Thread: nibitor problem, please help

Xtreme Member

Question nibitor problem, please help

hi, i thought it should be like counting to 3...
    -save bios from card (6800GT)
    -mod 2D to smth like 300MHz(or 250) and 1.1Vcore and 1.4 3D mode
    -flash it to card
    enjoy COOL&QUIET 2D operation and still have poverfull 3D....

BUT the problem is i dont have option in nibitor to set 2D and 3D modes separately.... only 350/500 gpu/ram and 1.3V both for 3D.
    2D modes are disabled(grayed out)

anyone wanna help me with it?
    i attached a bios file. (renamed as txt)

And last but not least, is it a good idea to lover 2D speeds and Volts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Rig X6 1055T|Crosshair IV Formula|8600GT|2x2024MB@1800|436GB storage

XS_THE_MACHINE
    What make is your card? I'm guessing MSI NX6800GT from your sig? How did you save your bios? From NVflash?
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Member
    MSI yes. its saved from nvflash. The card itself has 2D and 3D mode. At least in rivatuner i can set diferent clocks for 2D and 3D and when game is loaded it runs at 3D clocks. But in bios theres only 2D?

I am Xtreme
    just go to mvktech.net and download a bios from there.
    it dont need to be an MSI just make sure it is the same model of video card.
    they will have probably newer bios versions also.

can you take a screenshot and show us why you say you dont have the option to change it.

if i recall alot of the 6800 bios's cant change the 2d only the 3d.
    but you also may need to change the number of profiles. its an option in nibitor right above the mhz reading.

if the 2d option is greyed out then that bios doesn allow you to change the 2d operational mode.
    and thats where mvktech comes in handy with all their wonderful bios's.
    best video card depository on the net.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat

can you take a screenshot and show us why you say you dont have the option to change it.

but you also may need to change the number of profiles. its an option in nibitor right above the mhz reading.

if the 2d option is greyed out then that bios doesn allow you to change the 2d operational mode.
    I agree with all that, except for one thing: Different manufacturers use different ram modules, which in turn might have different ram timings. Other than that, I agree with what you said. I'll see what I can do Mad_Man.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat

i found that that button about changing the number of profiles. but if i change that to 2 profiles the integrity bulb turns yellow and clocks are set... hmmm 300/300 in 3D and 350/5002D and voltages in 3D are set to1.1V ... it looks completely f up.

ill search mkvtech but hope that moddolicous will come with smth working. *crosses fingers*

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    I agree with all that, except for one thing: Different manufacturers use different ram modules, which in turn might have different ram timings. Other than that, I agree with what you said. I'll see what I can do Mad_Man.
    if it helps, its NV40core (according to rivatuner) and has 12pixel and 5vertex pipes and i modded it to 16/6 in rivatuner.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man
    i found that that button about changing the number of profiles. but if i change that to 2 profiles the integrity bulb turns yellow and clocks are set... hmmm 300/300 in 3D and 350/5002D and voltages in 3D are set to1.1V ... it looks completely f up.

ill search mkvtech but hope that moddolicous will come with smth working. *crosses fingers*
    Once you select to activate seperate 2D and 3D modes in NiBiTor; just change whatever speed values are shown for 2D and 3D to what they should be, ie, 300/500 for 2D, and 350/500 for 3D. And then set 2D core volts to 1.1 and 3D volts to 1.3v.

And because of poor core volts regulator design on a 6800gt, the 3D core volts should never be set above 1.3v. The 1.3v level however should still allow overclocks of up to 400+ !

EDIT:

And forget the yellow integrity indicator, that only happened because you changed something !!!
    Last edited by jimmor; 09-07-2006 at 02:28 PM.
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know !

Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz
    Asus P5Q-E
    Kingston 2x2Gb PC2-8500
    Evga 8800GTS 512Mb

Xtreme Member
    /\/\ thats i wanted to read many thanx. ill try that in very very near future

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Guys, back when I still had 6800GTX's, I played around with Nibitor quite a bit - and I found the offsets Nibitor use are not the same in different vendor's cards!

So be careful to assume it is so, maybe with newer 7800/7900's, but older 6800's had big descrepancies wrt bios settings (address offsets) amongst various manufacturers.
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)