Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG, DDR2 prices have really skyrocketed!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTU_XaVier
    Wonder what could justify such a significant price-jump... 130% at once, just doesn't seem right...

Have a story as well, ordered a 2gig set of Corsair PC6400 Cas5 RAM in august, for ~220€... Now they're almost 370€

Best Regards
    Here is my 2 cents.
    Many Dram manufacturers shift their production lines to flash memory due its continuesly growing market, that cause lack of production on DDRI and DDRII IC's. Plus big oem like DELL, HP, Compaq, and etc... started to refill their inventory for holiday season (Q4) from Q3, that's the demand driven.
    HIGH DEMAND AND LOW SUPPLIES. No wonder it went up that much. We have been getting a lot of complaints and we are trying our best to keep our MSRP as low as possible.
    Please visit Team Group's forum at http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/forums/
    For RMA problem please email rma@teamgroup.com.tw
    For Trouble shooting problem pls email xtreemtech@teamgroup.com.tw

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamUSOffice
    Here is my 2 cents.
    Many Dram manufacturers shift their production lines to flash memory due its continuesly growing market, that cause lack of production on DDRI and DDRII IC's. Plus big oem like DELL, HP, Compaq, and etc... started to refill their inventory for holiday season (Q4) from Q3, that's the demand driven.
    HIGH DEMAND AND LOW SUPPLIES. No wonder it went up that much. We have been getting a lot of complaints and we are trying our best to keep our MSRP as low as possible.
    Exactly.

Here's a Reuters story from a few weeks ago about the stock levels being at a 20 month low. Link
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamUSOffice
    Here is my 2 cents.

So from what you said, I take it prices should go down in the near future again?
    From what I read, it doesnt seem that mem will be cheaper any time soon. Hope thats wrong.
    Was just about to buy another stick of G.Skill HZ. They were 110$, a few days later 120$, a week later 130$ and a day later 140$ :/ Edit: LMAO , just looked, its 150$ now

THe funny thing I wonderd about that it seems lile all shops raised the price at once and I dont seem to believe that they ran all out of stock at the exact same time.
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 09-18-2006 at 11:11 PM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

YouTube Addict
    Tis the season for to be sold out too darn soon
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member

Abit IP35 Pro
    Tuniq Tower
    Q6600 G0 @ 3600mhz
    Ballistix Tracer 6400
    X1900xt 512
    Silverstone 650 Zeus

Xtreme Addict
    dram is a commodity much like other items. I'm not sure how people can think prices can continually go down. I know that's a general trend, but it's like there's a conspiracy against the consumer if pricing goes up. Mushkin, OCZ, Team etc... They have no control over it, yet people act like they are stealing $$$ from them.
    it's never fast enough!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    jwbfsjhbgfsjh i just sold my pc for a 10 dollar lost and was looking to buy a faster one and now ram has skyrockted! im gonna hold out until they go down agian.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wasn't there a price fixing scandal in the RAM industry a while back? Could they be so brazen as to try it again? IIRC - I saw some news somewhere that the manufacturing process for RAM was influenced heavily by the cost of energy - might be related.
    Bloodrage || 920 @ 3.2Ghz || TRUE Black
    3x 2GB HyperX 2000 || @ 2000Mhz 7.7.7
    2x 300GB WD VR Raid 0 || 2x 2TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
    LG 10x BD-R || LG 22x DVD/RW
    MSI GE 470 || LG 246WP
    Sonar X-Fi || Klipsch 5.1
    Lycosa || Mamba || Exact Mat
    CM ATCS 840 || Seasonic M12D
    Server 2008 R2 x64

I think its topping out lately. I bought some g.skill about 2 weeks ago for 290 and now its 270.

Prior to that I had tried some corsair I got for 229 and when I sent them back (didn't work) and went to write a review at newegg I saw them for 320 bucks! Great googly moogly!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow the TeamXtremes I got from tankguys went from 255 to 277
    damn...
    i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.335v [ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe]
    8gb gskill ripjaws f3-12800cl8-8gbxm
    600gb velociraptor + 1TB black
    MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II + x-fi xtrememusic
    corsair hx-620w + lian li pc201b + dell 2408fpw
    d-tek fuzion1/ddc2 + petra top/thermochill pa120.3

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8golf
    Wasn't there a price fixing scandal in the RAM industry a while back? Could they be so brazen as to try it again? IIRC - I saw some news somewhere that the manufacturing process for RAM was influenced heavily by the cost of energy - might be related.
    yeah.. the price fixing was artificially lowering prices to get rambus out iirc?
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Cruncher
    i'm glad i got mine before all the ddr2 boards launch. My pair of HZ's is now $269! And that's with $40 instant saving! damn that is crazy..I got it back in July for $239.
    For all your cooling needs: ShopPTS.com
    System:
    Rampage Formula // E8400 @ 4.0 (1.28v)
    4x 1GB Ballistix Tracer @ 600 (5-5-5-15)
    4x 74GB Raptors 16MB Raid-0 // Samsung F1 1TB
    eVGA 8800GTS 512MB @ 800/1111/2000
    Corsair HX620 // LG246WP
    Cooling:
    D-TEK FuZion // PA120.3 // 3x Yate Loon SH
    MCW60GT // EK Multi-150 // DDC-2 + Petra's Top

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12