Thread: Waiting for new car

Ker-Pow !

Waiting for new car

Well this week I decided to get a new car.

Gone for a 2004 231PS RX8 in winning blue.

Should hopefully be pickin up either this evening or monday evening. To say Im excited is an understatement. I can finally stop driving my deep fat fryer (citroen xantia diesel that run on veggie oil) and get in a real car.

I have only driven the car for a few miles (on a test drive) so I havent been able to fully enjoy the experience. This is my first rear wheel drive car and most powerful as well. So I think the traction control will stay on for a few days at least.

The only bad news is the ZX7R is going to have to go.

Will post pics once I have car.....

Xtreme Member
    Nice car, why will you have to get rid of the bike?
    "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

Xtreme Enthusiast
    there is a recall for almost ALL RX8s here in the states, I'm sure the same with the UK. Enjoy the handling, cause that's all the car has going for it...

Xtreme Member
    I work at a Mazda dealer and our mazda tech has found that it's easier just to replace the entire rotary than it is to fix it. Rotary's a good concept, but it's far too finicky for everyday driving.
    Full Metal Alchemist

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanktanium
    I work at a Mazda dealer and our mazda tech has found that it's easier just to replace the entire rotary than it is to fix it. Rotary's a good concept, but it's far too finicky for everyday driving.
    "Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

Ker-Pow !
    Apparently its states only for the recall from what I have read.
    http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum...ic.php?t=12105

The rotary engine loves to rev....the buzzer goes at 8500rpm but will go to 9300....so its not just the handling

Bah finicky it all depends on what you want from a car. I want fun and reliability, I dont mind checking the oil every second fill up, not really a hardship as Im going to thrash the pants off it anyway. Still has warranty as well so its no biggy. The renesis engine is a big improvement on the old RX7 motor from what I have read.

The has to go as I currently have 3 at the moment and after my dad had his high speed off I no longer feel the need for a 170mph bike so instead Im going to get a 150mph car.....

Still got the KTM Duke II which now with the 15 tooth front sprocket ( was a 17) now wheelies everywhere and is "lethal" in town so Im happy.

Ker-Pow !
    Well I picked it up on Thursday and Im loving it.

Here is a pic.

Xtreme Member
    Good luck. IIRC, there's a recall on the engine. The ENTIRE engine.
    Full Metal Alchemist

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im not sure if they can get to 150mph

if they can, it takes a WHILE
    emptiness

Da Caribbean, where we like our women hot and drinks cold
    lol, don't kill me, but go save up for an LS1
    Current:
    24/7 Torrent & Internet Box: 0.975V -0.800V. Brisbane @2Ghz w. CrystalnQ // Biostar TA690G // 2x 1Gb Geil 800@4-4-4 // IDE DVDRW // 250Gb WD S16 Sata // Coolermaster iGreen 500W & 2x 120mm Antec case fans.

Main PC: 3Ghz BE 5000+ @1.45Vcore 273x11 // Asus M32R2-MVP // eVGA 8800GTS SC 320mb // 4x 1GB DDR1066 OCZ D9GKX // several HDDs & optical // Soprano DX & Zalman cnps9500nt // FSP FX700-GLN // Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

My 6600GT AGP Ghetto PrescottCooler Mod

old Main rig:
    Desktop Barton 2600+ @202x11 with Lapped CM Jet7 - GA-7NNXP - 2x512MB 2.5-3-3-11 Value Kingstons - PNY 6600GT AGP @ 605/1135 - 3x120GB & 1x200GB HDDs (WDC/Maxtor/Seagate) - 2xopticals burners (DVD R/RW 8-4-32 +/- Liteons) - iBest "crap" 600Watt Dual fan - Logitech MX Cordless Duo - Logitec Quickcam Orbit
    Very old Server:
    Intel P4 willamette 1.4Ghz - 2x128MB & 2x64MB PC800 RDRAM - Intel D850GB Mobo - 10GB & 80GB seagate HDD's - jetway 9600SE - Win2003 Server

Quote Originally Posted by Lostfaith
    lol, don't kill me, but go save up for an LS1
    I wonder, do those fit into the new car as well as the 7?

LS1 RX8 would be cool.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Ker-Pow !
    I dont want a V8 though I like having a rotary as its different and it sounds lovely. It goes round corners like it on rails.

17mpg on 1st tank of juice and 20mpg on second so far....lol its juicy.

Im not into quarter mile runs, I know my ZX7R will do low 11s and the tweaked R1s that I have ridden will do 10s so Im happy with my 230bhp spinner engine.

Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    I dont want a V8 though I like having a rotary as its different and it sounds lovely. It goes round corners like it on rails.

17mpg on 1st tank of juice and 20mpg on second so far....lol its juicy.

Im not into quarter mile runs, I know my ZX7R will do low 11s and the tweaked R1s that I have ridden will do 10s so Im happy with my 230bhp spinner engine.
    I'm not gonna start an argument about V8's but an LS1 would do the same mileage with how many times more displacement and how much more power? The fact is rotary engines are inefficient and unreliable, and only have a niche place in the market at best. At least they put it in a decent looking and handling car.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Cruncher
    turbo it that engine love turbo
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    I'm not gonna start an argument about V8's but an LS1 would do the same mileage with how many times more displacement and how much more power? The fact is rotary engines are inefficient and unreliable, and only have a niche place in the market at best. At least they put it in a decent looking and handling car.
    the ls1 gets the same milage, but only if its used with a t56, but yea, put in an ls1, and it will still handle just about the same, and go 10x as fast
    emptiness

Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    the ls1 gets the same milage, but only if its used with a t56, but yea, put in an ls1, and it will still handle just about the same, and go 10x as fast
    Not true, my 12 second auto car is doing 17-18mpg per tank just like the 6 speed would, and at the same time pulling faster ET's

The only advantage the 6 speed has for mileage is at high speed, where it has another gear that is more overdriven than the automatic's .70.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ok, then, either the t56, or the chevy performance automatic, either or, you know what im saying, he would ahve to get new tranny to get the milage, cuz they are geared completley different
    emptiness

Ker-Pow !
    The point is I like to be different, Im not out, for out and out speed and power. If I was I could have just bought a ZX10R for handling and speed and a ZZR1400 for outright grunt and had a little money left and have 2 vehicles that will wipe the floor with just about anything on the road.

The car is plently fast enough for me, 100mph+ down narrow twisty backroads is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    ok, then, either the t56, or the chevy performance automatic, either or, you know what im saying, he would ahve to get new tranny to get the milage, cuz they are geared completley different
    Ah I thought you meant the manual vs the auto (GM) and not the one in his car. They wouldn't bolt up anyway.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i remember jeremy clarkson saying that it was one of his top drives of the year, and he drives alot of cars.

Its nice to be different also, the rotary engine is very smooth from what i hear and it got 4.5/5 stars from parkers.co.uk , so I cant see why everyone is slating it, not everyone wants to overclock thier car to .

The problem refered to earlier probably only occurs in America because the cars are made there, and thier production cars have proved to be alot less reliable that cars built from Japan (mazda's imported from Japan to UK)
    Last edited by shuRe; 09-11-2006 at 02:58 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Ah I thought you meant the manual vs the auto (GM) and not the one in his car. They wouldn't bolt up anyway.
    you can get an adaptor for any tranny- motor combo for 500 bucks or less, which is what alot of people do when they put bigger motors in their cars.
    emptiness