Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFI nF590SLI-T2R/G OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Xtreme Recruit
    That's know how, and value chain management, the rest is bull!

Well done
    IT= The never ending Story

Xtreme Member
    My hats off to DFI. Better to cut your losses from an inferior product and refocus your efforts on something better. Hopefully this will send a message to nvidia that they need to develop better chipsets for the Intel platform on an accelerated schedule.

Xtreme Member
    If you really think about it there work on this board did not go to waste. Sure the board as it sits now will not be coming to market (and for good reason) but there is no better lesson learned then from a mistake (if you want to call it that). All that time and research on this board I'm sure will make the one based off the C55 that much better. I think this actually gives them a real head start on the competition. Plus as already noted I highly doubt that the layout will change much.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqMale
    i think dfi should have just released it as an infinity then save lanparty for the c55 chipset. i really do hope the new ut 590 is a 400+ fsb board since i like nvidia chipset more.

ps atleast 3 pci slots please in addition to the 3 pci-e slots
    Making it an Infinity doesnt fit DFI's business model either. They try to make the Infinitys with the economical overclockers in mind. They all overclock very similar to the LP product line, but with cheaper parts, less features, and less bling. It makes sense to keep that model.

The cancellation was a wise move by DFI.

Xtreme Member
    yeah i doubt thelayout would change (solid layout as it is) but after hearing about 3 pci-e for nvidia sli it made me think, new board then the news of the cancelation? anyways, would love a 570 version with 4 pci

Xtreme Member
    The reason DFI didn't make any Intel SLI Edition boards for the Infinity range is probably because the cost of the NVIDIA chipset. DFI previously told me that these nF590 SLI IE chipsets costs a lot more than other chipsets. So, if the Infinity board was to be built around the SLI IE chipset, it would cost about the same as a LAN Party board...

Come to think of it, this is the second SLI IE board that got canceled. The first one was the LANParty UT NF4I SLI-T2R, which was only seen in Computex 2005. Hopefully, DFI will have better luck with the new C55 chipset.

Xtreme Member
    who says the c55 will be such a great clocker

could only be slightly better than c19

Xtreme Member
    That's why I'm waiting to see what their RD600 motherboard is going to look like. With this news, my next board is definitely going to be a DFI board,
    Home PC: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz l Asus Maximus VI Hero l Corsair Dominator Plantinum 2400mhz (4x4GB) l Asus GTX 690 l Samsung 840 Pro 256gb l 2 x WD Black 1T storage drive l WD MyBook 500gb External l Samsung SH-S203N DVD l Creative X-Fi Titanium HD l Corsair AX1200 PSU l Planar SA2311W23 3D LCD Monitor l Corsair 800D Case l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l Sennheiser HD-590

Water Cooling Setup: Swiftech 320 Radiator (3 X Gentle Typhoons 1450rpm 3 x Gentle Typhoons 1850 rpm) l Swiftech Pump w/XSPC Res Top l Heatkiller 3.0 CPU Block l Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 690 "Hole Edition" Nickel l Heatkiller Geforce GTX 690 GPU Backplate l Koolance 140mm Radiator l Danger Den 1/2ID UV Green tubing l EK EKoolant UV Green Liquid

-Impossible is not a word

Xtreme Mentor
    I just don't understand why DFI insists on sticking with Nvidia. The honeymoon is over between AMD and Nvidia since ATI got into the picture. Nvidia pretty much has no leverage against anybody right now, more so if RD600 turns out to be as great as everyone says it will be.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    I just don't understand why DFI insists on sticking with Nvidia. The honeymoon is over between AMD and Nvidia since ATI got into the picture. Nvidia pretty much has no leverage against anybody right now, more so if RD600 turns out to be as great as everyone says it will be.

RD600 is as great as rumored. At least the reference boards are. (from personal experience) I am very interested to see what DFI does with it.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    I just don't understand why DFI insists on sticking with Nvidia.
    How can you say that when they will be the only company producing an RD600 board?

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Dont worry guys. DFI has something up its sleeve still...

Lanparty 965, so I hear

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Yup... 965 is their new project
    But it might be a little too late though...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    Lanparty 965, so I hear
    Still wouldn't be any use to people who want Conroe and Quad SLI.
    Last edited by J-Mag; 09-06-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    see this is why i like DFI.
    unlike everyone else, they are stepping up to the plate and saying . "Yes our motherboard is a pile of crap, so instead of sending it into the retail market and making everyone hate us,, and spending countless man hours and dollars on rma's and tech support we are just going to cancel it. and wait for the better chipset"

my hats off to DFI for standing up and admitting that they are not happy with their product!

sure it sucks but wouldnt all of you rather have a killer DFI than a dead DFI..?
    I agreed..Starting over to make a better quality product rather than force crappy ones to the consumers. I respect DFI for the decision they took.
    For all your cooling needs: ShopPTS.com
    System:
    Rampage Formula // E8400 @ 4.0 (1.28v)
    4x 1GB Ballistix Tracer @ 600 (5-5-5-15)
    4x 74GB Raptors 16MB Raid-0 // Samsung F1 1TB
    eVGA 8800GTS 512MB @ 800/1111/2000
    Corsair HX620 // LG246WP
    Cooling:
    D-TEK FuZion // PA120.3 // 3x Yate Loon SH
    MCW60GT // EK Multi-150 // DDC-2 + Petra's Top

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mag
    Still wouldn't be any use to people who want COnroe and Quad SLI.
    unless you want a chipset that can do well over 550+ on the FSB, and has been a well proven overclockers chipset.

not everyone runs crossfire or SLI...

the 965 chipset is a excellent chipset for them to invest into, with how well the DS3 and P5B Deluxe have done.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmoddingmy
    Yup... 965 is their new project
    But it might be a little too late though...
    Will it be here before or after RD600?

Well, I for one have been waiting on the DFI Lan Party SLI for Intel since they showed the original LANParty UT NF4I SLI-T2R at Computex/05 like "pcmoddingmy" had written above. Infact I still have a picture I had saved of that illfated board:

DFI's LANParty UT NF4I SLI-T2R at Computex/05

DFI's UT Lan Party NF590SLI-T2R/G from Hexus.net Preview during Computex/06

My current board is the ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe which can barely hold a 325MHz FSB with my single core 3.73EE (WHICH HAS A LOCKED MULTI AT x14) and even though the board has many great features, I was looking forward to EPP and DualNet/First Packet and Dual RAID5 SATA which was part of the reason for waiting for the NForce5 590 IE Series. Not to mention the DFI Boards keen layout and the fact that it was going to utilize a Digital PWM, which btw would get those pesky caps out of the cpu area. As You all can see below, I have an X6800 That I got Aug 2nd and the Asetek VapoChill LS that have been waiting for this years DFI SLI IE BOARD since Computex/06.

Yes, now that it is cancelled, I am disappointed, that I have a longer wait. But I do Applaud DFI for admitting that the NF4 C-19 is no substitute for the C55IE. Especially when it comes to the ENTHUSIAST/OVERCLOCKER, 325MHz FSB and no Multi's higher than x11 for Xtreme Conroe certainly left a lot to be desired. I know ASUS is about to release thier P5N32-SLI Premium, but I still don't know if they are using the C55IE or are they using C51 or even C19 on the Northbridge, but it really does not matter as am not impressed by the boards layout. But if it has unlocked Multipliers for the X6800 and a 400MHz+ FSB with high Voltages, I could be influenced. We will just have to wait for the reviews.
    I am still looking forward to DFI finally coming out with a LAN PARTY SLI Board for Intel even if We had to wait for CONROE to get DFI interested enough to do it. Lets just hope they put the same amount of effort into it as they did the other DFI Lan Party SLI Boards.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak
    unless you want a chipset that can do well over 550+ on the FSB, and has been a well proven overclockers chipset.

not everyone runs crossfire or SLI...

the 965 chipset is a excellent chipset for them to invest into, with how well the DS3 and P5B Deluxe have done.
    I have to agree. The P5B deluxe seems the best OCing board at the moment. It doesn't have to be able to run two video cards to qualify for Lanparty status (Ultra D was an example) just OC well.

Does anyone know if 965 can run two video cards? I seem to remember Coolaler had SLI running on a Gigabyte DQ6 at one point. Maybe DFI will do something interesting.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vapb400
    Will it be here before or after RD600?
    I will like to think that RD600 will be earlier because the 965 was still in discussion board as of last month. Only recently they went on the 965 project and I doubt there will be a LP version of the 965 because 965 is designed for budget boards. So, it could be in the Infinity series.
    Anyways, RD600 is just around the corner...

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmoddingmy
    I will like to think that RD600 will be earlier because the 965 was still in discussion board as of last month. Only recently they went on the 965 project and I doubt there will be a LP version of the 965 because 965 is designed for budget boards. So, it could be in the Infinity series.
    Anyways, RD600 is just around the corner...
    cool thanks for the tip

good to see the source of the story participate in the discussion
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12