Thread: Advice for a upgrade please

Advice for a upgrade please

Hello all my computer is about 4 years old and I think it's time for an upgrade. I like to keep things stock I don't overclock much if ever. I would like your opinion on this motherboard, CPU and RAM that I am thinking about getting for an upgrade. I am only looking to spend around $550 so keep that in mind. Below are the Newegg links of the parts.

Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Xtreme Addict
    You cannot go wrong with the parts you have selected. Roll with it
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Addict
    find the cheapest ddr3 1333 you can possibly find. it should be cheaper than that. the heatsinks are useless.

Xtreme Member
    If no OC than those parts are more than enough... Though it would be a shame to leave that 2500K at stock.

Ok so that ram works with that motherboard no problem right I just need to make sure. I fell silly for asking it but it's been 3 years since my last build and I feel rusty.

Xtreme Member
    Buy that ram its rock solid and gives you some overhead to over clock if you change your mind later on.
    I control my hardware
    My hardware does not control me

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ral3l3it View Post
    Ok so that ram works with that motherboard no problem right I just need to make sure. I fell silly for asking it but it's been 3 years since my last build and I feel rusty.
    that ram will work fine. any ddr3 1333 DIMM or faster will work fine. its just that the ram you picked is fruity. I would buy the non-fruity stuff myself. that's just how I roll. it should be around $20 per 4gb dimm.

this kingston stuff uses hynix chips that are probably at least as good as the stuff on those ripjaws. similar parts for similar prices from other brands will use good samsung or micron chips. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820139046