Thread: UD client and quorum

Xtreme Member

UD client and quorum

Does anyone know if the UD client uses a quorum to score as well? Noticed that for boinc points we get whatever the middle guy claims, no average of it, just the guy in the middle gets what he claims, and the other 2 gets what he claims. So our 7x BO points for WCG is based on that.

So I was thinking, if the UD client gets "straight" points, based on your machine's stats, might it be better to run single core Boinc, and the UD on the other core? Basically only for multi core machines, unless/(until) we find the UD scores better? If nothing else it might take some of the "swing" out of the scores.

XSDCMF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymay
    Does anyone know if the UD client uses a quorum to score as well? Noticed that for boinc points we get whatever the middle guy claims, no average of it, just the guy in the middle gets what he claims, and the other 2 gets what he claims. So our 7x BO points for WCG is based on that.

So I was thinking, if the UD client gets "straight" points, based on your machine's stats, might it be better to run single core Boinc, and the UD on the other core? Basically only for multi core machines, unless/(until) we find the UD scores better? If nothing else it might take some of the "swing" out of the scores.
    From my understanding, the UD client scores like crap....
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Xtreme Cruncher
    The UD client doesn't use the quorum system, it churns out WCG points directly, however Scott be right - the UD client sucks and you get more points with boinc due to the slightly generous conversion factor (1 boinc = 7 WCG points), and if you get another opti in your quorum you will get a hell of alot more

You will find the 'swing' in the scores will settle down after a week or so - you still have a load pending validation, but as one gets crunched another gets validated and so on...
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad

Wandersome Cruncher
    Regardless of the points system..........Is it not the same for everyone???
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

Xtreme Cruncher
    'tis true pup :thumbsup:

....now stop being sensible and on with the smap

Wandersome Cruncher
    Smap is "awaiting validation"
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

Xtreme Cruncher

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serlv
    From my understanding, the UD client scores like crap....
    Well, I guess that's the short answer to the big question. Direct crappy scores, with no "validation". Guess the only plus is that it doesn't waste CPU time repeating old work. But if it does score like crap, then its not worth the bother. may verify the scoring on my laptop, its scores are crap anyway.