Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The latest best from Super Talent --> T1000UX2G4 OCing Report <-- C2D & AM2 tested!!!

Xtreme X.I.P.

Cool The latest best from Super Talent --> T1000UX2G4 OCing Report <-- C2D & AM2 tested!!!

Hey Bandwidth addicts

It's time for yet another OCing Report! This time, I'm going to take a close look at THE latest & greatest from Silicon Valley's SuperTalent - 2x1GB DDR2 kit T1000UX2G4. I'm sure SuperTalent is a company that many enthusiasts are familiar with, although it has not been "featured" in awful lot of XS members' results threads so far. I wanted to change that and bring a fresh feel to XB - variety is good, right? Thanks to folks at SuperTalent, I have received this kit for evaluation and will put it through some tests aimed to show its overclocking potentail. One thing I would like to point out here is, that although this new product has been announced on August 9th, I have not yet managed to find any e-tailer that would have it in stock and ready to ship. I looked at he list of all US resellers that are mentioned on their website and none of them have it listed at the time of writting this piece. I will get an official word from SuperTalent concerning availability of this part.

For those of you that would like to find a little background on SuperTalent, I will mention that this company has been in business of making memory products for over 20 years now. Research work and production takes place here in Sillicon Valley, in one of the largest and most advanced memory module manufacturing facilities in USA. Folks at HardwareSecrets.com have visited Super Talent's factory earlier this year and were taken on a tour - a must see article!

After this short introduction, it's time to take a look at some pretty pictures

As you can see, you really can't miss T1000UX2G4!!! Bright blue, cast aluminium heatspreader with embedded logo is a show-stopper! It has ridges that increase surface area and therefore offer better heat dissipation compared to a solution used before. This kit initiates a change of the heatspreader for a whole overclocking line of Super Talent's memory. For those interested in details on ICs used, T1000UX2G4 is built with Micron's 2.5ns DRAM components, also known as "D9GKX". This is the highest bin coming from Micron at this moment and the price of this kit clearly reflects that

Well, let's get with the the results, shall we?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    *** Testing on INTEL platform ***

Testbed Configuration
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 w/boxed cooler
    ASUS P5B Deluxe (Intel 965P), BIOS 0507 official & 0609 beta
    Super Talent T1000UX2G4 2x1024MB
    Single EVGA 7800GTX KO @ 490+40/1390, ForceWare 84.21, High Performance driver settings

This yet unmodded motherboard delivers DDR2 voltage up to 2.45v. Measured with a digital multimeter, it's almost spot on - reporting 2.47v when idle and stressed. For the purpose of this write-up, this is the maximum voltage being used. Note that, AiSuite (ASUS' own monitoring software shown on each screenshot) reports 2.45v in BIOS as 2.40v.

--- Part1: Overclocking @ rated 8-4-5-4.0 ---

BEST SHOT (benchable, but not "rock-stable") ---> DDR2-1170 @ 2.45v

SuperPi 32M.......................Dual SuperPI 32M

MAX ALL-STABLE ---> DDR2-1160 @ 2.45v

SuperPi 32M.......................Dual SuperPI 32M................ORTHOS LargeFFT...............Memtest For Windows

3DMark2001 & 3DM03.........3DMark05...........................3 DMark06..........................Aquamark3

Sandra 2007 Buffered.........Sandra 2007 Unbuffered......Everest Ultimate C&M..........WinRAR Benchmark

--- Part2: Overclocking @ 8-4-4-4.0 ---

BEST SHOT (benchable, but not "rock-stable") ---> DDR2-1120 @ 2.45v

MAX ALL-STABLE ---> DDR2-1080 @ 2.45v

SuperPi 32M.......................Dual SuperPI 32M................ORTHOS LargeFFT...............Memtest For Windows

3DMark2001 & 3DM03.........3DMark05...........................3 DMark06..........................Aquamark3

--- Part3: Overclocking @ 8-3-4-3.0 ---

MAX ALL-STABLE ---> DDR2-880 @ 2.45v

--- Part4: Overclocking @ 8-3-3-3.0 ---

BEST SHOT (benchable, but not "rock-stable") ---> DDR2-864 @ 2.45v

--- Part5: The Highest Frequency (SPi32M must pass) ---

BEST SHOT ---> DDR2-1200 10-5-5-5.0 @ 2.45v

SuperPi 32M

Xtreme X.I.P.
    *** Testing on AMD platform ***

Testbed Configuration
    AMD A64 AM2 3200+ "Orleans"
    M2N-SLI Deluxe(nForce570 SLI), BIOS 0307 official
    Super Talent T1000UX2G4 2x1024MB
    Single EVGA 7800GTX KO @ 490+40/1390, ForceWare 84.21, Performance driver settings

This mainboard has been volt-modded to provide higher DDR2 voltage (up to ~3.15v). However, for the purpose of this test, I have limited myself to only what stock, unmodded board could normally supply, which is maximum 2.50v in BIOS. Measuring actual voltage before board was vmodded, reported 2.51v. Therefore this is what I will be using for this part of my Report... High voltage treatment I'm saving for my other thread, that I have started earlier

--- Super Talent T1000UX2G4 and EPP

Super Talent joined few other memory manufacturers out there and implemented EPP with their new T1000UX2G4. For those of you not yet familiar with EPP, I will quote this short explanation:
    Jointly developed by Corsair and NVIDIA® as a new open memory standard, Enhanced Performance Profiles elevate memory performance by taking full advantage of the additional memory parameters (such as Command rate, memory voltage) that are now added to the unused portion of the JEDEC standard Serial Presence Detect (SPD). Enhanced Performance Profiles brings simplified overclocking success for entry enthusiasts, and access to more advanced memory specifications and a higher recovery point to hard-core overclockers.
    My testing platform, M2N-SLI Deluxe, doesn't support this feature, therefore I can't show you any BIOS shots or few tests to picture the way it works. But in short, EPP gives a little jump-start for those enthusiasts that are just making first steps into the art of overclocking. It allows to automatically adjust memory's performance level by selecting corresponding profile. All you need is a nForce590 SLI motherboard that supports it, e.g. ASUS M2N32-SLI or DFI LanParty NF590 SLI-MR2/G. Everest Ultimate Edition gives an option to look at 2 performance profiles that Super Talent provided for us on T1000UX2G4.

There is High Frequency profile (DDR2-1000 15-4-5-4.0-2T @ 2.3v) and High Performance profile (DDR2-800 12-4-5-5.0-2T @ 2.2v). I think, HP profile could actually use somewhat more aggressive approach (perhaps 10-3-4-4.0-2T).

--- Part1: Overclocking @ 8-4-4-4.0 ---

BEST SHOT (benchable, but not "rock-stable") ---> DDR2-1112 @ 2.51v

SuperPi 32M

MAX ALL-STABLE ---> DDR2-1100 @ 2.51v

SuperPi 32M.......................ORTHOS LargeFFT...............Memtest For Windows

Sandra 2007 Buffered.........Sandra 2007 Unbuffered......Everest Ultimate C&M..........WinRAR Benchmark

--- Part2: Overclocking @ 8-3-3-3.0 ---

BEST SHOT (benchable, but not "rock-stable") ---> DDR2-872 @ 2.51v

SuperPi 32M

MAX ALL-STABLE ---> DDR2-860 @ 2.51v

SuperPi 32M.......................ORTHOS LargeFFT...............Memtest For Windows

Xtreme X.I.P.
    *** Conclusion ***

When I first read about the details of upcoming Super Talent's T1000UX2G4 I knew they had just found an a ace up in their sleve! New heatspreader, EPP and DDR2-1000 rating at CAS4 signaled that Super Talent put a lot of effort and pride in it. I could not wait to put it through my testing and was almost sure that results will not dissapoint. I was right, T1000UX2G4 delivered very nice 16% headroom (DDR2-1160) in overclockability at rated 10-4-5-4.0 just by boosting voltage a little.

SuperTalent proved yet again that their new T1000UX2G4 is a top notch product that can satisfy the most demanding hardcore enthusiats, who do not settle for anything else than the best. The famous Latin frase by Julius Cesar fits and describes perfectly what Super Talent did with U1000UX2G4 - Veni, Vidi, Vici... - I came, I saw, I conquered

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Héhé, I look for your result with impatience
    I hope we will see some 2.8V action.

Comparing Intel and AM2 platform is very cute

Love and Peace!
    looking forward to see what they do on am2. past history with my k9n plat and p5wd2 is that micron d9gmh clocks about the same, but at much tighter timings on the am2 platform....
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Addict
    MUST....HAVE!!!!!! those are pretty sweet numbers for the ram, and they are blue! my favorite color for PC parts!!!! when/where/how much can they be had for?
    "Roses are FF0000, Violets are 0000FF, All my base are belong to you."
    Asus P6X58D-E
    I7 930 @ 3.9
    Asus 660ti DirectCU OC
    Antec Twelve-Hundred

uncore challenged...
    forget the amount of time you have put into those benches...nice freakin work BTW, but those Pi times are damn decent at the clocks you were spitting them out at. very nicely done BA...
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Excellent review!
    Looks like this took a lot of time.

YouTube Addict
    definitely looking forward to the Am2 testing
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    What an amazing review. Kudos to B_A for the crystal clear presentation as well as real-life performance. I was sort of tired of seeing single instance of SP runs of all those memory benches. Yes, I know this is XtremeSystems and I am not accusing anyone of showing only SP 1M. But some folks here are interest in not only SP 1M but also 24/7 stability, and reviews like this is 100 times more beneficial than a single instance 32M run with sky-high CPU frequencies.

Thanks again for this comprehensive and realistic review.
    I don't check my PMs very often.

Xtreme Member
    Them things are ugly... Hoping you make them look pretty on AM2!

Memory Addict
    nice ram there and nice report

P5B DX sure does bring out the best in memory oc'ing
    ---

Xtreme Member
    Very good review,your comprehensive and real world testing gives a true reflection of what these new modules are capable of for the average enthusiast buyer.Well done and thanks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    amazing simply amazing review

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Nice with some reviews

Hope you geet to keep it for you hardwork
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

excelent review, lots of ss
    AMD Opteron 146 cabye 0540fpbw @ 3.0ghz 1.5v' DFI nF4 SLI-DR 623-2' 2x512 Redline 4000 ' XFX 7900Gt ' 2xHitachi 80gb Sata II raid0 ' Ocz Powerstream 520w ' Thermalright XP120 w/sx 2 and delta 190cfm

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Thanks a lot guys
    It is indeed time consuming to test T1000UX2G4 on both platforms, but this kit is quite fun to play with, actually. I don't mind it at all as it was my idea that I had in mind for a few weeks now I'm slowly progressing with testing this kit on Socket AM2 platform and you can check out my 1st AM2 update ("Overclocking @ 8-3-3-3.0") in post #3.

As for availability, I have been informed today that two stores should have it in stock any day now - Ewiz in US and PowerChargers in UK. There will be a shortage of those for a first few weeks, due to rather tight supply of Micron 800MHz ICs, from what I was told.

Stay tuned for few more updates. I plan to have this OCing Report completed by Thursday Thanks a lot for interest and If you have any requests, just shoot!

Great report buddy! We can say that not only Gskill HZ can reach high clocks. 250$ for 2x1GB is a quite good price for that memories.

Xtreme Addict
    B_A you are the hardest working man on the memory side of the forums. Always so darn thorough. Even if you were also the fastest working man on the memory side of the forums it would still seem to add up to a lot of man hours. Your efforts are truly appreciated. The results are always great reference material.

Now that I have the portion of my post out of the way, a couple of questions. On your P5B did you have any issue with 1:1 fsb/memory issues? Some have mentioned a "no mans land" between 340 and 400. Maybe you only had time to test at 2:3. Clearly that divider showcases the memory best. I'm also wondering if you saw much difference in the memory performance going from 2.4v to 2.45v.

Sorry if my questions are a bit off topic. Are these the single sticks of the kit you tested?
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Xtreme Member
    This, I believe, is that data sheet form their site.

http://www.supertalent.com/SuperTale...2G4%20spec.pdf

Keep i t up BA! Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    That is one hell of alot of testing time you put into this, you sure earn your review RAM. Cheers bro.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    quite nice... gj ba

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow... theres alot of work there, good luk with the other testing...

Xtreme Member
    Nice stuff .... the design of the heatspreaders are just cool =D.

As for the rams itself ... fantastic overclockability.

Any idea how much this will retail at ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast