Thread: Does removing sticker from northbridge on asus board vioid warranty

Xtreme Enthusiast

Does removing sticker from northbridge on asus board vioid warranty

I am wondering about asus p5w which comes with sticker on a northbridge that wraps around it. Would removing it and sending board without for rma void warranty?

I am talking about copper color looking thing around northbrdige and southbridge. It is made from aluminium and surronds northbridge from 2 sides and the top.
    Last edited by mion; 09-07-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Always ask them first and use it as evidence if something goes wrong , also a picture of the sticker would help cos i dont know what sticker your talking about.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Id say YES. In fact, when you remove it, it remains blended a lot(sticker, in case you were thinking of reattach it ). Im not sure tho.

Would they RMA my board with cut heatpipe ?

Regards!
    Last edited by ^don.k's^; 09-07-2006 at 10:07 AM.
    Asus P5K Premium//Intel E6600@3,6ghz//Corsair PC6400C3@500 4-4-4-12 2,2v//8800GTS G92//Audigy 2 ZS//SeaSonic M12 700W & LianLi V2000B

Xtreme Member
    slide it off ever so carefully with a razer blade and put it back on when you're ready for rma

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage_guitar
    slide it off ever so carefully with a razer blade and put it back on when you're ready for rma
    I know removing it is easy but storing is not. I removed that metalic sticker but that sticker got crushed and does not look good when put on back on board the northbridge.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Surely removing the sticker can't void the warranty.. I assume you're all talking about the plastic covering that's on there to protect it from scratches? Or do you mean the actual crappy anodised covers themselves?

Plenty of things come with plastic covers to protect them in shipping etc and I've never once heard of a manufacturer refusing an RMA after doing it.

Remove the covers though and you'll probably void the warranty, or at least give them a reason not to fix it.

I am Xtreme
    I think this thread deserves a photo moment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    he said sticker not copper plate.

if your talking about the thin transparent sticker on the NB and SB yes remove it its ok.. its only there so peoples fingerprints dont get all over stuff during production.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback