Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Team Xtreem] Stupid customs!!

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpoon
    You sold a product at a fair price, and after the box left you, it's out of your hands.
    No its not, if your a seller and decide to ship outside your country you should have some idea of customes fees to the country your shipping to , let the buyer know if he already doesnt so your both on the same page.

Git-R-Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    No its not, if your a seller and decide to ship outside your country you should have some idea of customes fees to the country your shipping to , let the buyer know if he already doesnt so your both on the same page.
    No, that wouldn't work...it's not in HIS hands to decide what you pay. He ships at the agreed price, how is it his fault that you get charged customs? He CAN'T have an idea about customs fees as it changes, is seemingly random, and is more based on the custom's agent's mood than the true item itself.

If the buyer doesn't know that some items might be chaged customs/duties, then he/she deserves to pay whatever might be charged.

It's not the seller's responsability to cover duties, the BUYER is the one importing, the seller is simply offering a server (in this case, the retailing of a product).

Why do you think no actual retailer (corporation) covers their customer's duty fees?

J-Mag should not have to pay him back anything, it is in NO way his fault.

Live Long And Overclock
    YOu still end up with good memory thats worth more than 44 uk pounds...

Perkam

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam
    YOu still end up with good memory thats worth more than 44 uk pounds...

Perkam
    i agree. damn good memory imo
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme News Addict
    is seemingly random, and is more based on the custom's agent's mood than the true item itself.
    Huh? where are you pulling this from? his mood?

Its not random http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/

And its the responsibility of the seller to state that the buyer is responsible for any customes fees on whatever hes selling.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey, hey guys. Take it easy on TEAM

It's not their fault that I was charged VAT. I wouldn't have minded paying say £20 to get it out of customs, but £44 is a bit too steep for me . I know the RAM is worth way more than that, but I'm off to uni next month and really can't afford to spend unless it's absolutely necessary

I've bought stuff from abroad before, and like Kiwi said, it's always been sent insured at a low value and with EMS (what's EMS anyway?). 2 x 1 GB G.Skill HZ PC4000 from a forum member was insured for $20, and my E6300 bought from a member in Australia was insured for AUD $40. No problems

It might have been allright if the RAM was marked at $150 rather than $300 though

Would it be possible to resend it if I decline, or do you have any other suggestions?

And once again, please take it easy on TEAM I didn't enter the competition just to win some RAM. Taking part was the real fun part
    Last edited by K.I.T.T.; 08-25-2006 at 10:47 PM.
    The rig
    CPUs: E6300 ES B0 @ 3220 MHz w/1.35v orthos stable | E6600 B2 @ 3400 MHz w/1.43v --> Sold | Xeon 3050 L2 @ 3304 MHz w/1.45v orthos stable
    MoBo: Asus P5K-E WiFi-AP @ 520 x * orthos stable
    Graphics: 256 MB Connect 3D Radeon X1900XT @ 661/828 (core/mem)
    RAM: 2 x 1 GB Team Xtreem PC2 5300 @ DDR1010 4-4-4-8 / DDR1100 5-5-5-12 w/2.25v orthos stable
    HDDs: 300 GB (16 MB Cache) and 80 GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 drives
    Optical: NEC ND3500AG DVD +/- RW
    PSU: Antec True Power 2.0 550W
    H2O
    Swiftech MCR220-QP | Laing D5 | AquaXtreme MP-05 Pro LE | DangerDen Maze 4 LP | 2 x 120mm NoiseBlocker SX1 fans
    Lappy
    MSI MS1022 14.1" Widescreen Barebone | Celeron-M 360 1.4 GHz @ 1.86 GHz / Pentium M 715A | GeForce 6200 Go | 80 GB Fujitsu HDD | Sony DVD +/- RW
    Waiting for
    Nehalem

Xtreme Addict
    EMS is BS.
    Better pay more for the DHL or Fedex and forget about VATs

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.

It's not their fault that I was charged VAT. I wouldn't have minded paying say £20 to get it out of customs, but £44 is a bit too steep for me . I know the RAM is worth way more than that, but I'm off to uni next month and really can't afford to spend unless it's absolutely necessary

I've bought stuff from abroad before, and like Kiwi said, it's always been sent insured at a low value and with EMS (what's EMS anyway?). 2 x 1 GB G.Skill HZ PC4000 from a forum member was insured for $20, and my E6300 bought from a member in Australia was insured for AUD $40. No problems

It might have been allright if the RAM was marked at $150 rather than $300 though

Would it be possible to resend it if I decline, or do you have any other suggestions?

And once again, please take it easy on TEAM I didn't enter the competition just to win some RAM. Taking part was the real fun part
    That being said I Don't think you should be asked to pay £44.00 Custom Fee's when most Serious Individuals let alone a Company should Understand all Tax Negotiations in Well Established Countries.

It comes down to Team here and what Moral route they want to take, I don't want to get involved but I would expect them to atleast Evaluate the problem properly and recognize that this is infact a Prize which should contribute to a Free Gift, it does make you question Team Groups Customer Service if this isn't carried out in the appropriate manner.

I would also like to point out that most Computer Equipment sent between the US and UK should not be eligible for Tax I " Beleive " .
    Last edited by rapty; 08-26-2006 at 01:35 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The only issue with declaring a low value is that, if the package gets lost in the post you're screwed... (That's assuming you take out postal insurance...)

It doesnt seem to matter (in most cases) whether the package is marked as a gift of not, if the value is stated as being over the threshold then you stand a good chance of being stung with hefty customs.
    The annoying thing is, (in the UK at anyrate) you don't just get charged the custom's fee, parcelfarce also stick a 25 quid flat rate charge for their "handling fee" which bumps up the cost no end!
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    EU laws are the same for all EU member countries. It absolutely does not matter if you marked the package as gift or if you won the prize. 45EUR is the limit but may vary from country to country. The best way to send a package from US/Canada to EU is to do this:

1. Send EMS - fast, safer and I've never had problems with taxes

2. Declare value up to $20-$50 - even if you pay tax it will be very little

3. And mark it as "gift"

#2 being the most important
    Sometimes up to $100 is fine but more than that and tax is here

In this case no documents will help, trust me. Refuse the package and let the other end send again. Sorry this is the only way to avoid tax.
    You are both right and wrong. Most of Europe has a limit around 20-30EUR not around 45. But some countrys have that high limit. i wouldn't either say EMS is safer, normal airmail have been the best one for me. The worst ones are DHL, and other companies. as some of them are checking up the original prices.
    Also mark as gift doesn't work if its from a company always. i have some times gotten customs on those packages and when i called the customs they always have said "companys doesn't give gifts to private persons" that's why marking as commercial sampla can be better if its sent in a company name.
    Anyway, declare a low value, name sender as private person, mark as gift(or commercial sample if its sent in a company name). is the best way getting it through. I can say that i have ordered probably over 100 packages from asia/us so i know how our customs work

xtreme energy
    45EUR is from private to private. But as I said I don't mind paying $10 if it is declared $50 or so
    Some interesting info about customs is here:
    http://www.zoll.de/english_version/f...res/index.html

I don't trust regular airmail because
    1. Usually much slower, I've waited as long as 2 months. Usually surface mail is 2 months only.

2. Lost about 5 packages in 2 years (luckily only 1 was more or less worth, the rest were cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackX
    EMS is BS.
    Better pay more for the DHL or Fedex and forget about VATs
    Sorry, fedex is terrible here. Fedex = tax if declared value is too high. Plus they make you fill out all customs paper, make import declaration (for extra cost) and it takes 1 day till you actually can get out your package. Besides Fedex is not even faster than EMS in most cases
    Last edited by kiwi; 08-26-2006 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    45EUR is from private to private. But as I said I don't mind paying $10 if it is declared $50 or so
    Some interesting info about customs is here:
    http://www.zoll.de/english_version/f...res/index.html

I don't trust regular airmail because
    1. Usually much slower, I've waited as long as 2 months. Usually surface mail is 2 months only.

2. Lost about 5 packages in 2 years (luckily only 1 was more or less worth, the rest were cheap)
    You shouldn't send stuff like that as regualr airmail.. send it as USPS Global priority mail which is often cheaper than ground and is 2-6 days to europe.
    But i think it's only up to 4 pounds.
    Anyway, regular airmail have never taken more than 2 weeks for me. And that is even if it have to go through Customs. i would never pay for EMS if i don't have to.

About the 45EUR limit, then i understand, i thought you meant from Company to person. in Sweden it's like max about 55EUR person to person (when marked as gift).

If you dont put a value for the RAM, if it gets lost or arrives broken you get .

Why the prize tag was that? Dont know, but keep in mind that taxing is not a company problem. Thats what EU says, you can do 2 things:

Either put the real value to have yourself covered in case of lost or arriving broken. This way you will have to pay tax if value is +45€

Or dont put any value, just free git and you dont pay taxes but if it arrives broken dont start talking abour the company as people always do, it was your problem.

Regards.

Git-R-Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Huh? where are you pulling this from? his mood?

Its not random http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/

And its the responsibility of the seller to state that the buyer is responsible for any customes fees on whatever hes selling.
    You seem to belive that they always follow the same rules . I bet if I shipped 10 of the exact same thing, same value, same time, to the same person, some would be taxed, some wouldn't. You can't seem to get it into your head that our system is so vague that the consumer is always the one who suffers.

AND NO FFS, J-Mag is not a seller bound by the law, he's selling on a forum, tough sh1t for the guy who's too stupid to realize they might have to pay custom fees. You're a little brainwashed by bureaucracy, no? You have a little too much faith that they somehow know every single rule, treat everything the same, and you can predict what will be taxed or not .

Edit: For example, your site...I searched somehting on Ebay, all it does is enter in tax, and attempts to place it in a category...I got two packages, one from performance-pcs, one from petras, both marked Computer Parts/Accessories. Duties on one + taxes, nothing on the other.

Works out great, huh?
    Last edited by Shpoon; 08-26-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Xtreme News Addict
    You seem to belive that they always follow the same rules . I bet if I shipped 10 of the exact same thing, same value, same time, to the same person, some would be taxed, some wouldn't. You can't seem to get it into your head that our system is so vague that the consumer is always the one who suffers.

AND NO FFS, J-Mag is not a seller bound by the law, he's selling on a forum, tough sh1t for the guy who's too stupid to realize they might have to pay custom fees. You're a little brainwashed by bureaucracy, no? You have a little too much faith that they somehow know every single rule, treat everything the same, and you can predict what will be taxed or not .

Edit: For example, your site...I searched somehting on Ebay, all it does is enter in tax, and attempts to place it in a category...I got two packages, one from performance-pcs, one from petras, both marked Computer Parts/Accessories. Duties on one + taxes, nothing on the other.

Works out great, huh?
    Alright, dude, keep believing in whatever

Git-R-Done
    And enjoy your ignorant world.

I JUST paid duties for certain items, not for others, all low value, same category. If that's not proof enough for you, then you need something done to knock the stubborness out of your body. To what gain are you arguing this? I'm TELLING you my experiences, and you continue to "deny" them .

Oh well "keep believing in whatever".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    I got my G.Skill for free.
    Same here. Pity K.I.T.T m8.

@ Highland3r. you're the one from srw forums ain't ya?
    It was a long road and one that is now over. Behold the updatedrig:

NEC MultiSync LCD20WGX2 20.1" Widescreen // Antec P182 GunMetal // OCZ StealthXstream 700w // Gigabyte EP45-UD3P //
    Q9550 @ 3.44Ghz // Tuniq Tower 120 // Gainward GTX260 (896MB) @ 580/900 // 8GB OCZ PC2-8500C5 (OCZ2P10664GK) //
    60GB OCZ Vertex 2 // 600GB WD VelociRaptor (WD6000HLHX)// 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 (HD103UJ) // RED Saitek Eclipse //
    3x Sanyo-Denki 102.5cfm 120x38mm fan // 1x Delta 80cfm 80mm fan in modified 5.25" bay "Flipped" Sunbeam Rheobus //
    1x Antec Tricool 120mm fan // 1x RED Akasa System Exhaust fan // RED Sunbeam Meteor lights // RED Razer Diamondback //

Xtreme News Addict
    And enjoy your ignorant world.

I JUST paid duties for certain items, not for others, all low value, same category. If that's not proof enough for you, then you need something done to knock the stubborness out of your body. To what gain are you arguing this? I'm TELLING you my experiences, and you continue to "deny" them .

Oh well "keep believing in whatever".
    Alright already take a ing hike

Git-R-Done
    No thanks, you're the one who's resorted to being a complete ass. I was helping/informing J-Mag, and you had a problem with that, you don't like it? Then you can leave....why would I "take a hike"?

Anyways, best of luck KITT.
    Last edited by Shpoon; 08-28-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Xtreme News Addict
    You were informing J-mag?, please. You didnt do jack in that sence

with your "depends on the officers mood" comment, ya that will really help him out!!

Go to http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/, J-mag that will give you and idea.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.

Hi K.I.T.T.,
    Thanks for backing us up. As you understand it we did not expect this type of things to happen, and I apologized it has happened. We will pay extra attention for out of state gifts in the future. Instead of writing a check to you about the custom fee I've decided to issue an open credit for your future purchases on Team products. Please use this credit direct through TEAM US OFFICE ONLY~~ other branches or distributors will not apply it for you(since I personally issued it).

44.22 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 83.7214 USD
    United States Dollars
    1 GBP = 1.89329 USD 1 USD = 0.528181 GBP

I will give you an open credit for $84.00 USD.

Thanks for your time and patience.
    Last edited by TeamUSOffice; 08-28-2006 at 02:24 PM.
    Please visit Team Group's forum at http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/forums/
    For RMA problem please email rma@teamgroup.com.tw
    For Trouble shooting problem pls email xtreemtech@teamgroup.com.tw

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamUSOffice
    Hi K.I.T.T.,
    Thanks for backing us up. As you understand it we did not expect this type of things to happen, and I apologized it has happened. We will pay extra attention for out of state gifts in the future. Instead of writing a check to you about the custom fee I've decided to issue an open credit for your future purchases on Team products.
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark
    This is out of my own pocket, since i am the PM in the US! Anyhow, this WAS indeed our problem and K.I.T.T. deserved not to pay anything on his price. I quote KITT "FXXXING CUSTOM!!!!" O well, I just trying to tell everyone that TEAM is here to solve problems rather than avoid it.
    Please visit Team Group's forum at http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/forums/
    For RMA problem please email rma@teamgroup.com.tw
    For Trouble shooting problem pls email xtreemtech@teamgroup.com.tw

Xtreme Member
    lol

What do you sell for $84.00?

Why was a Coupon given instead of a Cash/Money Refund, Sounds to me its just a better way of Promoteing extra Business which Naturally why Team Group is Running, My View though is it gives the Impression that the Company will use their Mistakes in a Market where maybe the Customer does not Understand fully about the World Duty Regulations Dishonestly, where a Professional Company most certainly should this then asks the question is Team Group in the Business for the Long Haul or a Momentary Ticket? where the Customer or in this Case the Prize winner should or could lose out in Order for a mistake which was not carried out by themselves to be Picked up.

It Sounds by the Etchy Feedback from Team Group its Hang yourself with your own Rope Psychology, the best route to be taken here would have been to cover his Import Fee's instead of useing the Issue as a meens to extra Business which could be Interpreted as Deception under a excuse, In this case it does look to come down to the Customers Personal Attributes instead of all Retail Customers let alone Prize winners dealt with on a level Playing Field and in the appropriate Professional Manner.

Or I could be Wrong and they aren't simply that Multi National Yet

No Cauldron is meant to be Stirred, just what I have Picked up
    Last edited by rapty; 08-29-2006 at 02:25 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Why is this even a tread?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast