Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPS Damages ALL my packages!!! See the PICTURES here !!

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS
    USPS is the best. You can NOT beat Priority Mail.
    agree

Xtreme Addict
    The thing about USPS is they have no tracking whatsoever. You just hope for the best. But the prices are really low.

In my area, UPS comes at 6am in the morning, fedex and usps come by 4PM, so I usually use UPS even though my packages are usually smashed to pieces. Thankfully I've had nothing broken inside.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

Xtreme Addict
    Well, I used to work for UPS. (Please, don't lynch me. I tired to take care of boxes!) It all really depends on the hub. Generally unloading is where all the damages happen. Here in Tulsa, your given a ramp that you can extend and whatnot to get into the truck without having to go back and forth. You toss the boxes on a ramp and it slides down to a conveyor and sometimes the employees like to throw the boxes so they won't stop sliding halfway down the ramp and jam up the flow.

However, some go down the ramp sideways and do jam up the flow, then you got the weight of all these other boxes on this one and the supports for the ramp had a habit of cutting right into the boxes. This seemed to have happened with the box with your case in it. That was an unloading accident there. From there on its pretty much smooth sailing. No real long drops or anything.

Generally, unloading is the most brutal because were gotta move out several thousand packages a night. Thats where the packages get busted up. >>

I am Xtreme

Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Mentor
    Haha, yeah thrilla, United Package Smashers.

I've never had any boxes that were significantly smashed, but UPS boxes are always the worst. I like FedEx tho, never had a problem with them.
    Intel Rig
    2500K @ 4.8 Ghz 1.304v | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3| 2x4Gb Ripjaws DDR3-2133 | Radeon 7970 @ 1250/1800 | Corsair HX850 PSU
    Custom Water of course

Xtreme Member
    UPS is the worst and deserves more critisism than could ever be thrown their way. I had a package of speakers delivered (I mean slam dunked) the other day. The sorry POS driver just ran up and threw it up on the porch and ran back to his truck before I could get outside. I saw the driver so Im going to order something else with UPS shipping and be waiting for him this time. Lets just say that he is going to have another reason to hate his job after he makes my next delivery.
    Last edited by Ron 61; 09-09-2006 at 01:20 PM.
    E8400 @ 3.84Ghz 1.25v LOAD
    ABIT IP35 PRO
    4 GB G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    EVGA 8800 ULTRA 660/1110
    PC POWER & COOLING 750 QUAD
    THERMALRIGHT ULTRA 120 EXTREME
    2 X SEAGATE BARRACUDA ES.2 ST3250310NS 250GB RAID 0

Xtreme Member
    double post, sorry
    E8400 @ 3.84Ghz 1.25v LOAD
    ABIT IP35 PRO
    4 GB G.SKILL F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    EVGA 8800 ULTRA 660/1110
    PC POWER & COOLING 750 QUAD
    THERMALRIGHT ULTRA 120 EXTREME
    2 X SEAGATE BARRACUDA ES.2 ST3250310NS 250GB RAID 0

Xtreme Member
    Ive had several USPS packages (from US to UK) and all have been fine (no dents or kinks whatsoever)... so id recommend them

Ive never use UPS personally, however over here theyre marketed as "keeping the world going" or something like that :o

I am Xtreme
    FragTek works at UPS, maybe he can make a statement
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

you guys didnt know ups is required by law to drop your package atleast once

personally i have had the worst experience with ups fedex on the other hand is amazing by me

Quote Originally Posted by AACDIRECT
    That pretty much sums up UPS. FedEx is about the same. Imagine shipping a fully assembled system. Some of the horror stories I could tell....
    i shipped a complete system i built, when it got there the CPU heatsink bent off the motherboard and smashed up the northbridge heatsink
    e6600 3.3GHZ 1.4v
    Intel D975XBX 305 32c idle / 40c Load
    CM Stacker
    Water Cooled 2x120mm Rad and 1x120mm Rad
    X1800XT w/Tyee Block 34c idle /45c Load
    Corair XMS2 C4 4-4-4-6 2.1v

Xtreme Addict
    yeah i hated UPS as well. one time i called to request a package pick up. when i showed up since my name wasn't on the list they refused to give me my package.

when i lived in champaign, i NEVER used ups even if it meant paying a little extra for FEDEX.

but since others are asking about some other shipping companies.

there is always DHL. all i can say about them is that they are PIMP.

i missed a delivery around 9:30AM. they came about around 4PM on the SAME DAY to deliver it.

now that's called service.

Main Rig:
    CPU Intel i5 2500K @ 4500mhz
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Video Cards Sapphire 5850
    PSU Silverstone ST75F Strider 750W
    Hard Drive OCZ Solid 3 60GB | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Samsung 103SJ's 4TB
    Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 | 1 Yate Loon D12SM 120MM

I am Xtreme
    DHL is FREAKIN awesome too. Great with packages, great with time & delivery, and great with price.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Gentoo User
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS
    USPS is the best. You can NOT beat Priority Mail.
    QFT!
    I've had several packages from shipped over from US to here in the UK with USPS, they've always arrived in perfect condition and they've always arrived unbelievably fast. However some of that may be attributed to the fast postal service we have over here (Royal Mail Parcelforce).

Xtreme Mentor
    i have yet to have any noteable issues with UPS. worst 'damage' i've gotten is a very slight quarter inch dent on the size of a case's box. VERY minimal. in fact i enver noticed it until i just started looking at it. for all i know newegg could ahve gotten it that way, or newegg did it. in the end... I DON'T CARE.

good job to UPS for their service so far, keep it up(you better if you don't i'll end up screwed)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm a courier for Fedex and I can tell you that most of the packages that get beat up are because of poor packaging by the shipper. I've seen so many packages that are packed so retardedly. Boxes get smacked around when they go through the sort system. You have to NOT pack the boxes like an idiot for it to make it through. I get alot of boxes full of catalogs or books. The boxes they use are so thing and taped w/ one strip of tape. When I lift it up, the bottom would just open up and would just fall out.
    I'm not saying we're not at fault every time though. Packages go through alot of HUMAN hands.
    I got my Lian Li through UPS (not my choice) and it came in perfect shape. It's a gamble sometimes with computer cases. =/

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck!
    The thing about USPS is they have no tracking whatsoever. You just hope for the best. But the prices are really low.
    I don't really think so. Just got an international delivery with possibility to track: USPS - Track & Confirm
    'Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.'

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OH and UPS sucks. I hated them way before I started working for Fedex. They always come around late. They delivered alot of my packages to the wrong damn place! Their tracking sucks.
    The drivers don't load their own trucks. Some people come in super early in the morning and load them. They don't see the customers, so I guess they don't have to give a damn how the packages are or how well they handle them.
    Package delivery is fast paced. You're moving alot of packages really fast. Something is bound to break.

UPS is the WORST!!!

I believe USPS, FEDEX and Canada POST XPRESSPOST, porluator and CANPAR are the best.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The first step I took in all this was calling UPS's main customer service. They put the blame on newegg so I called the egg up. Now I knew it wasn't neweggs fault. UPS told me there needed to be an inch of packing on all sides. How in the hell is that going to help when theres a 6 inch gash in the side of the box. Newegg has wonderful customer service. I really appreciate their help.

So after I talked to main UPS office, my local UPS hub called me. I talked to this guy that was really helpful. First I asked him where my missing package was. He told me that my missing package was delivered to WAL-MART!!! How do you mistake Wal-Mart for a personal address?

I then told him I wanted to see what he could do to prevent my packages from being damaged. He told me that the packages were getting damaged somewhere else. He told me his manager was really strict on damaged packages. He also told me that the UPS driver will NOT leave packages that are clearly damaged on your door step. I asked him, then what happened here man?? The case was falling out of the box! He didn't know what to say

These packages shipped from New Jersey, California, Texas, and Tennessee. I'm sure their getting damaged in all 4 states. Right.... give me a break.

Monday I'm expecting 2 packages to be shipped out as replacements for the case and motherboard. It's pretty sad to have to be shipped out 3 motherboards and 3 cases just to get just 1 isn't it?

I am Xtreme
    A: UPS Will hire just about anyone has a package handler.
    B: THey are about pushing boxes out the door, it is all about the numbers.
    C: I have quite a few friends that work/ed for UPS and all have horror stories.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i feel sorry for all of you, my ups stuff gets here at 11AM, on the dot everyday we ahve something delivered. and in perfect condition

usps in this area sucks, 2-3 day, will take 5-6 days

fedex aint great either, they deliver the package on the daythey quote, if you check the tracking, and it says its your local hub, by 2am, but it aint due for arrival that day, you wont get it, if it rains on the day your supposed to get your package, you wont get it till the next day
    Last edited by trance565; 09-10-2006 at 11:20 AM.
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    UPS is a lot more consistant than fedex and heres why. In an effort to cut cost fedex contracts the deliveries to various groups. Say you and a few freinds wanted to get into the shipping business. You could go to fedex and purchase

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    I haaaaaate UPS, and plain old flat out refuse to use any website that offers only UPS, and sadly, theres quite a few.
    even newegg went partial UPS.
    my worst story about UPS doesn't involve me personally, but a good friend of mine. she plays music, and has lots of fancy computer/keyboard stuff and was moving to a new state.
    had her brother ship her her keyboard and such in a big box.

by the time she got that package... the package was the shape of bowling ball.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo
    I'm a courier for Fedex and I can tell you that most of the packages that get beat up are because of poor packaging by the shipper. I've seen so many packages that are packed so retardedly. Boxes get smacked around when they go through the sort system. You have to NOT pack the boxes like an idiot for it to make it through. I get alot of boxes full of catalogs or books. The boxes they use are so thing and taped w/ one strip of tape. When I lift it up, the bottom would just open up and would just fall out.
    I'm not saying we're not at fault every time though. Packages go through alot of HUMAN hands.
    I got my Lian Li through UPS (not my choice) and it came in perfect shape. It's a gamble sometimes with computer cases. =/

to prevent stuff like that i always ducktape the crap out of boxes i ship.
    My family and friends always make fun of me as the boxes look like crap after ive taped them. But they cant fall apart or pop open by accident.

And when i order stuff from webshops the boxes are always filled with absorbing materials and filling wich i always save to re-use.
    using string or whatever to keep packages closed sucks.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast