MMM

Thread: logitech mx/500 or mx/700

Xtreme Member

logitech mx/500 or mx/700

i was gonna pick one of these up today but was wondering what the difference was. If the only difference between the 2 is one is cordless and the other isn't then ill get the cheaper on cuz cords really dont bother me
    E8400@ 4.0
    SUNBEAM|CR-CCTF
    ASUS P5Q PRO
    4GB G-Skill
    MSI HD 4850
    Vista 64bit

Xtreme Member
    The mx700 is awesome, it has rechargable batteries and the cradle which just makes it perfect. I love mine.

Xtreme Mentor
    i'd probably get the MX500 because i can't be botherd with battries and recharging.

Xtreme Member
    it's not bothersome at all. about once a month I set it on the charger over night. No problems.

Xtreme Member
    I got an mx/700 last week and I love it. As mentioned the charger is a great. I can't say much about battery life yet other than the rechargable batteries had a charge in them when the mouse was new, and I had to charge them for the first time over the weekend.
    FOLD!!!
    Bench rig: Athlon64 3200 // Gigabyte K8NNXP with vmem/vddr voltmods // 256MB Corsair XMS3500 // Promise Fasttrak TX2000 // Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM HDD // TTGI 500W PSU voltmodded @ 3.7v/5.4v/12.6v // Prometia cooling (stock, r507 soon) // BBATI 9800XT stock no vmods YET // Speeds, voltages, and timings change daily
    25701 3DMarks
    "Everything you do will be more fun" -Microsoft, Windows 95 Installation
    I am american, PM's in english only please

Xtreme Mentor
    hmm, once a month doesn't sound too bad.

it would probably come down to price for me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Im a professional gamer for clan kapitol(cK-fatal1ty is my team mate im sure you know him ) So I have a bit of a different point of view

The MX700 is a great mouse, and I do mean GREAT for every day use and the occasional game, but occasionally in game it flakes out a bit like an old optical mouse it "spins and looks down" from the radio waves, other than that it is GREAT

The MX500 is currently my mouse of choice, I recently switched from the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 to it, its been great and improved my accuracy a decent ammount with every gun, and i find it very comfortable

just my 2C from a different point of view maybe
    Let the OC'ing begin!

Xtreme Member
    Thanks wildcard, I play ut2003 about 5 hours a day and my cheap wheel mouse just isnt cutting it, althoug i do still do very well. One of my clan memebers Is also a pro gamer. He is currently at a q3 tournament. He goes by sn4p or [DaTs]Da-Way. He just sent me a demo of fatal1ty and cpence. I would love to go to a professional tournament and compete but my problem is i play instagib and ive heard that tournaments are almost always regular weapons. I do pretty good in rw but i have yet to play someone who can own me in instagib.....Im sure being a pro gamer u usually play in private passworded servers but if u ever feel like some instagib i have a server. It called [DaTs]0GuagePA's §§§§§ Slappin server...66.165.90.73 It would be cool to play someone with some real skills and see how well i do!
    E8400@ 4.0
    SUNBEAM|CR-CCTF
    ASUS P5Q PRO
    4GB G-Skill
    MSI HD 4850
    Vista 64bit

If you got the money, get the MX700, if your broke or dont care for cordless mice, get the MC500. They are both the same thing, but one has a cord and the other doesn't.
    Justin Murray
    eBay/Heatware ID: murray6475
    My Pentium 4 System
    My AMD Athlon XP System

Xtreme Member
    Can i say something too? I don't own a MX 700, but as a gamer, a friend of mine told me that he things the MX 700 is heavy in terms of weight, and less manuverable. So for extreme gaming, I will not recommand the 700, get the 500 for gaming instead.

P4 2.4C @ 3.2 (1.7V)| IC7 MAX3 @ 267FSB rev 1.0 BIOS 1.6 (to be MadCat modded)| OCZ PC4000 DC Gold 2*256 (new revision), 1:1, 2.8V, 3-8-4-4, AA7EA
    Grandmars 9700Pro | LiteOn 16X DVD-ROM | Plextor PX-708A | Audigy 2 ZS Platinum | 2 Raptors in RAID 0 via SB| Antec TrueControl 550| XP Pro
    Cooling:
    DD Maze 4 | BIX w/ 12cm fan ~ 1600rpm | heatercore | Hydro L20 | DangerDen 9700 waterblock

CPU max load: mid 50s
    HEATWARE:naughty_guy