidf input"

Khaotic - I think I am quite lucky; I picked these suckers up like I said, 4 years ago, just 6 months or so after they hit our shelves when I worked at circuit city. Theyve travelled thousands of miles to different appartments and dorms ive lived in. Both front speakers have severe battlescars from falling 6 feet onto a hard floor several times in my old dorm

But, i've never had anything go defective yet *knocks on wood*, I certainly got my money's worth at $220 back then, even got the extended warranty which has since expired :P