Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Dagorath at WCG forum

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan
    cancer WUs on the other hand were returning @much higher percentage for me, maybe 30-40% range. I suspect faster rigs are crunching mostly cancer with the relatively high RAM requirement. Probably our odds with the quorum are better running cancer project alone?
    i have only cancer WUs selected with the No Work available checked as well.
    Last edited by itznfb; 09-12-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan
    but aren't credits awarded also based on the amount of time the WU was crunched?
    As I understand it's basically credit = benchmark * time, with some factor correction of course. The idea is that a faster machine will have a proportionally higher benchmark for the less time it takes to crunch a work unit, so the credit claimed by both a fast and slow machine is the same, but of course the benchmark isn't the greatest at determining the actual performance.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I see Dagorath posting over on the Tanpaku message boards in number crunching I don't know if I am reading this right have a look and see what you think it is an old post
    http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/f...read.php?id=66

Rob

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by A novice
    I see Dagorath posting over on the Tanpaku message boards in number crunching I don't know if I am reading this right have a look and see what you think it is an old post
    http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/f...read.php?id=66

Rob
    That post was before the mess at Rosy..He's been dealt with and effectively I think by the WCG admins. They shut him up and closed the 2 threads that he was bellowing in and also cleaned up some of his abusive posts..
    That's fine by me. I don't have to be loved by everyone but life would be more fun without guys like this. He has no competitive drive so can't understand people who do. He's also under the misconception that we left Rosetta over the credit change like I give jack crap about credits..
    Plain and simple..a loser..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345