Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dpad

Dpad

DPAD stats are back working now so i feel a little better speaking about DPAD now.

There was 2 people crunching recently on this team (me included). This project is IDEAL for comps that have no or limited internet connection.

(Wes, i'm thing about you here. Having a few boxes idling away 'cos of dial up?)

I believe it is the easiest project to sneakernet and is pretty much hands free.

I've had a nice little start on this and at poresent have 2 x 3.0Ghz P4s 24/7 (3.2Ghz and other is stock ) and a part time 2.8 Ghz Lappy (stock HP's are so loud)

Particle/high energy physics was my one of favourite classes at college so I'm happy

Free :banana::banana::banana::banana: in here! Click Me!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide
    Free :banana::banana::banana::banana: in here! Click Me!
    Hey, where's the :banana::banana::banana::banana:!
    I tried finding " Debbie does a Particle Beam" but it wasn't listed.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    lmao..

Tiptide, i'll look into it
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    Hey, where's the :banana::banana::banana::banana:!
    I tried finding " Debbie does a Particle Beam" but it wasn't listed.
    Ha ha. I had made the first post... nobody replied at all...

Then I make that post above and they all come rushing in... and guess who gets in first? Yes... Dirty Old Dave looking for :banana::banana::banana::banana:! ha ha!

Debbie does a particle beam... funny guy!

Bump for members. (And friends)

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Hey RiP: I thought your favorite college subject was surfing and the art of making tea
    Well my real favourite college subject was surfing beer and lady waves! I used to actually sleep a lot in college. Sit up right in front of the lecturer sometimes and nod off... right in front of his face.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ok I'm giving DPAD another run to see what my p4 accomplishes, Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit reckons it can do 17K a day . Anyone know if this is an intel or amd friendly project? or if celeries are of any use on it?

Also do I have to put the [XS] tag infront of my user when signing up the client or just use melymel2789?
    Last edited by [XC]melymel; 10-22-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    Ok I'm giving DPAD another run to see what my p4 accomplishes, Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit reckons it can do 17K a day . Anyone know if this is an intel or amd friendly project? or if celeries are of any use on it?

Also do I have to put the [XS] tag infront of my user when signing up the client or just use melymel2789?
    infront or behind. Doens't matter. Do you not have the client installed already? I will have a P4 3.0Ghz stock and I think that was giving me 13-15k a day. Whats Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit?

Xtreme Cruncher
    infront or behind. Doens't matter. Do you not have the client installed already? I will have a P4 3.0Ghz stock and I think that was giving me 13-15k a day. Whats Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit?
    Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit is like F@Hmon or BOINCview and is very usefull you can get it here: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MC.htm .

P.S. is it just for me that the stats seem awfull. They update when they feel like it and it appears my entire nights production has gone missing .
    Last edited by [XC]melymel; 10-23-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit is like F@Hmon or BOINCview and is very usefull you can get it here: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MC.htm .

P.S. is it just for me that the stats seem awfull. They update when they feel like it and it appears my entire nights production has gone missing .
    He he. read my first post here about the stats. Actually the stats are a little bit all over the place, but they always do come round. Stephen Whatshisname (guy that runs it) seems to have stats issues every so often, but by and large it works out fine. Mely, are you gonna try take me on for Numero Uno! I've only got a little old p4 3gig on this.

Xtreme Cruncher
    He he. read my first post here about the stats. Actually the stats are a little bit all over the place, but they always do come round. Stephen Whatshisname (guy that runs it) seems to have stats issues every so often, but by and large it works out fine. Mely, are you gonna try take me on for Numero Uno! I've only got a little old p4 3gig on this.
    That's good to hear as long as I get my points eventually I'll be happy . I was thinking about challenging you for the lead but then I remembered you now have a fleet of xeons and p4's and this p4 is all I have that's any good at DPAD . I'll see if I can find a few more but at about the 10K a day I'm doing now you shouldn't have to worry for a long time .

That's good to hear as long as I get my points eventually I'll be happy . I was thinking about challenging you for the lead but then I remembered you now have a fleet of xeons and p4's and this p4 is all I have that's any good at DPAD . I'll see if I can find a few more but at about the 10K a day I'm doing now you shouldn't have to worry for a long time .
    Baaaah..... I only have one P4 3.0Ghz allocated to this project. the reason been its my work PC and the internet is locked down good. No open ports to use, and its all protected. i can't even access Free-DC anymore form here and I'm surprised they haven't locked out these forums yet.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is it just me, or does DPAD automatically use all cores? I have it installed on my 2.4ghz X2 and Task Manager is reporting it using 99% of CPU. I haven't seen something using 99% on this machine for a LONG time.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Riptide,
    Can you shoot me a PM on how to set this up?
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's pretty easy. I don't think that you even need to set-up a user or anything.

Just create a user.txt file in the folder that you run DPAD out of, and put in WesM63[XS] (if you're going to be using WesM63, if XSTM, then XS_The_Machine[XS]) and either run it through command prompt with muon1_cmdline.bat or in the background with muon1_background.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    Is it just me, or does DPAD automatically use all cores? I have it installed on my 2.4ghz X2 and Task Manager is reporting it using 99% of CPU. I haven't seen something using 99% on this machine for a LONG time.
    Yes.! Same with HT on a P4 It takes it all over. Very aggressive approach in my opinion. Just adjust the priorities and affinity for your liking

Wes- Since your on dialup, do you want me to send details on no-internet setup or internet setup?

Anyways I'll make this public for everyone to see, if thats ok.. any questions then send PM ok with you?

1) Download the compressed folder v443d.rar from the dl section of the muon1 website. Extract said archive.

2) First off users.txt file. Put in your name either followed or trailed by [XS]

Mine for example is [XS]riptide

Thats it... when you upload results later ... you will be on the team.

3) If you have no internet (or slow dialup, Wes ) but you can upload in your own time or from work on a memory stick (US: Thumb drive )
    Run the batch file 'config_nonet.bat'
    If you have net run the batch 'config_net.bat'
    Now on to the config file. I'm gonna attach mine in this post. It is setup for no-net/sneakernetting. Most of the options are self explanatary anyways, but its quicker to copy/paste my file
    You can leave the config file alone if you have 'always on' net.

And thats it... run either muon1.exe if you want to see the schitt happening on screen. Looks good by the way. Pretty project.
    But run muon1_background for well.... background running.

Your reults will be generated into a results.txt and copied to a results.dat file.

Now for sneakernetting the results back up... copy the folder totally onto a pendrive. And when you want to upload results... you transfer (cut and paste) the results.txt file to the pendrive folder everytime, and off you go to a DSL connection or whatever and run manualsend.bat

. PS: it still works ok on dialup, but if you have always on at work... use that.

Config.txt

Config.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xtreme Cruncher
    Riptide, I'm comin' for ya!
    Last edited by [XC] DragonOrta; 10-25-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Cool, i got a couple of machines I can run it on here at home.

Sempy 3100+, A64 3400+, Duron 1.2ghz and 2x P4 1.7ghz.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    Riptide, I'm comin' for ya!
    Dragon, should you come close.... I'll open the jets... in your face.. ha ha! Damn I think I'm talking tough in too many projects. Need more power!!

Wes.... bring it on! I knew you had unharnessed power. And this project ideal.

EDIT: I'd like also to take this oppurtunity to thank Carlos (Empeppe from Free-DC) on the various bits of help he gave me with setting up a few projects like DPAD and SOB etc.
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 10-26-2006 at 04:22 AM.

Wes - I don't see you. Stop nOObing around and get your name here

Dragon... nice points... keep going!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm working on it Its running on one of the P4's I just havn't uploaded anything yet.. i'll do that tonight when i get home from work.. which should be shortly.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Quote Originally Posted by WesM63
    I'm working on it Its running on one of the P4's I just havn't uploaded anything yet.. i'll do that tonight when i get home from work.. which should be shortly.
    I knew you wouldn't let us down

Xtreme Cruncher
    Never!!

I plan on getting it installed on the other machines this weekend. Gotta upgrade to Server 2003 on my file server that way i can Remote Desktop to it. (no kb/mouse). The other machines, just need the files copied and ran.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast