Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: !UPDATE! abit AW9D-Max (retail) arrived

Xtreme X.I.P.
    My appologies,

I hope I am wrong, I did understand your post. It's just that I'm getting so used to seeing 370-380 regardless of memory divider on these 975 boards. Don't get me wrong, I'm still expecting this board to hit the mid 450's, it should at least hit that with 1:1 or 4:3, I sure hope it does anyway..

regards and good luck.
    Raja

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicness
    Ok guys, here's my status ...

This board is a charm to clock with 2 rather big exceptions:
    1.) I can't use 1:1 RAM divider. No matter which other settings I use, it wont boot. I'm forced to use 4:5.
    2.) I can't change multis in BIOS. It's possible with Crystal CPUID in Win, but still my RAM holds me back due to the not working divider.

The maximum I can run now is about 9x370, with my RAM running at 920 or so with 2,3V. Anything above will crash sooner or later.

A BIOS update might be able to fix this problems. Besides these issues, I really like this board.
    What chips are your OCZ sticks using? So you can't run your ram 1:1 even @ stock!?! I'm a bit puzzled by this. 370FSB is hardly an overclock for an enthusiast board. Whats the highest you can run your FSB 1:1? I hope I'm not being redundant.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raju
    I guess it needs a bios update from Abit. 370 is such a common occurence on these 975 boards unless the chipset is manipulated. Hopefully someone at Abit can get jiggly with the bios code and open up the ram timings and fsb...
    yes, Abit should open more ram timing like tRD and so on,and 1333 strap as well

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis
    What chips are your OCZ sticks using? So you can't run your ram 1:1 even @ stock!?! I'm a bit puzzled by this. 370FSB is hardly an overclock for an enthusiast board. Whats the highest you can run your FSB 1:1? I hope I'm not being redundant.
    No idea what chips my sticks use, but I'm pretty sure this is not the RAMs problem. See, I can't run 1:1 with any CPU setting, no matter if stock or oced. But the RAM runs fine with 4:5 divider, on it's stock 800 as well as 950smth. The RAM runs fine, it's just that the board's 1:1 wont allow me to boot. No matter which settings I use.
    Problems with your OCZ product? Please drop me a mail or a PM and we'll solve it
    Du bevorzugst Support auf Deutsch? Hier geht's zum deutschen OCZ Support Forum.

Xtreme Member
    This is interesting.. coolaler was able to use 1:1, but wonder does the early production sample, and his CPU being an extreme ed ES make a diff?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWY
    This is interesting.. coolaler was able to use 1:1, but wonder does the early production sample, and his CPU being an extreme ed ES make a diff?
    No idea. If it's a RAM compatibility problem after all, it'd be a strange one.
    Problems with your OCZ product? Please drop me a mail or a PM and we'll solve it

Xtreme Addict
    Sicness,

In the OC Guru section where it says "-N/B Strap CPU As PSB1066" is this setting adjustable? There has to be some setting thats being missed. No way should this board not run 1:1 on the memory. That would be a total dissapointment.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101

Xtreme Member
    Sicness,

In the OC Guru section where it says "-N/B Strap CPU As PSB1066" is this setting adjustable? There has to be some setting thats being missed. No way should this board not run 1:1 on the memory. That would be a total dissapointment.
    Yes, it is adjustable. I'm using 1066. That's what turns out if I set "By CPU" too.

Well thats exactly what i was askin myself cause if it is adjustable maybe its a good way to manipulate the latencies on the nortbridge caused by different Strap Settings which would be a really good option then dont you agree? ^^
    Less i have, the more i gain.

Xtreme Addict
    try setting to psb 800 or 533 and see ifyou can go 1:1 on your memory.
    Praetor

The Yamato

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZer0
    Well thats exactly what i was askin myself cause if it is adjustable maybe its a good way to manipulate the latencies on the nortbridge caused by different Strap Settings which would be a really good option then dont you agree? ^^
    Yes indeed, it would be a great option. I'm hoping Asus implements something like this in their future bios releases. I meant no 1:1 on ram would be a disapointment.
    Praetor

The Yamato

Xtreme Member
    With PSB 533, the only choice is 1:2. With PSB 800, I can choose between 3:5, 3:4 and 1:2. As for 1066, there's 1:1 (which doesn't work), 4:5 (which I'm on) and 2:3.

Xtreme Member
    this board looks like a dud to me.

Xtreme Member
    Just tested with just one stick of RAM, still no go. Looking forward to tonight, some other guy over at hardwareluxx.de got this AW9D-Max today and will be testing then. Wondering if he'll face the same problems.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ Sicness:

Pack the board up and send it to me. I will pay shipping [/desperate mode off]

Hehe - congrats Mate, very nice to be 1 of the 1st guys to have one of the retail versions. Hang on a short while, I am very sure Abit will bring out a decent Bios that will address some of the smaller issues.

Good luck, and congrats again - needless to say I am green

Br,
    MrBean.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBean
    @ Sicness:

Pack the board up and send it to me. I will pay shipping [/desperate mode off]

Hehe - congrats Mate, very nice to be 1 of the 1st guys to have one of the retail versions. Hang on a short while, I am very sure Abit will bring out a decent Bios that will address some of the smaller issues.

Good luck, and congrats again - needless to say I am green

Br,
    MrBean.
    Thanks, but right now I'd prefer not to be a guinea pig :P

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, but right now I'd prefer not to be a guinea pig :P
    Have you tried a higher tRD and tRFC value to get the FSB higher? Is DDR920 usual for your RAM because it seems low.

As with Mr Bean, I'll gladly be your guinea pig substitute

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLi_dog
    Have you tried a higher tRD and tRFC value to get the FSB higher? Is DDR920 usual for your RAM? I'm not sure but it seems low.

As with Mr Bean, I'll gladly be your guinea pig substitute
    I'm running 5-5-5-13 already. 920 might not be the maximum, and honestly I don't know of what this is cappable of since I haven't had any chance to kick em with my previous Asrock board. There might be headroom for maybe 40-100 more Mhz, neither would show what this board is cappable of.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZer0
    Sicness,

See Coolaler's preview here.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhero
    this board looks like a dud to me.
    Too sad i have to agree with you...
    Asus P5K Premium//Intel E6600@3,6ghz//Corsair PC6400C3@500 4-4-4-12 2,2v//8800GTS G92//Audigy 2 ZS//SeaSonic M12 700W & LianLi V2000B

Xtreme Member
    I'm running 5-5-5-13 already. 920 might not be the maximum, and honestly I don't know of what this is cappable of since I haven't had any chance to kick em with my previous Asrock board. There might be headroom for maybe 40-100 more Mhz, neither would show what this board is cappable of.
    So can you push the FSB higher? I'm really interested in this board for it's voltage capabilities

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ^don.k's^
    Remember that it's just me, neither Anandtech nor coolaler reported problems with 1:1. With this issue fixed, I'm pretty sure this board can fly.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ^don.k's^
    AMD Opteron 148 CABYE 0543 FPBW || DFI LanParty nF4 SLI-DR AD0
    2x 512MB OCZ PC3500 Limited Edition Winbond BH-5 || 2x 512MB Corsair PC3200LL V1.1 Winbond BH-5 || 1x 256MB Mushkin PC3500 LV2 Winbond BH-5
    SAPPHIRE X800GTO2 @ 16P 600/570, Voltmodded, GPU=1,7V/VDD/VDDQ=2,3V
    Zippy PSL-6720P(G1) GAMING ,POWER - I love it!

Xtreme Member
    It's not a good sign that you cant run the memory 1:1. I just don't understand how companies can hype something to death and then not test it to make sure it perfoms basic functionality. How stupid would it be to ship this board with a bios that can't run 1:1. Wake up Abit!!

I hope it's just a bad board.
    "Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

Xtreme Gaming News
    People in this forum crack me up, everyone is so eager to dismiss any piece of hardware on the first hour of testing by a single person.
    I'm back....

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast