Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to say it publically..Rosetta and XS

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by tralala
    Funny is, that although I can indeed not find any explicit statement from neither David Baker nor David Kim that using the optimized boinc client is not cheating, there is currently a moderation rule enforced on the rosetta boards not to call anyone using the 5.5.0 client a cheater. It is even so strictly used that even mentioning that there were/are people that think using 5.5.0 is cheating is deleted. And that rule is still in place although Xtremesystems had pulled out.

In this thread David Baker mentioned several times that he is grateful to all contributors and that people shouldn't offend other participants but the wording was probably not strong enough for you.

Good luck over at WCG perhaps we'll meet you someday again. You gave Rosetta a nice boost for quite some time.
    That's it in a nutshell: His refusal to stand up and post it in the crunching section in plain and simple words. His lack of doing that gave the "vocal few" the feeling that they were right on this point.
    Where I come from someone calls you a cheat, a theif,etc they wind up on their backside looking at the sky.
    I didn't have the ability to do that with these guys, all that was left was to ask for that statement from Dr. Baker, when he didn't do so that signaled to me that he wasn't principled enough to be worth the effort that we were giving to his project. Life is a 2 way street. We didn't ask much from him. Just stand up like a man and speak it plainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by carl.h
    It`s gonna be more fun for you at WCG...Easynews aint gonna roll, you`re going to have to crank em and crank em hard !

Else the EasyNews Headline will be......

Xtreme Easily beaten by Easy

Xtreme take second and learn how to lose

Prove me wrong......
    Rabble rouser!
    It will be interesting to say the least..BUT XS does like a challenge and this is a big one!
    Last edited by Movieman; 08-30-2006 at 01:44 PM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    dont make us pass you quickly, we stomped 1 project already if you want we can show you what we are able to do at WCG
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Teddie
    Too late Levi you just did

We`re looking up at you now, well done. Now go take the big teams on and show us your mettle !

Xtreme Cruncher
    dont worry we are at less than middle of our power i guess if everyone switchs we can go up pretty quickly
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Cruncher
    I guess I'll kill all the competition in CPDN on my own! Time to fire up some more conroes!

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan
    I guess I'll kill all the competition in CPDN on my own! Time to fire up some more conroes!
    Nooooo, we need you over at the WCG-project
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes join WCG
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

Xtreme Addict
    So I guess I am going to be the lone meber of the XS Muon team

Space for Rent

Xtreme Member
    Well goodbye, Rosetta. It was fun. Too bad it had to end.
    I have a new girlfriend, her name is Rossetta.

FC BARCELONA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12