Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer DOW: Dark Crusade To Retail At $29.99

Live Long And Overclock

Warhammer DOW: Dark Crusade To Retail At $29.99

...and its not going to require the original game to play !!!

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646596

This game is nuts !!! I played it for 30 mins for the first time about 5 mins ago and OMG !! I havent played something this good since Starcraft !!

Just nuts !! I can say without a doubt...Good bye Supreme Commander for me

Just a question though...did the original DOW have the same gfx ? Or are they updated for dark crusade ? You can check it out yourself...the demo is only 300MB

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 09-09-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    ...and its not going to require the original game to play !!!

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646596

This game is nuts !!! I played it for 30 mins for the first time about 5 mins ago and OMG !! I havent played something this good since Starcraft !!

Just nuts !! I can say without a doubt...Good bye Supreme Commander for me

Perkam
    the price is nice and also normal seeing it is a add-on.
    and that u wont need the originel game is something u see alot lately.
    i think they did it so people not owning the originel will alos buy this game and maybe after it buy the originel game and the previous add-on.

but i doubt it will take me long ot finish this game, after that il play it in MP with a buddy of mine like with the previous DOW. But i doubt it will keep me busy enough to keep me away from COh and Total Annihalation/
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream
    the price is nice and also normal seeing it is a add-on.
    and that u wont need the originel game is something u see alot lately.
    i think they did it so people not owning the originel will alos buy this game and maybe after it buy the originel game and the previous add-on.

but i doubt it will take me long ot finish this game, after that il play it in MP with a buddy of mine like with the previous DOW. But i doubt it will keep me busy enough to keep me away from COh and Total Annihalation/
    You have a point...in that the objectives are a tad bland (capture this or capture that)...but its still a lot of strategy involved and I love the units in the new one

I am weary of generic units though...which is somewhere Supreme Commander will fail and Dark Crusade will prosper...as every unit has its own attitude...in supreme commander, they're just "supercool" units that have the same static functions...

Perkam

Where did you play Supcom to get to that conclusion?! Right.

And yes, DoW and WA are pretty much the same. Graphics wise and gameplay. This is just an updated/optimised version of the engine. I'll probably purchase it to complete the collection, but I reckon their balance team will make me want to quit again after a couple of patches.

But this should hold me over until SupCom is unleashed upon this world

YouTube Addict
    not bad...
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    If you are looking for a long and fun single player experience the DOW games aren't very good (and I am a Warhammer Fan).

Where the game really shines is in Multiplayer. The problem is that there is a steep learning curve in becoming anything close to slightly competetive with a half decent player with some experience.

If you keep trying, read the forums alittle and get a few good friends then you can become competitive. When you do its an absorbing experience and I guess the addition of two races in DC and a few balance fixes will make the game even more fun to play.
    Q6600 @ 3.0 | 8GB G-Skill @ 800 Mhz 5-5-5-20 | ATI 3870 Stock 1 x 500 GB Seagate 7200.11
    1 x 1TB Seagate 7200.11 | 2 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10
    Seasonic S12-550 Energy +CM Stacker

-150c Club Member
    Still needs my dark eldar

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Mentor
    You have a point...in that the objectives are a tad bland (capture this or capture that)...but its still a lot of strategy involved and I love the units in the new one

I am weary of generic units though...which is somewhere Supreme Commander will fail and Dark Crusade will prosper...as every unit has its own attitude...in supreme commander, they're just "supercool" units that have the same static functions...

Perkam

ur trying to compaire Supreme Commander and Dark Crusade 1 on 1 wich you cant.
    They are both completely difrent games SupCom is more of a massive strategy game.
    Groucho Marx

Live Long And Overclock
    ur trying to compaire Supreme Commander and Dark Crusade 1 on 1 wich you cant.
    They are both completely difrent games SupCom is more of a massive strategy game.
    True...and I havent played supcom yet...but if its one thing DOW: DC demo has shown me...if I can't handle 50 units...how am i going to handle 500

Perkam

YouTube Addict
    True...and I havent played supcom yet...but if its one thing DOW: DC demo has shown me...if I can't handle 50 units...how am i going to handle 500

Perkam
    imagine trying to control millions
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    imagine trying to control millions

You know what I would love though...if you could rank battle "commanders" and evolve them into generals that wouldn't need supervision...taking care of 3 battles at the same time gives me a stomach ache (i'm not kidding)...with 4 battles, I end up moving all my units to a safe zone and letting my base get clobbered...if I'm lucky I have some building units with me to build my base else where.

If you could only have generals taking care of objectives for you and you could watch over it but wouldn't need to be there controlling every squad...

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    DoW is barely a RTS its more of a tactical squad management game. Its still alot of fun though and has really cool animations and atmosphere. Its difficult to manage 50 units in Dawn of war because the games specifically made to make it alot of work to do so.

