Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The latest best from Super Talent --> T1000UX2G4 OCing Report <-- C2D & AM2 tested!!!

Xtreme Member
    nice review.....i am jealous now. need to contact ST to get a sample. again well done bachus_anonym.

Xtreme Member
    Looks like these arent available at EWiz anymore. Too bad I was very interested in picking up a pair.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hey guys! I'm back again with a CAS3 update on SocketAM2 setup, plus a short introduction of EPP profiles on T1000UX2G4. Check out an updated post #3

To answer few questions, I've also noticed that Ewiz does no longer list even those single 1GB modules, that gundamit linked to. I was actually a bit surprised when I saw that, instead of a full 2GB kit. From what I have looked around, these are now only available in UK and Australia (Ninetek has stock). I was hoping that US would have them available first, though.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    and Australia (Ninetek has stock).
    pukes
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    Hey Bandwidth addicts
    Just a heads up. the link on the front page to this thread is a bad link. Notified the administrator by email.

Asdie from that, awesome memory.
    MSI Big Bang XPower
    Core i7 930 @ 3.38 Ghz
    6 x 2GB Patriot DDR3 1600
    XFX Double D 7850
    Therltake Toughpower 1200
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    OCZ Revodrive 3 120GB
    Corsair 700D
    Dell 2405FPW
    W7 Pro 64 bit

ummm....somethings wrong here. there website says... 4-5-4-15...did they change the memory???

I see in a screenshot now the spd says 4-5-4-15
    Last edited by POWER350; 09-30-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I have some DDR800 and I think they are really good.

I wish I could have bought the DDR1000 ones they look awesome , also thankyou very much for the review.

Admin
    Great review BA

Super Talent has been steep in prices in previous days Have you got any prices on this memory?
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Nice looking ram I really like the heat spreaders

Core 2 Duo E6400 l EVGA 680i A1 l Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC8500 l XFX 8800GTS l WD Caviar SE16 500gb l Tagen Turbojet U96 900w

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by qdemn7
    Just a heads up. the link on the front page to this thread is a bad link. Notified the administrator by email. Asdie from that, awesome memory.
    Oh, link has been fixed the day you pointed that out, but I just forgot to reply here Thanks for heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc
    Great review BA Super Talent has been steep in prices in previous days Have you got any prices on this memory?
    Honestly I have no idea what the story is on this, Ron. Last time I emailed SuperTalent about it I was told that availability will be very limited due to Micron ICs supply issues. From what I have seen, none of US stores have it and I found it listed ONLY, as mentioned earlier, in Australia (Ninetek) and UK (PowerChargers).

I think I will drop ST a line again and check if there is any progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiconx3
    Nice looking ram I really like the heat spreaders
    They are damn bright, aren't they? I also like it...

Thanks for interest in this little review, guys

so we cannot get the T1000UX2G4 right now. newegg has the corsair twin2x2048-6400c3 in stock now. but it is $499.00 !!!....on the other hand the T800UX2G4 is available at $309.00....similar timmings. dunno which one to get. don't want to waste 200 bigones on a tad bit of performace. any suggestions? I am torn between the two...have the money for either....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Top notch work, Bachus. Very informative and presented spectacularly.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_knowitall15
    MUST....HAVE!!!!!! those are pretty sweet numbers for the ram, and they are blue! my favorite color for PC parts!!!! when/where/how much can they be had for?
    ew, blue? this dull blue would look pretty bad against my OCZ... but it isn't the looks that makes this thing so kick ass, lol.
    -----------------Main Setup-----------------
    Processor: Intel C2D E4600ES @ 3.4 Ghz
    Motherboard: Abit AW9D-Max
    Heatsink: Cooler Master GeminII HSF
    Graphics Card: eVGA 6800GS 515//1320 (hacked SLI)
    RAM: 2x 1Gb GeIL Ultra UDCA= DDR2 800Mhz cas 4
    RAM: 2x 1Gb Crucial Tenth Anniversary DDR2 667Mhz cas 3
    Hard Drive (Primary): 1 x 200Gb Seagate EIDE
    Hard Drive (Secondary): 1 x Seagate 160GB SATA
    Hard Drive (Secondary): 1 x Seagate 300Gb SATAII
    DVD-RW Drive: 1 x Lite-on CD-RW/DVD-RW
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq 500W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for the nice review, bachus.

But I, for one, am getting really tired of these DDR2 low latency paper launches. Everyone can blame Micron IC (Corsair is doing it too on their forums), but part of running a business is making honest and accurate representations about your ability to get a product to market. Funny how they always seem to get sticks to the extreme OCers and the review sites, but never to NewEgg.

Vaporware!
    <----- REST IN PEACE, KIT. 1993-2007.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by uclajd
    But I, for one, am getting really tired of these DDR2 low latency paper launches. Everyone can blame Micron IC (Corsair is doing it too on their forums), but part of running a business is making honest and accurate representations about your ability to get a product to market. Funny how they always seem to get sticks to the extreme OCers and the review sites, but never to NewEgg. Vaporware!
    You're right and I don't think anyone is going to be able to deny the fact that T1000UX2G4 has been quite impossible to come by. About 2 weeks ago, in response to my email, I was told pretty much what I have expected. From what I was informed a while ago, this kit is built with Micron's DDR2-800 parts (D9GKX) and these have been in extremely low supply for the past 2 months. Therefore shortage of T1000UX2G4. On the other hand, Super Talent's T800UX2GC4 (which used to be D9GKX) is quite available and that leads me to believe they switched to D9GMH (I believe it has been confirmed somewhere), which supply situation is a bit better, although not as great as many vendors would like it to be.

I was told, that as soon as they are able to buillt more of T1000UX2G4, it will be available at Newegg right away. As you noticed, other memory manufacturers are also having same problems with their fastest rated DDR2 lines (8000 or 8500 ), so this is an industry-wide shortage. Some manufacturers seem to switch to D9GMH for their high bins and maybe this is some sort of workaround at this moment...
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 10-26-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12