Live Long And Overclock
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardmech
    DoW is barely a RTS its more of a tactical squad management game. Its still alot of fun though and has really cool animations and atmosphere. Its difficult to manage 50 units in Dawn of war because the games specifically made to make it alot of work to do so.
    Thats true yea...though the AI for the units is amazing...they still need squad-level management after and before battles for reinforcements and you can't assign teams to multiple squads which was a feature I would've liked (as i usually have more than one team in a scenario)...

It's interesting though...I showed the game to my 10-year old cousin who's an SG junkie (shattered galaxy) and he took an immediate liking to the game (started asking me when he gets to play :p ) etc...so the learning curve isn't that bad, the animations are cool, and the unit evolution is enough to keep the game interesting.

Perkam

Xtreme Enthusiast
    uh, the MP learning curve is a little bit steeper than the SP...
    Rig:
    Pentium D 805 3.8 GHz and counting, w/Big Typhoon (hopefully E6600 at christmas)
    eVga 7900GT KO Reload, 508/1525 stock volts
    MOBO SWITCH! P5B deluxe
    2 GB Patriot ddr2-667 4-4-4-12
    Antec NeoHE 550
    250GB Seagate 7200.10
    Thermaltake Soprano w/2xAspire 120mm and 1xThermaltake 90mm
    Dell 19'' LCD monitor
    Heat

Never have been one for RTS
    I liked red alert for a day
    This looks good though..
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

3dMark Isn't Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    Still needs my dark eldar
    No away, Tau and Necron are the perfect armies to add, other than the nids of course.
    Kentsfield Q6600@ 3100Mhz
    Asus P5B-E Plus
    2GB GSkill DDRII PC6400GBHZ
    Albatron Geforce 8800GTX
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09
    Thermalright Ultra 120
    Corsair 620W HX
    74GB Raptor/ X-Fi Platinum
    19" CRT NEC 930 SB
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What do you mean, it won't require the older game?
    Will the other races be accesible, will there be a campaign, or will it be another F.E.A.R. Combat kind of thing??

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

3dMark Isn't Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by DTU_XaVier
    Will the other races be accesible, will there be a campaign, or will it be another F.E.A.R. Combat kind of thing??

Best Regards
    Geesh lol do people not use the internet, it's got tonnes of info on it, you know.

of course the other races are accesible, have a search. There'sa campaign, yes.
    Kentsfield Q6600@ 3100Mhz
    Asus P5B-E Plus
    2GB GSkill DDRII PC6400GBHZ
    Albatron Geforce 8800GTX
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09
    Thermalright Ultra 120
    Corsair 620W HX
    74GB Raptor/ X-Fi Platinum
    19" CRT NEC 930 SB
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTU_XaVier

Best Regards
    If you only have Dark crusade you can only play the 2 new armies it comes with. It contains all the data for the other armies so you can face other players with them in multi.

Dark Crusade only: Necron + Tau
    DoW + Dark crusade: Space marine, Ork, Chaos, Eldar, Necron and Tau
    DoW + WA + Dark crusade: Space marine, Ork, Chaos, Eldar, Imperial guard, Necron and Tau

Live Long And Overclock
    Tau is all I need

Perkam

Xtreme Mentor
    been playing COH demo skirmish for the past few days after playing the US and the germans a couple of times i think COH can be a very nice alternative for the real strategie players.

il get em both but when strategie is important for a buyer/player id advise them
    company of heroes.

For people new to DOW i do hope theyl make a box with the game and both add ons for 49 euro orso
    Groucho Marx

Live Long And Overclock
    been playing COH demo skirmish for the past few days after playing the US and the germans a couple of times i think COH can be a very nice alternative for the real strategie players.

il get em both but when strategie is important for a buyer/player id advise them
    company of heroes.

For people new to DOW i do hope theyl make a box with the game and both add ons for 49 euro orso
    The website says "All 7 playable races" for dark crusade 0_0

Perkam

Xtreme Member
    I think it just means all 7 races have a single player campaign provided you have dow + wa.

Xtreme Mentor
    The website says "All 7 playable races" for dark crusade 0_0

Perkam
    eh yes?
    think ya wanted to quote someone else
    my comment about a box with both add-ons and the originel game is simply so people can have all ofit for a fair price.
    i myself picked up the previous add on and originel game in a box togehter for 20 euro.

i think btw that it simply means that if u only own Dark crusade ul only have 2 SP campaigns for the 2 new races but that if u play skirmish or online ul be able to chose all 7 races even if u dont have the previous add on or the originel game.
    As the 5 older races will likely also get new units to bring balance in the game.
    Groucho Marx

Live Long And Overclock
    i think btw that it simply means that if u only own Dark crusade ul only have 2 SP campaigns for the 2 new races but that if u play skirmish or online ul be able to chose all 7 races even if u dont have the previous add on or the originel game.
    Ah ok...Difficult to understand at first but yea that sounds like what it is...Don't mind though

Perkam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast